Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Red Hessian Army, from the Neo Terran Front
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

[color=#FFFFFF]Priority: High
Encryption: High
Destination: RHA High Command
Source: Commodore Robert Crompton

Greetings. I am Robert Crompton, Commodore of the Neo Terran Front. You've probably already heard of us from your own pilots; our goal is to build a Sleeper Ship and leave Sirius, to settle in another sector entirely and build a new colony there. Events during the past month have forced us to leave the Independent Worlds surrounding Liberty for the Border Worlds.

Unfortunately, the number of stations willing to grant landing clearance are limited to those under the control of the Zoners, Junkers and those of the Mollies in Newcastle. This has proven problematic, as it limits the range of our operations, particularly in Rheinland. The Omegas also pose a problem, with large areas of space between friendly bases, and numerous hostile Corsair patrols who would rather see us dead.

Therefore, I would like to request docking rights on Hessian bases for vessels of the Neo Terran Front. We can help destroy Corsairs that we encounter, in fact, we've *already* been doing that for a while now.

I await your response on this matter.

-Robert Crompton
-]NTF[-Robert.Crompton
[Image: Photo-hoerst.jpg]

Message to: Commodore Robert Crompton, NTF
Comm ID: Major Gunther Hoerst

Guten abend.

I have read your message, and it pleases me to know that we seem to share a common enemy. Nevertheless, considering that my organisation has to face many enemies who constantly try to strike from within as well as the outside, I'll need another gesture of good will.

I have next to no information about your group, its methods of operations, the forces it commands or the primary reason for the need to expand across the Omega systems. If you can share this information with me as friends, I can then bring your case before my superiors.

After all, if you want to use our bases, we need to be absolutely sure that you are friendly towards us and our goals. Letting potential saboteurs on board of our installations is not something that we would do.

Regards,
Hoerst

Greetings.

The Neo Terran Front's objective is to construct a Sleeper Ship with the intention of leaving Sirius for another sector to colonise. In our opinion, it is the best option to put the various conflicts in Sirius behind in a region where they are irrelevant if we are to truly escape them.

The Front relies primarily on Civilian and Borderworlds snubcraft, however we also posess three Hellfire Legion Bayonets, two Broadswords, and a Hellfire Legion Spyglass-Class Chassis, our Mobile Headquarters. A limited number of our fighter craft also make use of Hellfire Legion technology.

We also have varied reasons for expanding across the Omega cluster:
  • To assist the Mollies in fighting the Corsair threat beyond the boundaries of the Dublin system and the house of Bretonia. By fighting the Corsairs before they enter Bretonia, we can help the Mollies regain more strength so they can repel the Corsairs more effectively should they enter Bretonian and Molly space.

• To contact the "unlawful" groups of Rheinland. We believe that factions, for example the Landwirtrechtbewegung, care more about the common people of Rheinland than those who are in power. Working with such groups would be more beneficial to the people of Rheinland, rather than simply working with corporations who are responsible for perpetuating the terrible state of living conditions for Rheinland citizens, and care more about their credits than their workers.

• The Neo Terran Front has travelled to various regions of Sirius, particularly distant areas such as the Taus, Gallia and Independent Worlds not bordering Rheinland. We can provide information on the geography, political climate, and threats in those regions which are not so easily accessed from Rheinland.

I hope this covers everything you wanted to know about us.

-Robert Crompton
-]NTF[-Robert.Crompton

Retransmitting

Well, Herr Crompton, dealings with the Hellfire Legion imply that your group originates mainly from Liberty. That is a concern for me, considering that Liberty is at war not just with the false government of Rheinland but with the Rheinland People as well. They've been trying to sneak leeches and spies into our movement for months now, probably hoping to incite an internal conflict. Of course, all those attempts failed dramatically so far. So tell me, why did you decide to leave Liberty in the first place?

Also, I'd like to confirm your relations with the SCRA and the Order, considering those are two organisations we are sympathetic toward. What are your relations with those two factions?

Regards,
Hoerst

The Neo Terran Front indeed originates from Liberty, but we are in no way Libertonian allies. The actions of the LSF have turned the state of Liberty into a mortal nemesis.

Originally the Front was a project by the LSF themselves, Neo-Liberty. After attempting to stop the project by culling it and everyone involved in it, the top officials of the project managed to escape, and went on to continue that project. Today that is what is known as the Neo-Terran Front. Out of all those involved in the original project, Lieutenant Caroline Atchison is the highest ranking of the former LSF.

Unlike the original Neo-Liberty project, the Neo Terran Front is set apart in that it is an organisation composed of people of all backgrounds. The Front is a mishmash of Zoners, Bretonians, Libertonians (including the ex-LSF masterminds), ex-Outcasts and even a ronin Kusari terraforming scientist. Myself, I'm Bretonian.

The LSF have always felt the need to see our destruction. Luckily, we found allies in the Hellfire Legion, a group with a similar origin to our own, who seek to overthrow the Liberty Government. The Front has participated in several Hellfire operations against Liberty, sabotaging our common enemy in strikes such as this one:

About a month ago, the LSF finally sent a force which we could not counter. The Neo Terran Front was forced from its home in Kansas. Our decision to leave Liberty was simple, to escape the clutches of the LSF, in a region of space where they could not destroy us. The Border and Edge Worlds are suitably distant.

As for our diplomacy:
We consider the Order as friends, if not allies. The threat posed by the Nomads is undeniable; there is no reason for hostility with the protectors of humanity. We have never interfered with the operations of the Order nor do we intend to. Interference in their job brings the human race one small step closer to extinction.

We have had little contact with the SCRA. However, despite differing views, we have no reason to antagonise them, and we share a common enemy. Effectively neutral.

-Robert Crompton
-]NTF[-Robert.Crompton

Well, your information checks out with my sources in Liberty. After careful deliberation with my superiors, we have decided to grant you temporary access to Red Hessian bases in the Omega sector, namely Freital, Viernheim and Casablanca. Ronneburg is in a constant state of alert due to the large Corsair presence in the system, and might not be able to accommodate you at certain times.

For now you will receive access only to the lower decks and launch hangars on our bases. Our ship technicians will be able to help out with any damage if they are not busy with our own ships. Also, bring your own supplies.

This should be enough for now. Perhaps in time we will extend those privileges further. Be assured that I will watch your operations closely.

Regards,
Hoerst