Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unable to connect to Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there.
I want to play on the Freelancer RP 24/7 server but i can't connenct. I know i have internet connection.
The messenge that pops is:

"I'm sorry, but a connction could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by the server going offline as you try to connect with it, it may also be caused by internet problems. Please try again later."

Happy for help, and i will try again later and also restart the mod but if it dosent work i'm hope i can get some help from here :D

// Periy
' Wrote:Hi there.
I want to play on the Freelancer RP 24/7 server but i can't connenct. I know i have internet connection.
The messenge that pops is:

"I'm sorry, but a connction could not be established to that server. This is usually caused by the server going offline as you try to connect with it, it may also be caused by internet problems. Please try again later."

Happy for help, and i will try again later and also restart the mod but if it dosent work i'm hope i can get some help from here :D

// Periy
That message is normally shown when the server is filled. If you see 197 or higher players on the server in the server list, you can expect that message to happen. Just keep trying untill another player logs off, and you get the available slot.

If you see it when the server player count is lower then, it is an issue between your PC, your ISP and the server. Also, having IPv6 enabled on a Vista, XP or Windows 7 installation can make that message appear during a connection attempt, even if you can see the server in the server list, and it has available slots.

Can you connect to any other server running the Discovery mod ?

A & L Guy
No, i cant enter any server and the player number is 130. I will try the other tips you gave me. Thx a lot:D
I can't find that IPv6 thing...
Same here cant connect to Freelancer RP 24/7 server. and no the server was not full there was less then 60 players last night after reset.

And yes I can connect to the other Freelancer servers.

I get to my character screen and select my character and load and it returns me to the server select screen.

Last night it droped me out, I retund and drop me out soon again then I could not get back in.

Please help, thank you.

Edit: Seems to be running smooth again, Just like to say you folkes are doing a fine job keeping us all happy here in Sirius.
' Wrote:That message is normally shown when the server is filled. If you see 197 or higher players on the server in the server list, you can expect that message to happen. Just keep trying untill another player logs off, and you get the available slot.

If you see it when the server player count is lower then, it is an issue between your PC, your ISP and the server. Also, having IPv6 enabled on a Vista, XP or Windows 7 installation can make that message appear during a connection attempt, even if you can see the server in the server list, and it has available slots.

Can you connect to any other server running the Discovery mod ?

A & L Guy

Where can i see if IPv6 is on or off. Will the computer work fine if i disable it becouse i guess it has something to do with my internet...
What operating system are you using... Windows XP? Vista? 7?
Vista.
Quote:4. HOW TO DISABLE IPv6

IPv6 is the new IP standard protocol that's set to default in Windows Vista, when Freelancer uses IPv4. Please note only follow the following tutorial if you're having problems connecting to the server. Example of the problem: Hex coding replacing the IP, "2001:0db8:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7334" instead of "82.113.48.5:2302".

* 1. Open Control Panels, Network and Internet, Network Connections.
* 2. Right click on your default connection, and click properties. (Example: Local Area Connection)
* 3. Scroll down the list that comes up and look for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)", untick the box and click ok.

Done.

source:click me!

search is your friend :cool:
Nope, IPv6 Solution dosent work :/
Pages: 1 2 3