Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A Kusari police faction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed every day there are more and more independant Kusari Police fighters, so I was thinking, is it time for a Kusari police faction? Currently there is only the KNF, which represents the Navy. Somehow I cant see the navy dealing with minor criminals. The Navy is the millitary so it stands to reason there should be a house police force. The Police are internal house forces, while the Navy pushes the boundries back and defends those boundries. In real life, you don't see millitary personal arresting people for breaching the police do you? (Exept RMPs, Royal Millitary Police, but thats not the point, they deal with soldiers and the like, not civillians.) No. Let the Navy fight wars and protect Kusari from Bretonia and the like, with the battleships and heavy gear and the police take care of take the criminals such as smugglers and tose considered breaching the peace (fining for OORP in Kusari without good reason?). A Kusari Police faction could act a allies to the KNF, and seeing as there is already a NPC faction in place there is a backgroun and sound set of alliences and enemies already in place.

Name: KSP, or Kusari State Police. Kusari police tag and ID. The Navy could have all the 'heavy gear' such as battleships, cruisers and gunboats. You don't see police officers in tanks do you? (Exept riot officers, but thats not the point:P.) KSP pilots would be ecoraged to fly Wyrm fighters and experienced pilots 'rewarded' with Chimeras. RP would be of the paramount with weapons loadouts and ship choices hinging on it.

Any feed back? Is this a good idea and not just another one for the scrap heap?

EDIT- This is not a faction creation thread, just a theory/idea, just though I would make that clear in case anyone wants to know and/or wants to kill me
Have you read THIS Jammi.
Now due to fact that the above post was edited while I was posting, and its NOT a creation thread. Feel free
to voice your usual opinions. But as a faction it will need to be given approval first I'm afraid - Hoodlum
whew... you saw the edit! Well I have been rattling an idea around in my mostly empty head, and I thought something up, but I'm not sure how to intergrate it into gameplay. Commision:

A officer/soldier may sign up as a Officer or be given a Commission to become one later in his/her careers. My idea was that known RPer would gain the position of officer imedietly, and others could buy their Comission. A ensign wouldn't be able to get a Commission for any amount of money, that would just be foolish if they could. A Lance Constable would get a Commission for 10mil (lack of judgement is reason of high cost) Constable a Commission for 7.5mil, a Sargeant for 4mil and a Staff sergant for 750K, or if a act of bravery and honour is commited by a pilot and Command deems it right, a Commission may be granted.

Officers would have commad priority over NCOs but a new Officer would do well to listen to a senior NCO for experience. Any ideas? I'm translating potential ranks to Japanese with a translator I found on Google to make this a more RP viable if this will happen and to stop the ranks sounding too Bretonian. Is there any feedback for this? Before I do anything is anyone interested in a Kusari Police faction?

EDIT: Ack! Doh wrong log in!
I believe the already established KNF faction is still in need of more members. Why not help and promote that faction? I know the police have a different mandate from the military, but given the game's possibilities, those differences become quite blurry, don't you think? If you really are willing to put so much effort in this as to start a new faction, maybe you could become an important member of KNF.

Anyway, this is only a shared thought. I do not belong to KNF nor know anything about it.

EDIT: So, to answer your question frankly. I think the KNF have to get stronger before it's time for a KSP faction to show up.
I would also say join the KNF, they are in need of active members. Once that faction is stable enough then look at making the police faction.
' Wrote:I believe the already established KNF faction is still in need of more members. Why not help and promote that faction? I know the police have a different mandate from the military, but given the game's possibilities, those differences become quite blurry, don't you think? If you really are willing to put so much effort in this as to start a new faction, maybe you could become an important member of KNF.

Anyway, this is only a shared thought. I do not belong to KNF nor know anything about it.

EDIT: So, to answer your question frankly. I think the KNF have to get stronger before it's time for a KSP faction to show up.
' Wrote:I would also say join the KNF, they are in need of active members. Once that faction is stable enough then look at making the police faction.
I'm already a member of the KNF my sig says as much- I'm a Leiutenant (or however you spell it), besides, a police faction would hunt down all the smugglers and petty criminals and help with terrorists and pirates, so the KNFs burden is being reduced which lets them concentrate on more pressing issues: the war with Bretonia and the border world situations.

One thing, to reduce OORP in-system chat, what do you guys think of fineing OORPers for 'breaching the peace'? If a person repeatedly OORPs and the officer thinks it neccisary then they get fined.
I really didn't look at your signature (selective viewing). Sorry for that. Anyway, I think creating another lawful faction in Kusari while the KNF isn't very stabilized would undermine it, more than relieve it from it's petty duties, as you put it. You would be switching chars from one to another, how about the guys that enter KSP in detriment of the KNF?

EDIT: About your proposal... I don't know if that's such a good idea, since it'd be kind of overstepping the admin work. You could RP it though. Everytime you see a '//' in system you treat it as it were an offense to the local authority, then you PM the person explaining. Try it. In Rheinland we don't understand the word "lol". The other day I said, "I think this 'lol' is some kind of code. Maybe they're warning accomplices of our presence". Do your best to transform ooRP into RP. Taxing? Hmmm... I don't know.
:lol:Never laughed that much. This is the best real misunderstanding joke i heard since a while.:lol:

:nono:: First join KNF to strengthen them with active members. Then you can make a KSP faction.
:rolleyes:: I'm already in the KNF. Look at my signature.

Seriously, when you see so many independent KSP tagged players try it again and again to convince them to join KNF. This would be better atm.

Respectfully
AoM
Ok all, I'll put this idea on ice 'til the KNF gets stronger and there is more of a need for it.
' Wrote:I noticed every day there are more and more independant Kusari Police fighters, so I was thinking, is it time for a Kusari police faction? Currently there is only the KNF, which represents the Navy. Somehow I cant see the navy dealing with minor criminals. The Navy is the millitary so it stands to reason there should be a house police force. The Police are internal house forces, while the Navy pushes the boundries back and defends those boundries. In real life, you don't see millitary personal arresting people for breaching the police do you? (Exept RMPs, Royal Millitary Police, but thats not the point, they deal with soldiers and the like, not civillians.) No. Let the Navy fight wars and protect Kusari from Bretonia and the like, with the battleships and heavy gear and the police take care of take the criminals such as smugglers and tose considered breaching the peace (fining for OORP in Kusari without good reason?). A Kusari Police faction could act a allies to the KNF, and seeing as there is already a NPC faction in place there is a backgroun and sound set of alliences and enemies already in place.

Name: KSP, or Kusari State Police. Kusari police tag and ID. The Navy could have all the 'heavy gear' such as battleships, cruisers and gunboats. You don't see police officers in tanks do you? (Exept riot officers, but thats not the point:P.) KSP pilots would be ecoraged to fly Wyrm fighters and experienced pilots 'rewarded' with Chimeras. RP would be of the paramount with weapons loadouts and ship choices hinging on it.

Any feed back? Is this a good idea and not just another one for the scrap heap?

EDIT- This is not a faction creation thread, just a theory/idea, just though I would make that clear in case anyone wants to know and/or wants to kill me

if u ware goin to start 1 ill join... ive had some experiance starting a faction.... just 1 thing i wonder... can we use kasari destroyers? or is that navy?
Pages: 1 2