Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unioner Gunship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I have received an request for a Unioner Gunship.

Before melting my brain i did remember of a neither shared nor presented older model i had made. The origin idea was to make it as a Zoner Gunboat, but i have decided to give other modelers an opportunity.
Now i'm thankful, that i haven't scrapped the model. It saves me time.:tease:

[Image: t2_IWVD_kNHdNI.jpg] [Image: t2_80BDEvQX6wC.jpg]

[Image: t2_OUxlKQWvVcB.jpg] [Image: t2_9iNqm7YNXko.jpg]

[Image: t2_75qMJQff6Vo.jpg]

Red stripes and symbol were wishes of the Unioners, so i have implemented them.

Stats would be atm: 6 GB turrets, Armour 60.000, Manoeuveribility like Hacker and BHG Gunships.

For Gunships in general i recommend to set the power supply from 500K to 250K - 300K and the ability to mount transport shields only. This would give them a bit more difference to Gunboats.

Respectfully
AoM
Well I am so glad that we are in the phase of discussing this concept:)
Hope we can get favor of the community to implement this ship..
I like it, it looks good. The only thing im not sure about is giving it a transport shield, it would get owned fast.
Well, congratulations, AoM. (subliminal message: GET IN GAME, AoM!)

I just don't know about it's role. I mean, weren't the Unioneers supposed to be a low profile group, with the whole "let's remain neutral towards the Hessians while we still deal with the Corsairs and generally wreck havoc in Rheinland" thing? Building a gunship of their own isn't like dropping the whole "we're a small time group" altogether? Well, then again, maybe that's the general idea. Any Unioneer here can state their intentions with that move?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I'm not against it. I'm just genuinely interested in the "politics" behind that.
This is nice gunship model for Unioners

I agree with AoM that gunship needs power reduction, they are smaller and more manoeuveribile then gunboats
I know the red stripes are per unioners request but... doesn't that makes it bretonian style?
otherwise very nice
' Wrote:Well, congratulations, AoM. (subliminal message: GET IN GAME, AoM!)

I just don't know about it's role. I mean, weren't the Unioneers supposed to be a low profile group, with the whole "let's remain neutral towards the Hessians while we still deal with the Corsairs and generally wreck havoc in Rheinland" thing? Building a gunship of their own isn't like dropping the whole "we're a small time group" altogether? Well, then again, maybe that's the general idea. Any Unioneer here can state their intentions with that move?

Unioners will be still playing a limited role of influence and effect in Rheinland but if the Lane Hackers have a gunship of their own, why not one for the Unioners who do not have any unique vessels of their own at the moment? A gunship choice for Corsair affliated factions this would provide and add some depth to the current selection of vessels in my opinion.
Yeah...maybe now every Corsair-affiliated faction won't be using that stinking ugly lunchbox.:P

Excellent work, AoM, as always.
Small time group at the beginning, theres nothing to say over time it would get bigger and start making a ship, i mean a group of minors even have there own gunship...
Hope you didn't get me wrong, Kress. I believe you didn't. And I agree with you when you say it would add depth to the game, you're right.

What I was thinking is exactly this:

Quote:A gunship choice for Corsair affliated factions this would provide and add some depth to the current selection of vessels in my opinion.

This is a bold move for the Unioneers considering their current neutral status towards the Hessians, wouldn't you say that? I mean, if you're building ships for Corsair allied factions you're pretty much stating in the open your alliance with them, so how will this affect your mutual neutrality? That's my curiosity.

Any Hessians could put in their thoughts on this one?

@ AoM: Get in game! Also, sorry to spoil your thread with this side discussion. Understand this as a uncontested approval of your ship. It really looks great.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15