Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ten Million is not enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got this transmission from my Bomber pilot. I now wish I didn't send him on this mission and I am waiting for another transmission to see if I can get a hold of him. Me and a few freelancers have been doing some investigative work that has been paying off. I won't tell you where we've been but my attention has been drawn to Gallia space ever since it opened up. I can only presume Richards is alive as I got this data packet and its only about 28 hours behind. I'll keep things posted as they come through.

Time delay: 28 hours
Pilot ID Cedric Richards
Ship ID [FL]-Thexder
Coding: '€¦ '€¦ '€¦ Extreme range broadcasting. Encryption not possible.

***Ship Recording in progress***

I took it upon myself to search out the one freelancer who was fighting along side us in his Virage. Remember? he went missing somewhere around the jump hole just outside of Tau 23. Far be it from me to turn down a mission, hell I out flew a Phantom destroyer and a few other ships a few times my size and ten Million?! I put my bomber on auto pilot and took to the jump hold faster than you could say locked on. Though you suggested I swap out a fighter, I could manage well enough in this bomber.

I couldn'€™t help but think, with all the news about these Council and Gallic Royal'€™s, everyone was pretty much in the dark about what in the world these guys wanted from us. Between a little scouting, a making my bomber a glorified picture taker, and 3 million starting pay and seven million when I get back, all I had to do was keep out of trouble. After all, I wasn'€™t headed into Nomad space. I'€™m sure a recording or two of this would fetch a great price with the Bounty Hunters or at least the Liberty navy. Well I ran across a few outcasts who were more than willing to look the other way, seeing they were cruising to attack someone else. Sometimes I want to take a larger role in defense like my boss but, being neutral has its strong points.

There it is, the Reunion base everyone was talking about and a huge hole through the mine fields. The Council had some pretty unique ships and some that looked like they belonged in a museum, sputtering gaseous fuels from random parts of their fighters. Oddly, they all seemed to handle pretty well regardless. I'€™m landing there and will get back with you when I make a pit stop.
***recording paused***

***Recording continue***
I'€™m back. I did see a few other freelancers looking for any kind of unique goods and a few Council guys in uniform. None of them talked to me and I wasn'€™t about to broadcast what I was out here for. I took one last glance out the observatory window, I finished my drink and prepped for launch.

Gezz a bit over compensation if you ask me. Mines that could set themselves off if they were any closer, but good markers helped me leave Orkney behind and lanced me straight into Languedoc. Oddly, not too impressive but here goes my report. Broken down over weaponized base at the entrance, but still the IFF didn'€™t paint it cherry so I could at least fall back here if I could. I did however see a derelict battle cruiser, gezz it was big. Nothing to salvage to make a few extra credits on the side and more the same from the garbage floating around it.

[Image: screen114x.jpg]

I caught some radio chatter from a planet they also had a neutral IFF and found it was pretty active. When this mission was over, I was going to check the planet out a bit more and see what'€™s available for trade. A picture snap later and I was off. Easy money.

[Image: screen115x.jpg]

I'€™m starting to see some red marks in the distance and it wasn'€™t hard for me to'€¦what the hell? My sensors just took a dive and I lost main contact with a relay way back at the jump hole. Dear God, that battleship is emitting one hell of a powerful jamming field.

[Image: screen119x.jpg]

I'€™m cutting off the trade lanes before I get too close. I'€™m about 4K away and I'€™m already being opened fire on. These guys don'€™t like company at all! But there'€™s the jump gate as clear as day. I just got to do an end run and '€¦Great a fighter wing coming in from the Battleship and now a battle group coming in. Wait a second, that'€™s the Council shiNNZzzz,,,, My shields are down! Must have taken a pulse hit from the Battleship. I'€™m veering around the Council battle group to get my shields up then head for that Jump Gate. I'€™m betting there wont be much on the other side with this much firepower on this one. Shields up around 46% , that'€™s got to be enough, I'€™m going to wait for the last moment to hit the gates ACS (Automatic Connection System) and'€¦Got it! I think one of those Council destroyers bought it. I do believe I entered some private little war going on here.

Regional Comm tags show this is the Dauphine system, Oh COME on!

[Image: screen120x.jpg]

They got 4 or five weapon platforms out here! Taking evasive! Hostile Trade lanes or not, their ACS systems take anything that comes their way, I just hope it doesn'€™t get disrupted before too long. GHA! Those weapon platforms are too close. I got to take some of them out before I take the lane. Firing! W..What? You'€™re not going to believe this, I fired a dozen volleys at the thing and its still functioning! SNAC charging, I got to take that one out, but I won'€™t have time'€¦.Damn it! Fighters incoming! Where the hell are these guys coming from? Shields down! I hope that armor holds, Firing! Got it!

[Image: screen121x.jpg]

Thrusters ahead. I got a missile lock on me! And'€¦Got it!

Yea they are following, dropping a mine and cruising the heck out of here. My armor took some hits, no internals damaged and bots are patching up the rest. Ok, maybe I should have taken a fighter. I'€™m headed to a base a bit a way and'€¦what looks like'€¦.you kidding me?

[Image: screen122x.jpg]

You won'€™t believe this when it gets to you, it looks like four moons and some small star in the middle impossibly close to each other. I'€™m going to land at that base if I can'€¦Nope, it just went red and sounding the alarm. These guys don'€™t give any warnings do they? And here I thought they would welcome an honest spying freelancer into their home without question. That trade Lane intersected with another one way back. I'€™m catching it with some other neutral cargo ships.

[Image: screen123x.jpg]

They aren'€™t responding to me and I'€™m not about to fire on them. Though it'€™s tempting, but I'€™m in enough trouble already.

See, that'€™s better a good clean trade lane. Wow, talk about a base of operations.

[Image: screen125x.jpg]

They got ship yards and massive facilities that look like they could give liberty a lesson or two and'€¦gezz did I mention over compensation? Two battleships stationed at one of the planet'€™s poles and one by the ship yards it looks like and'€¦.yep they saw me. I'€™ll try to cruise around the planet from a distance and take better pictures in a moment. Are you kidding me? I have a fighter group coming at me from two directions. You would think space would give me enough space to bug out and bingo.

[Image: screen126x.jpg]

A nice asteroid field, just what the doctor ordered. Sorry guys I'€™m just passing through. You would think these guys would guard their system better but that'€™s'€¦.Oh I see now, I'€™m screwed. I have another fighter wing coming FROM the field. Well, that'€™s not fair. I'€™m going to see just how much they want me dead. I'€™m thrustering right into them, SNAC on standby and a few mines will keep them from flanking me. Almost'€¦Almost'€¦ Firing! Bam! Oh Shi'€¦Bombers just nailed me with their own SNACs Stupid stupid move! If you'€™re hearing this Adam you send that seven mill to my folks! These bastards aren'€™t going to short change me! Dropping mines. Fantastic! I successfully pissed them all off. They are popping Cd'€™s right at me and I can'€™t out fly them. I'€™m dropping decoys but against all those missiles'€¦ I'€™m making it for the asteroid fields anyway. Damn if I'€™m not going to make them work for it.

[Image: screen128x.jpg]

W..What? I got lock on a base '€¦something in the field! I'€™m not getting any marker beacons or IFF from it at all. There seems to be some Military spire just hovering in space, I don'€™t detect any weapons, if its theirs they wont fire on it and I can make a cruise charge run then I'€™m getting the hell out of here.

[Image: screen127x.jpg]

These guys won'€™t let up! That derelict base would have been a great resting spot if half a squadron wasn'€™t 600 meters behind me. Just got to make it on the far side of that military station'€¦Hitting the cruise. Come on come on. Incoming missiles! God DaZZzz*static* Shields down! I'€™m getting internal warning all over. Batt charges out, Camera out. I'€™m losing power. Another fighter wing incoming. It'€™s a Council fighter wing! They just comm. Bursted a beacon marker for something 13k away. I got to make it. Gha! I just keep getting hit! Bots almost out. Those Council guys are breaking the pattern for me. I got to get them on my Christmas list. Cruise engines charging Go go go!

I got out of range of the Royals, I got a bit of smoke in the cockpit and my weapons aren'€™t holding their charges well at all. Man I hope I can fix this.
I'€™m looking at the sensors and the Royals bugged out. There were only 4 Council fighters and they couldn'€™t have retreated because of them. Oh'€¦.ok. I'€™m looking at a decked out pirate base. And they already got me in their docking pattern and I got no where else to go. Two Council fighters behind me look a bit ominous but they just saved my life. I don'€™t think they are going to blow me out of space after all that. I hope.

Well thy got some operation in here. Kind of like the blood dragons operations, buried within this massive rock. Adam, Maybe you should have taken this mission or had the Vindicator out here. Yep, I'€™m going to cut off the comms and transmit this if I make it out. They have a few armed guards heading to my ship and some guys in a medical garb. Please don'€™t let them probe me. Remember Adam, seven M I L L I O N. ***Recording interrupted.***