Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the IMG From Francesca Shipping and Security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:NEW YORK=
=SRCID:F~S|Adamo.Francesca=

~From the Desk of Adamo Francesca, CEO, Francesca Shipping and Security.

Buon Giorno signori,
We here at F~S have recently been discussing accommodations for our new corporate office, and one of the Board members suggested Freeport 4, located in Magellan, as a suitable site, as it is both in the centre of our area of operations, conveniently located along one of our major trade routes, and suitably far enough from any police presence to allow for smugg.....that is, i am sure the Independent systems are fully patrolled by lawfuls.

We are looking for approximately 2000 sq ft., just enough for five or six offices and an accounts receivable room. We would prefer it if the offices were located in some out of the way place on the station so that no one would hear the screams...of the heavy machinery we have. Yes, some of our machinery is very noisy.
We would also require long-term docking space and full access to all warehouses and docking ports, to aid in our material transfers, and access to the security cameras, as we ship many valuable goods that require some rather tight security.

Should such accommodations be available, we would be willing to rent them out from the IMG for a negotiable sum.
Thank you,
Adrianna Francesca, Executive Secretary to Adamo Francesca, CEO, Francesca Shipping and Security
=RETRANSMITTING ORIGINAL MESSAGE=
=APPEND MSG_01=
=SRC:FREEPORT 4 DOCKINGBAY=
=SRCID:F~S|Adamo.Francesca46785163=

Signori,
Please respond. Freeport 4 is a very desirable location.
See, its out all by it's lonesome.
In the middle of nowhere, practically.
I am almost certain it would take hours for, oh say, the LN or BAF to respond to a distress call.

~Adamo Francesca, CEO, Francesca Shipping and Security
*****Comm Activated*****

RE: Freeport 4 office space

First of all, thank you for showing an interest in using our public facilities. Freeport 4 is, for the most part, not truly known as a center of commerce, and if it were up to me, I'd see it differently. However your assumption that it would take a significant time to respond to a distress call is not quite accurate. The Bretonian Armed Forces and Libertine navies are both actively patrolling the entire system in a joint fleet operation as per the Curacao Accord. In addition, Freeport 4 has the carrier Perihelion and her fighter wings stationed in the area. Her patrols are likely first to respond to distress calls, and counter piracy threats, although it can be difficult to locate a signal within the Barrier icefields, due to the ice's refractive nature.

I am unfamiliar with your company however. What exactly is it you specialize in, and whom are you affiliated with? The main cargo produced in the Magellan system is water, and through cracking, oxygen for shipping to nearby stations. It is not a very lucrative business, but enough to keep the station operational. As for your desire to be in a remote location, considering Freeport 4 is on one of the main trade lanes between Bretonia and Liberty, two nations friendly to eachother, we see quite a significant amount of shipping pass the lane.

I however do not have the authority to grant a request as this myself, but will forward it up the chain to be considered. Meanwhile, a little more background information on your organization would be preferable. I must admit your insistance on privacy and references to our "out of the way" location make me wonder just what it is you seek to accomplish in Magellan. I will remind you that the Independant Miners Guild does not condone piracy nor the transfer of illicit goods on any of it's bases. Wanted pirates and smugglers found on our bases are turned over to the appropriate authorities.

*****Comm Deactivated*****
=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:GRAVES STATION,DUBLIN=
=SRCID:F~S|Adamo.Francesca=
~From the Desk of Adamo Francesca, CEO, Francesca Shipping and Security
Signori,
I believe first our mission statement, as you have requested background.
Francesca Shipping and Security is a independent corporation comprised of former freelancers and mercenaries. We have no political agenda, no plans, and we attempt to have as few enemies as possible. Profit is our only goal.
To this end, we engage in two primary forms of commerce, both *completely lawful* trading and the collection of *most certainly lawful* bounties.
While we do not attempt to break the law, we do attempt to retain friendly relations with local unlawfuls, mostly by shipping neccesary goods such as water and oxygen to their stations. We find it cuts down on piracy attempts significantly.
As for the location of Freeport 4, you are indeed correct, in stating that it is on a major trade route, and we have chosen the location primarily beacuse of that.
As for our preference for privacy, there are multiple reasons. Firstly, the nearby area is a hotspot for piracy, and the Bretonian and Libertarian bounties on such are quite lucrative. Secondly, what we do, while *technically* legal, is not neccesarilly approved by all parties present. The xenos, for one, are quite opposed to what we do, and, Freeport 4 being where it is, we could see people coming from a long way off.
As for our plans for Freeport 4, we hope to use it as a corporate office, secure records storage, a home port for our mercenaries, and a stopover point for F~S traders running in between Bretonia and Liberty.
Thank you for your time,
Adamo Francesca
*****Comm Activated*****

RE: Freeport 4 office space

Well. With what background you provide me now I am not entirely certain your request would be granted, nor if I'd want it to be. You openly admit you'd be shipping to pirates... You would basically end up supplying the people that on a regular basis, rob us, wreck our ships and even attack our station. I'm half of mind to refer you to Barrier Gate in Coronado, but I'll wait for the guildmasters to have their say on this. Xenos for one, as far as I understand, have mostly left us be, as we don't have a significant enough presence in Liberty. I for one would like to keep it that way.

As it stands I think your chances are slim, at best. But it's not my call, if the guildmasters see a benefit, we'll find you some space somewhere.

*****Comm Deactivated*****
*** Incoming Transmission ***
*** Source:
Zenth Kynolm, Acting IMG Director ***
[Image: zenth1.jpg]

Your transmission has been received and will be responded to shortly.
Please accept my apologies in the delay.

*** End Transmission ***
*** Source:

We have considered your request and have agreed to allow you an office from which you may base your operations on Freeport 4, on the following conditions:
  • You will not engage in any unlawful activities while using Freeport 4 as a base of operations.
  • You will not bring any unlawful goods onto Freeport 4 while using it as a base of operations.
  • You will not participate in any activities that condone unlawful activity while using Freeport 4 as a base of operations.
  • You will agree to pay the Independent Miners Guild a sum of 50,000,000 credits for the first year of usage, and an additional 50,000,000 for any year after that.
If you are found breaking these stipulations, your access to Freeport 4 will be suspended indefinitely, and your money will not be refunded.

Are these terms agreeable to your group?

*** End Transmission ***
=INCOMING TRANSMISSION=
=SRC:FREEPORT 4 DOCKING BAY=
SRCID:F~S|Adamo.Francesca164482516=
Indeed, good sir.
These terms are most agreeable.
I shall send word to our agents in the field to cease all diplomatic relations with undesirable parties immediately, and shall instruct Legal to prepare the documents.
To which bank account shall i wire the credits?

=END TRANSMISSION=
*** Source:

Credits can be sent to: IMG|Guildfunds

See you soon, Mr. Francesca.

*** End Transmission ***
*** Source:

Meh....still haven't received your payment, Francesca
If you could, show me proof of payment within the next 72 hours, or I'll have to contact the Freeport's Head of Security to see whats going on down there, if anything.

Thanks, in advance.
Kynolm out.

*** End Transmission ***
Pages: 1 2