Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG|Core role-play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
' Wrote:Plausible deniability. Go ahead and prove that the Core and the Corsairs have a non-agression pact. If you can, without referring to ANY information on the forums, then you can have a cookie. Anything else is just hearsay, and since the hunters are still shooting the corsairs in every single little piece of space that the houses control, easily deniable hearsay at that.
Dont accuse sadtranslation for metagaming... He is after all a zoner.. Oh wait... Never mind.

A & L Guy
thats somehow a mildly insluting thing to say when its true - and when its not true anyway. - not particularly towards sadtranslation - but towards all zoners ( and i stress the "all" zoners as all of them were included )
' Wrote:Plausible deniability. Go ahead and prove that the Core and the Corsairs have a non-agression pact. If you can, without referring to ANY information on the forums, then you can have a cookie. Anything else is just hearsay, and since the hunters are still shooting the corsairs in every single little piece of space that the houses control, easily deniable hearsay at that.

Funny to say that, so Core going in Gamma to shoot Order doesn't count? Core Shooting Order together with Corsairs doesn't count (outside Gamma)? An Corsair coming to Minor saying he is sick of Corsairs taking a nap with Core doesn't count? And if Order seen/heard it, then you can bet Zoners know it aswell.
There has been more then one situation where the nap could have been seen, so I don't see that argument as valid. Of course that goes for Omicrons, not house parts, where they still shoot each other. So Bretonians probably wouldn't know about it.
' Wrote:thats somehow a mildly insluting thing to say when its true - and when its not true anyway. - not particularly towards sadtranslation - but towards all zoners ( and i stress the "all" zoners as all of them were included )
Well, the ZAC metagamed, and as they speak for "all" zoners
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=77719&st=0

A & L Guy

Who are the Order going to tell about the BHG Core's pact with the Corsairs anyway?

The Core's mother?

It matters not.
Quote:Well, the ZAC metagamed, and as they speak for "all" zoners
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...77719&st=0

A & L Guy
' Wrote:----- Incoming transmission -----
----- Origin : BHG|Core vessel Millers Stout, somewhere near Bastogne, Gallia ------
----- Encryption level : Ultra-sigma 9. For Core Commanding officers eyes only -----
----- Recipient : Max DeVirgo, BHG|Core Guildmaster ------
----- Subject : Latest transmission by the Zoner Alliance -----

Dear Max,

I've just received the latest comms in our daily intel dispatch, which included a transcript of the Zoner Alliance Committee message. My crew and I are in agreement that the only reply that can be given in response is this :

Feel free to quote me in any GCHQ response to their sobstory.

Regards,

A.C. McAuliffe-Miller, temporary in command, BHG|Core vessel Millers Stout

----- End Transmission -----
A&L, that's the most important information ever metagamed and used by Zoners as a poor excuse for their weird actions. I bare my head.

Quote:Funny to say that, so Core going in Gamma to shoot Order doesn't count? Core Shooting Order together with Corsairs doesn't count (outside Gamma)? An Corsair coming to Minor saying he is sick of Corsairs taking a nap with Core doesn't count? And if Order seen/heard it, then you can bet Zoners know it aswell.
Bull's eye here.
' Wrote:Who are the Order going to tell about the BHG Core's pact with the Corsairs anyway?

The Core's mother?

It matters not.
Indeed, but to say that nap does not exist, cause it can't be proved is a bit to much.

Ahh, well I am out of here.
Shooting a common enemy /= alliance. That has been said many times.

And yes, if you can't prove something in game, it does NOT exist in your character's head. Especially since you have one incident to base this on. Just because you read it on the forums is not a valid reason to assume so, and if your character is acting with metagamed knowledge you, my good sir, are playing the wrong mod.

As far as one Corsair coming into Minor and saying that, again, that doesn't prove anything. There is a reason hearsay is not admissible even in the lowest of courts, never mind as intelligence.
' Wrote:we like to inform you that the temporary ban from Freeport 11 and Omicron 74 for BHG| vessels is hereby lifted. BHG| vessels are welcome again in the Non Fire Zone arround Freeport 11. We are considering the temporary disturbance of our relationsship to be nothing more than a weak expression of eventualities.

In other words, they expect the BHG| to be shooting Zoners before this is all said and done.

Which would be permitted by the BHG Guard ID without any problems, or without actually (technically) having to have a bounty issued on Zoners. (Oh, we'd post one, just to keep it all nice and legal under the bounty board, but it would still be permitted.)

Quote:Can attack Order, Nomad or Wilde and anyone actively assisting them.

This is where the difference between a non-agression pact and an active alliance comes into play. When the Zoners were allied with the Corsairs, and through them on relatively neutral terms with the Order, we weren't happy with the Zoners, but we could go live and let live.

I consider an alliance to be actively assisting. You're running supplies to them, they're running supplies to you, you're plotting and planning your moves together, and you're actively working together against ALL foes. That bit of RP is going to bite you in the butt. (And if the ZTC does decide that they're not going to remain official (again), we still want our claim to Omicron-74 to be first in line.)

There has been discussion that the BHG| and BHG|Core should have seperate ID's. Well, technically most of us do - there are very few members of the |Core that have regular BHG ID. Most of them have BHG Guard ID.

I submit, however, that Zoners need to have seperate ID's.

Why? Simple. We still get along nicely with the [TAZ], and have no issues with them. But that's also because the [TAZ] operate over in Baffin, Omega-49, and don't get out our way too often. AND they're not agressive and warlike, which is another discussion about Zoners... Almost like they're a seperate faction from the OTHER Zoners, isn't it? Heck, we're even willing to help the [TAZ] in the event (or rather, when) the GRN comes knocking on the door of their Freeports in the Taus.

You get a seperate ID for the Zoner factions, and I'll be glad to have the BHG|Core become red to the ones that operate out in Delta. We'll also start shooting the crap out of you out here, and do our best to drive you out. Then see how well your alliance with the Order goes - and enjoy even MORE the role-play consequences of your actions. As has been stated by others - this is something that has been building for a LONG time.
Quote:In other words, they expect the BHG| to be shooting Zoners before this is all said and done.
Don't you think that it's quuite speculative. You expect Zoners not to be a little bit paranodid with the Guild Core after the Guild Core assaulted Freeport in Omicron Delta because of some reasons or what? Please, paraphrase it a bit. But, still:
' Wrote:
Confine
Erase the Order's presence. Besiege their world. Destroy anything produced by The Order, even if used by those who are not of the Order. Starve them. Burn the Nomad. Torch their cities. Smoke them out. Cleanse. Purge. Kill.

Contain
Collect specimens of Nomad lifeforms and technology for research purposes. Interdict and seize Nomad lifeforms and technology found in any ship not affiliated with Zoners; Bounty Hunters Guild; LSF or Liberty Navy. Seize or destroy Order vessels and weapons. Map and compile data on the Omicron systems - bases, defense capabilites. Learn. Know. See.

Control
Establish further possible locations for Core bases. Defend Dabadoru Station and supplies to it at all costs. [color=#FFCC99]Respect at all the times the neutrality of Zoner vessels and stations and observe No Fire Zone regulations without exception. Zoner bases are not to be used as staging bases for combat operations - do not start any operation there; do not finish any operation there. Do not use the gate to Alaska from New York without clearance from the LSF or Liberty Navy or both. Conquer. Build. Rule.

Monitor any failure to observe these directions. Core justice will be swift for those who squander Guild Core resources or waste Guild lives.
This is what the relations with Zoners were based upon before and just remember what they resulted in. And, well, why are we talking about Zoners again? Really, this is the thread to discuss your roleplay, not Zoner roleplay or someone's else roleplay. And this is the thread you created to answer the criticism, so, come one.
Quote:When the Zoners were allied with the Corsairs, and through them on relatively neutral terms with the Order, we weren't happy with the Zoners, but we could go live and let live.
Here I would like to summon someone who can tell me more. Anyway, for the time I was the member of ZTC or ZDF supplies to Corsairs were one of the important parts of ZTC roleplay and roleplay of some indies from Freeports in Delta or Theta, but it was a lore-based roleplay, the one that allows Zoners feel relatively safe and perform their role in delivery of urgent goods to faraway places - in other words, basically Zoner business.
Quote:enjoy even MORE the role-play consequences of your actions.
Hell, Agmen, now even you are talking about some roleplay consequences. Everybody knows that every roleplay has its consequences. But when someone is telling me to enjoy roleplay consequences, I'm getting ready to meet people who hardly care about their own roleplay, so, let's avoid it, alright?

Hey, this is the discussion of Core roleplay. Deal with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24