Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cold fingers, colder coffee.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Beep Beep Beep*, the ship was talking to him. It beeped again.
"Shut up, for pities sake, can't a man get a secon-" The Pilot was cut off, the proximity alarm was going off, he had fallen asleep at the helm of his Lynx again. "Oh holy fething halls of Lucifer!" He screamed out, yanking hard against the joystick and rolling his feet against the pedals, angling his thrusters away from the oncoming object. "Feth-Feth-Feth-Feth-Feth!" He kept repeating, his Lynx darting away from the large asteroid.

"Monsieur Deblois!" Barked a voice in his ear, "May I remind you we do not cuss on open channels."
He muttered a brief comment, thumbing the mute button, before he replied, "Yes Madame Commandant, it will not happen again." Dominic thumbed his thrusters back, lowering his velocity to a quiet drift.
'Admittedly, I wont get far if I keep falling asleep in this old girl.' He mused, a thought slipping into his mind, "This is Deblois, I just saw a scared looking light fighter floating at a slow speed, I'll see if they need any help." He thumbed his afterburner and exploded off into the nothingness, towards the nearby asteroid field. A quick jolt of the stick later, and his left wing's upper Musketoon was torn off. He jumped back to the civilized part of space quickly, stifling a giggle he opened his communications.
"The poor guy turned out to be not so poor, and it was a pirate trap, I got them, but they hit me hard. I'll put her into a civilian port and get this repaired." He lied, his plan being put into action.

A week later, he was floating about in his Lynx, drifting less then a foot away from a battleship, quietly considering how close he could get before his ship would make contact with the much larger, and admittedly fiercer craft. He reached to the right of him, and squeezed a little pouch which pushed a little brown liquid from the pouch and into his helmet.

"The liar! This Coffee is fething Cold!" He yelled, temporarily losing control of his anger...

"Monsieur Deblois!", The Voice in his ear was back.