Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cerberus| Faction Biography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-(] Jack Aubrey & Cerberus [)-

[Image: 264px-Cerblogo2.png]

Intro Wrote:Jack Aubrey & Cerberus

Cerberus is the codename of a well organized and trained paramilitary organization.Their current leader is a former Bretonian Armed Forces Major,a person that you may know as Jack Aubrey,their current leader.This organization was possibly founded after the Cambridge MOX strike on the hands of some elements of the terrorist group commonly known as The Phantoms.Jack Aubrey was stationed on Battleship Norfolk when the emergency call came in,Cambridge was bombarded.Many lives were lost,the neigbourhood where Jack grew up was directly hit by the MOX warhead,his familly was dead,but not only his familly died during that infamous day,millions of countless innocents died in that assault.Jack was destroyed,he didn't knew what to do and where to go,he feel that the Bretonian Armed Forces couldn't do nothing against them,they were to harmstrung and scared.Jack deserted his post and headed towards Planet Sprague,he had some informations from the Intel Service that an old underground base existed on the planet,but was abbandoned during the Nomad War,possibly during 800 A.S.Jack packaged all that he had left and headed towards Omega 3.

He didn't had a great ammount of supplies with him,but at least money wasn't a problem for him.He left the Bretonian Armed Forces,for ever.With a simple goal.Destroy all the Phantoms and the alien entities in Sirius.

Jack arrived in Omega-3 after engaging the Jump Gate from the Cambridge-side of the Warp Tunnel.When he finished the jumping sequence he immediatly feel the low temperature of the surrounding nebula,an icy and inhospitable enviroment,he quickly engaged the Trade Lane to head towards the zoner station known as Freeport 1,but the sequence was disrupted by some unindentified ships,pirates.The pirates were busy with a Deep Space Engineering transport,a vessel named Andromeda,they didn't even noticed that another ship was watching them,Jack quickly identified them,two civilian bomber vessels in the hands of some of the worst Molly pilots that he ever saw.

They quickly demanded 3 millions from the trader when they realized that a BAF officer was watching them.Without any kind of advise,one of them engaged Jack while the other was standing to keep the trader from running away.The fight was long but rather easy,in the end the pirate ship went down.Jack saw that the pilot was dead,his guns smashed the protective window of the bomber,instantly killing the pilot inside,a big chunk of glass could be seen to protrude out from the pilot's chest.

Jack made a quick local threat for the other pirate,the pirate didn't losed anymore time and the left the area.Jack remained in silence for a few minutes..

The captain of the Andromeda broke the silence with a private message,he thanked god that Jack came in.He invited Jack for a drink on Freeport 1.

*Later on Freeport 1*

The barman of the station,an old man with a good knowledge of the surrounding space area told Jack that Planet Sprague is at about 32 K from Freeport 1,and he knew some rumors that there is an old damaged base there..the former research complex of a well known Bretonian researcher,doctor Kendra Sinclair,she was working on the dig site on Planet Sprague during the late 800 A.S.Jack managed to "acquire" some maps of the underground compound.He even received the information about a northern supply base.

Jack kindly rewarded the gentle old man with some cash and he head back towards the table of the bar where the DSE captain was.

Jack sat down and started to talk with him,they had many common knowledges and many common ideals.The mood of the captain was very friendly,and Jack asked his name.The name of the DSE researcher was David Synk,shortly Dave.

He told Jack that he was an ex-DSE researcher,he worked as a researcher on new propulsion sistems for Ageira,but DSE had a finacial drop and the whole organization went bankrupt.He abbandoned Liberty with a stolen Heron and he head towards Bretonia,to find shelter and maybe a new job,but his expectations weren't the ones that he hoped for.He was broke financially and physically.He said that he was directed for Freistadt,an IMG station in Omega-7 with a load of mining machinery,but the pirates managed to make a gap in his hull,and he lost almost all the equipment that he managed to get with the last funds that he had.

After more than various hours of endless conversations,Jack knew that he could trust David.He told him about the attack on Cambridge,even if David already knew that,he told him about the old base on Planet Sprague,and he told him about his mission and goal.He was about to leave for the Edge Systems,towards a place called Omicron Minor,a place where the remnants of a faction known as the Order presided the system.

With the utter surprise of Jack,David asked him if he wanted a companion for his voyage towards the Edge Systems.Jack told him the risks and the possible fate that they may encounter on the way there.

Personal Log Wrote:
One hour later...
(Aboard the DSEV- Andromeda) 19:32 18 May 817 AS, Omega-3

LOG NUMBER 1

David asked me to dock my Templar on the Andromeda and to take a shower and rest,he will think about the other things,the route is set,we are heading towards Sprague.We picked a very bad moment to decide to visit Sprague,the winter is raging on the planet,with winds up to 190 kilometers per hour,before we left the station I took the time to visit the equipment vendor,and I bought several flax jackets to protect us from the unforgivable frost.

I'm going to make a shower,and I will try to sleep a bit today,I didn't sleep from almost three days.The room that Dave gave me is very nice one,with a window on the starboard of the ship.The furniture is pretty nice too...these DSE guys have some nice tastes..

Jack Aubrey OUT
ENDING LOG

Jack was in a deep sleep,dreaming about what happened on Cambridge,when he heard a deck alarm on the Andromeda,it was still night time,he opened an interface in his room and he contacted the bridge for more informations.

David told him that they are in orbit of Planet Sprague.And that a dropship was ready for Jack,David put him under pressure so that he would allow him to came aswell.Jack didn't found any reason to deny him that..

They took another crew member with the Andromeda with them,a good electrician that could be useful if some auxilliary sistems could be able to work on the station again,they rapidly dressed themselves with the protective clothes that Jack bought back on Freeport 1 and they head towards the docking bay.

They entered the dropship,Jack took the commands of the small ship with Dave and Ogle sitting back on the other seats.The operator back on the bridge opened the docking bay door,they slowly entered into space,with only a few after-burner corrections Jack positioned the ship for the entry into the planet's atmosphere.

They touched ground 13 minutes later,right in the middle of a snow storm.They didn't dared to get out from the ship before they knew where the base was.David asked the XO back on the Andromeda to make some surface scans,but that was impossible because of a storm.

Jack managed to see in the darkness an old sign,he activated the lights of the dropship and he could clearly read the words of "Compund YL-1".Without any further hesitations,he opened the sliding door of the dropship and he head towards the sign,with David and Ogle watching him entering the darkness of that environment.

Jack returned to the dropship after a rapid scouting of the area,he didn't wanted to return so fast after a small recon,but he knew that he couldn't stand more under that temperature.He picked a flashlight from his jacket and he pointed it towards a dark zone,he found an old,partially covered by snow,door.He ran towards the door to heat up a bit his muscles,when he arrived near the door he could clearly see the mark of "YL-1 Entrance Point A".He rushed back to the dropship to tell Dave and Ogle to aknowledge them about the surrounding area.

Ogle didn't wanted to leave the ship and run towards the compound's door.But after some minor tips from Dave,he managed to win all his hesitations and he was the first to leave the ship again.

The made a quick run towards the compound's door.They managed to force the door open with muscle power,they entered the compund with the door closing at their back.The inside enviroment was dark and in silence,a very creepy enviroment as Ogle stated.

Jack and Dave immediatly illuminated the area with some flash sticks before proceeding further on inside the compund.They found an old map of the station,partially destroyed by age.Dave saw that the Power Generator room was outside the compound,at 7K from their actual position.They had to resort to their flashlights only.

The compund was a medium sized underground structure,extending for two levels under the ground.After watching closely the map,Dave found that the Database room was located on level -1.He told Jack that he was going there and without waiting for any kind of reply he left.

Ogle and Jack consulted further on the map,and bingo.The armory and the equipment storage was located on level -2.They saw that an old service elevator was available,but without any kind of energy it was useless.

They started to descend the stairs towards the secondary level when a problem ocurred,a strange sound.Jack immediatly un-holstered his handgun,they didn't heard any other sound,but Ogle freaked out and he ran,since he didn't knew where he went he went further on in the dark.

After some minutes of walking in the utter darkness of that spooky place,he managed to arrive near the door of the armory,but a problem jumped on.Jack didn't had the access card.
And the door wasn't powered.He sat on an old chair near the door and he started to think.

Meanwhile Ogle was running through an unknown hallway..when he tripped on some stairs and fall ,the flashlight hit the ground and broke.Ogle was now in complete darkness,without any knowledge of where he is,and where the others are.

Meanwhile Jack struggled to find a way to open the door,when he knew that all was useless.The door wouldn't move even for a few centimeters.

On the level above them,Dave was exploring the area with the goal of finding the database room.After cleaning the dust from an old control panel he saw a control button labelled "Auxilliary Power Core".Without really thinking that the switch could work he activated it.

Minutes passed and nothing happened.But then the red emergency light was up.Followed by an alarm and the other lights going online.Since the main power generator was offline only red lights were available,but well...better something than nothing.

Dave proceeded further-on with a small smile on his face.

Ogle rapidly calmed up when the emergency lights went up.He knew that somebody activated the auxilliary power generator.For the first time after an eternity he managed to see the area that surrounded him.He was in the dig site.

He quickly followed the red lights to get back to his last known position with Jack,when a shadow crossed him.Ogle immediatly started to run...
Meanwhile...

As Dave proceeded to the Database room of the complex, he passed through a long hallway which showed signs of rapid evacuation. The surrounding walls were roughly "damaged" by the power of the time. He learned about the secret discoveries that were made here on Sprague, still even on the University some things are not told so easy.

Dave arrived in front of a solid door which opened because of the auxiliary power generator and entered a huge room with dozens of master computers and storage devices which were all linked to one console. With luck Dave managed to find some great informations about the excavations on the nearby levels. The data was regarding some connections between the Daam K'Vosh and the K'Hara species. Some biological probes and some artifacts information. He saved the data one his portable InfraNet Pad and was heading to the exit of the room...

Compound YL-1 Level -1 *Database Room*

Log entry 1

I didn't thought that i will be able the get here on my entire life ! At last see the secrets within Sprague, still signs are showing that after the evacuations, a few remained and continued the research, since these informations are 1 year old, and the first is about 20 years old ! My father passed here a long time ago alongside the great professor Roland Quantaine and Kendra Sinclair, he never told me about his operations since he needed to keep off his family of this. And know i understand why. This was an odd day for me... i met an ex-BAF officer, which helped me with some Molly scums... still he seems to be experienced and has many science knowledge, he may be an officer but it's something special with him... ill see how things will go. I trust him, as far as i can say now.

Log Ended

On his way off the room, he heard some weird metal noises from the upper level, and some coming deep on the same level with him. He was wondered and was a bit frightened, shortly after he contacted Jack via the comm he had and asked if he did something down or if he heard something similar. Jack replied with a small retain, 'Yes'. Both were now very stressed and even the worse thing is that Ogle got far and lost from his initial position. Jack told Dave to keep an eye on each "anomaly" he could see and try to hold still until he comes.

Things got a bit "interesting" ...