Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Sirius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
=Incoming Commercial Transmission=

Hey there everybody! I'm Dr. Phil... wait, no I'm not. Let me try that again.
Hey there everybody! I'm Peter Kristall! You might remember me from such classics as 'Big Bully: All Mako, No Brains' and 'Aperture Science 2: The Cake is a Lie!'.
Right now, for my own personal viewing pleasure, I'm putting together a map of Sirius! That's right, a COMPLETE map of Sirius, in every detail.
Unfortunately, some mean grouchy people won't let me into their systems! That's no good! Fortunately, I'm good at getting into and out of places like these. But, I would like to make my job at least halfway easier. SO!
Here's what I propose: If you let me into YOUR Guard system today, your maps won't go to anyone but me, AND I'll go scout out one system of the enemy of your choice for you! Aren't I nice!
Uh... now what am I forgetting... Oh, that's right!
=Replies heavily encrypted=
So, transmit those permissions to me today! After all... I'm a Nice Guy ™
[Image: AustinComkopiera2.png]
<div align="right]Location: Cambridge System
Planet Cambridge

"Good for you lad. It's a large fine, and possibly a jail sentence if you even touch restricted space in Bretonia."

[Transmission Terminated]
=[[color=#33CC00]INCOMING TRANSMISSION]=

SOURCE: [color=#FFCC00]Battleship Strausberg,[color=#33CC00] New Berlin.
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]ENCRYPTION: [color=#FFCC00][color=#66FF99]Low, port RM-CH-XX-0102-A.

[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Receiving...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Decrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Opening...

[font=Verdana][color=#33CC00]SUBMITTER: [color=#FFCC00]Strausberg control, Rheinland Military.

[color=#33CC00]RECIPIENT: [color=#FFCC00]Anyone reading this.
[color=#33CC00]SUBJECT: [color=#FFCC00]Re: -

[color=#FFCC00]
Just a reminder:

Any unauthorized entry to the Rheinwehr's restricted areas, such as Braunschweig, the Westerwald nebula or the Osnabruck region will be dealt with by force. Any attempted mapping or information gathering conducted in these areas will be responded to by a field execution.

Any Rheinwehr soldiers assisting this "mapping" operation conducted in restricted military areas will be discharged and court-martialled.

Encrypting...
[color=#33CC00][font=Impact]Closing...

[color=#009900][font=Tahoma]=[[color=#33CC00]TRANSMISSION TERMINATED]=
TRANSMISSION ESTABLISHED
ATTENTION: VISUAL LINK UNAVAILABLE
AUDIO ONLY

[Image: hangmancom.jpg]

"You're not the first one trying that... and you will not be the last one who gets expensive AND deadly
consequences. Most of my clients don't like snoopers in their turfs...
"

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Incoming transmission...
... Unpackaging...
... Decoding...
... Decrypting...
... Disinfecting...
... Complete.
Opening transmission...

Transmission open.

Communicator Identification:
The secretary of Hellfire Legion Executive Commander Adam Daniels
Target Identification: Peter Kristall

Beginning
transmission...

The Hellfire Legion would like to remind you that Vespucci is an extremely dangerous off-limits system, and typically only properly equipped Hellfire Legionnaires who know the risks are permitted access.

However, unusually enough, the Command has indicated that he may we willing to speak with the Lord Commander on your behalf about this under the sole condition if, and only if, you are willing to accept the conditions you mentioned, plus a few addendums:

There are several types of potentially harmful particles within Vespucci, and you must be willing to accept the fact that a visit may lead to your premature demise and/or serious long-term health problems. The Hellfire Legion is not to be held responsible for any health issues caused by visiting our system. Some restrictions apply. Do not visit Vespucci if you are, or may become, pregnant. Serious side effect may occur, including, but not limited to, nausea, vomiting, the urge to fight in the shade, a sense of being chased, irrational fear of swords, spontaneous spleen expulsion, psychosis, muscle expansion, insomnia, blindness, the urge to yell about ancient Greek cities, inability to urinate, rapid beard growth, and death. Consult your doctor if you have the urge to blind yourself, as this may be a sign of a rare but serious side effect. Do not submerge yourself in water while in Vespucci, even partially. Most importantly, under no circumstances should yo-...

Ah, but I'm going on a bit now, aren't I? If you are still interested, please do let us know so we can consider your application.

One additional note of import: there is a large, highly irradiated nebula in the system that occludes all navigational and mapping devices known to man. This area would not be part of your supervised mapping expedition, as that would be entirely pointless.

Transmission ended.

Closing transmission...
... Closed.
Re-encrypting...
... Repacking...
... Saving...
... Transmission stored in archives.
Firstly, I'd like to find out something about person who's broadcasting this message. Ship, affiliation? Perhaps connections? Why're you workingg alike, and in such open fashion? And why're you so self-assured about your ability to lurk around restricted areas?

That's rather logical to assume through your offer that you'll use information gained on visited secret systems to sell them to opposite sides, though. You'll be watched upon.
- Centurion Emilio Ferucci, the Brotherhood.
=Note= Seperate encryption keys to all respondants! Don't bother if it isn't for you!

To: Bretonian, Rheinland Governments

Yeah, didn't think you guys would respond well. Was worth a shot, though.

To: AceJoker

Lotsa luck.

To: Hellfire Legion

Ahh, my first customers! I'll make a trip out to Magellan for a face to face meeting. After all, no matter how well these things are encrypted, there seems to be always SOMEone who knows what's read...

To: The Brotherhood

I'll be operating under a number of assumed names during this operation. Better for security, you see. But, I'm sure you've heard of me! Peter Kristall, the Zoner! No?
By the way, I do want to apologize to your fellows in Benitez. I got my little exploration program off to a rocky start with them - that's part of the reason for this open transmission!
And please, let me assure you - once hired, I STAY hired. Any information I gather as payment will STAY with me.
Transmitting message..........

Target :- Peter Kristal
Sender :- Jose Benitez

Senor Kristal,

I must admit that such generous offers as these consistently demonstrate to me that the Theory of Evolution is not all it's cracked up to be and that good old fashioned stupidity still exists (despite evolution best efforts to stamp it out).

I would like to extend my thanks to you for negating the requirement for us to actually try and uncover you as a spy by simply coming out and admitting it to everyone within range of your communication.

Since we Benitez have a somewhat dim view of spies (especially those as dim as yourself), we have decided that should we discover you anywhere at all we will simply shoot at you. We will continue to do so until one of 2 things happen.

Firstly, you could give us all of the information relating to every guard system that you have ever mapped in exchange for our no longer shooting at you, or, secondly your ship explodes.

In addition to this I would like to urge all Zoners, both independant and otherwise, to adopt a similar policy toward you, on the grounds that your behaviour is hardly likely to assist them in their quest for the freedom to travel Sirius and earn money. I believe it would be unfortunate indeed if all Zoners were to be suspected of being spies as the ramifications of such a thing would likely be significant.

I wish you the very best of luck in your chosen career of "suicidal spy", and look forward to either receiving all of the information you gather or in seeing the guncam shots of your ship disintegrating around you.

Jose Benitez

Message Ends.........
To: Jose Benitez

Awww. I really wish you hadn't taken quite THAT stance. See, I'm willing to work out a deal, but 'Give me all your info or Dai' isn't going to be part of it.
Maybe TBH didn't transmit my apologies fast enough, but I -AM- sorry about that little misunderstanding in 94. And, hey, you can still cut a deal with me! All I saw was one little asteroid base. I'd still like to map the rest of the system! Doesn't have to be in exchange for maps. You guys -used- to let me bring supplies to Thira, even, back in the good old days before my nav map got corrupted. Man, they made the best orange margaritas... but I digress.
Do let me know if you manage to pry that long thin plant-created object out of your posterior orifice.
ENCRYPTING TRANSMISSION
COMM ID: Commander Ethan Scott, SCRA

Any unauthorized attempt to breach Coalition space will result in your swift destruction. Should you survive you will be interrogated by Vicenta Gonzales. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is worse.

And no, you do not have authorization.

Neither did the last ship that tried.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Pages: 1 2