Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Question about zoners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Might be wrong section of forum if so I apologize.

Okay so I just got my ships all merging toward border lands, mostly zoner. Without realizing or paying mind to the fact that they are like severely hated at the given moment.

So I need to now sadly ask what do I do to avoid any combat and also what did certain zoners do to make all of us get punished?

//Going to bed right now so if this post gets out of hand I give permission to lock it. Please keep this civil yall

I just want quick and to the point answers
Well, what did they do...

Good question.

They asked people not to shoot each other when they are near zoner bases, basically.

Then the people who wanted to shoot people near zoner bases got pissed off that the zoners shot them for it.

Then someone put a bounty on zoners to take revenge.

Then people started forming mobs and killing every zoners and started shouting kill zoners kill zoners kill zoners all over the forum.

Then people started thinking killing zoners was cool and wanted to be part of the cool kids.

Then someone else put a bounty on zoners.

Then the second someone who put the bounty made up a RP reason towhy he would put up a bounty and shoot all the zoners.

Then that someone's faction also declared on the zoners, because everybody was doing it and they wanted to be cool too.

Then Bretonians started shooting zoners too, because one zoner had something in his hold, I think it was cardamine or nukes or something.

Then the bounty hunters declared a cease fire with the Corsairs and started shooting zoners instead, in the company of their former enemies teh corsairs, although before they were using zoner bases to shoot corsairs better.

I think that covers it.

Now for the question why...

Its croud psychology. Watch the movie "the wave". Its a bit simiilar.
About corsairs,dont worry,until you are not showing hostilities to corsairs,they will not kill you,maybe force you out of gamma.
Albert pretty much covered everything there. The only groups you currently need to be wary of is the Bounty Hunter Core, and the Corsairs / Black Sails. The Corsair Elders started negotiations and the fighting there has pretty much ceased, but the Sails recently raided Freeport 11 en masse, so there's discrepancies between what to expect from different groups.

Basically, show caution around Sails and indy Corsairs, because they're the ones most likely to fly off the handle and open fire. Mostly the problems are now derived from the fact that small militias of indy Zoners are raiding Gamma every now and then as retaliation for Corsair attacks, which just escalates matters.

The Core are only interested in Zoners in the Omicrons - basically, they've declared war specifically on Freeport 11 and Omicron 74, but other Zoners may be caught in the crossfire. I personally have flown right up to Core ships in an attempt to bargain for Zoner pilots that were in their holds, and they didn't shoot me - this was in Omicron 74. I think they're showing self-restraint, and will only attack Omicroners and Zoners who attack them / are piloting warships.

Best way to avoid getting shot is to tell each side what it wants to hear at any given moment. Show Corsairs respect, avoid the Core. I base out of Freeport 10 in Tau 37, so I've almost completely bypassed most of the trouble, even if almost all of my trade routes do pass through Theta and Eta.

I'd recommend signing on with a Zoner group for protection in numbers. People have started to form groups around stations - there's the Freeport 9 Cafeteria, the Freeport 1 Communication thread (not sure if that is public), Freeport 5 is being represented by Maggot, my own efforts with Freeport 10 and Freeport 11 has it's own group run by Adjudicator, I believe.
Well, I'll give you the story as it happened from the Corsair, and then the BHG|Core perspective.

First, the Corsairs; Dodges bounty really had nothing to do with it, he posted it as an OC, and it was locked within a day of being posted by Doc IIRC. And the Battle at FP1 before the actual hostilities doesn't really factor in either, as all that did was make the Corsairs less inclined to look for a peaceful resolution to any problems with the Zoners. What caused hostilities was a small group of Corsairs (the [A] guys) decided to shoot some Zoners for a bit of fun, the ZTC, as soon as they heard of this, said they were going to stop all trade to Gamma and told the Corsairs to get the [A] guys to stop shooting at them, as opposed to simply asking us to stop them before the whole "stopping trade" thing (ordering Corsairs around wont get you far at all).

This led to the Sails and many other Corsairs going to FP9 and telling the Zoners sitting there to "Re-start your trade with us or we will blow you to bits", and shot up a couple of Zoners to make sure they listened. The Zoners proceeded to ignore the warning and assembled a 'coalition' that included the Outcasts, the SCRA, the GMG, the Order and the Hessians to try and attack Gamma. Their attacks failed catastrophically on several occasions and this led to the whole "FP9 is a wreck" idea that you'll see in the FP9 Cafeteria thread, they also, in part, led to the disbandment of the Zoner Alliance, the Zoner Defense force, and for a short while, the ZTC.

The Corsairs then presented terms to the Zoners on an "accept or die" basis, and they have made no attempt to accept, and minimal attempts to negotiate, so many Corsairs will still shoot at Zoners, as the Zoners have made little attempt to rectify the situation. Though attacks have become less frequent recently.

As for the BHG|Core, which is at the time of posting this, ongoing, and things may change; The Zoners and the Order have been openly allied for a while, and the Order regularly base ships out of FP11, ships that often eventually come into conflict with BHG|Core ships. The Core however, bases almost exclusively out of Dabadoru, in respect of the fact that the Zoners asked everyone to stop basing combat operations from the FP. However, after it became apparent that the Order (the TCG in particular) were fleeing towards the station in battle, and using it as a base of operations, the Core gave an ultimatum to the Zoners to stop the Order basing from the station. The Zoners refused, and that's pretty much it, as things stand the Core will shoot most Zoners in the Omicrons until the Zoners do what the Core asks.

So yeah, as things stand, be careful around BHG|Core ships, they will be more than happy to shoot you if ordered. And be even more careful around Corsairs, they may shoot you depending on whether or not they feel like it. Also, any Zoner in Gamma is pretty much fair game for a Corsair, so I wouldn't advise going there.

Howard has pretty much summed up the situation as it stands.
seems the real story didn't made it in the mexican jungle...
' Wrote:seems the real story didn't made it in the mexican jungle...

Eh? I was there to watch most of this happen, and present in the Corsair Elder Council and BHG Guildmaster Council to see the whole thing play out.

As I said, this is from the Corsair/BHG|Core perspective, so any details that the Zoners may deem important don't really figure into what I witnessed happen, unless they are a part of what you have read above.
A few corrections to balance off the clear bias:

' Wrote:What caused hostilities was a small group of Corsairs (the [A] guys) decided to shoot some Zoners for a bit of fun,
Specifically, they made multiple raids on their Guard system.

Quote:the ZTC, as soon as they heard of this, said they were going to stop all trade to Gamma.
ZTC and OSI both stopped shipping food. Also the entire Zoner Alliance underwent a discussion of pausing supplies on a global scale.
Trade was paused because (1)Zoner vessels in Gamma were systematically attacked, food or no food, (2)Freeport XV and 9 were bombed by the [A], causing temporary food shortage.

Quote:The Zoners proceeded to ignore the warning and assembled a 'coalition' that included the Outcasts, the SCRA, the GMG, the Order and the Hessians to try and attack Gamma.
ZTC assembled the "coalition" to guard Colony ships leaving Theta and Omicron-74. The "coalition" stayed near Freeport 9 and strictly performed defensive tactics for the first few attacks. Attacks on Gamma occurred later. There were plenty of losses but also some victories.

Quote:Their attacks failed catastrophically on several occasions and this led to the whole "FP9 is a wreck" idea.
FP9 was wrecked by Zoners as a deliberate move to destroy food production so that Corsairs couldn't get their hands on it when Theta and O-74 were evacuated.

Quote:The Corsairs then presented terms to the Zoners on an "accept or die" basis, and they have made no attempt to accept, and minimal attempts to negotiate, so many Corsairs will still shoot at Zoners, as the Zoners have made little attempt to rectify the situation.
There have been a number of negotiations going on and even several resolutions via meeting between Sephardi and OSI CEO.

Quote:the Core gave an ultimatum to the Zoners to stop the Order basing from the station. The Zoners refused, and that's pretty much it, as things stand the Core will shoot most Zoners in the Omicrons until the Zoners do what the Core asks.
The Zoners did not refuse. There was simply no one with authority to approve or disapprove on behalf of FP11 since the Zoner Alliance died. OSI represents FP14. TAZ represents the Tau systems. Omicroners (reformed ZTC) represent O-74. The only other represented Freeport was Freeport 9. Freeport 9 approved a resolution to prevent anybody from using their base as staging grounds. Freeport 11 remained without governed representation.