Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "La Barque Argentee"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Avallon Station would look like the most intimidating fortress in the Gallic Border Worlds. Dozens of GRN patrols are launched from here and dozens of pilots finish their shifts here everyday. After finishing their duties, many Royalists prefer spending their free-time in the "La Barque Argentee" Cafe, where they come to relax, wait for the next shift or brag about how many Council ships were shot down. Even the high ranks showed up there occasionally.
[Image: 2u92xq8.jpg]
The bartender was standing behind the bar, glancing around the place. "Everything is in order".
Aubert stepped into the Cafe. The day had been long since he had to do the paperwork every captaine had assigned. He looked tired -4 hours of paperwork wouldn't do anything good to any human- but he still had energy to greet the bartender and order a coffee. He took a seat and began to read the news in the holo-paper.

"Your coffee, monsieur." Aubert took a sip of it. He looked around the place, but since he couldn't find any familiar face, he continued reading the holo-paper.
A woman with a standard pilot suit entered the Cafe, she didn't have anything special except the sunglasses.

"What will it be, Mademoiselle ?" asked the bartender.
"Same thing as Monsieur Giroux, please." she said, softly.

She sat in front of Aubert, looking at him through her sunglasses, did he even notice her ?

"Here you go, Mademoiselle."
"Merci."

As she paid the bartender, she returned her gaze to Aubert, crossing her arms, without a word.
Aubert took a few sips of his coffee until he noticed the presence of the woman, who was gazing at him.

"I wonder where is this coffee made. Synthetic, I presume, but with such technological advantages I expected something more..." He lowered his tone "... Tasteful." Aubert closed the holopaper and stared at the woman.

"How long have you been gazing at me? Do I know you? I think we're not assigned in the same unit, mademoiselle." He made a forced smile.
"Indeed we're not" she said, with a smile. "I've been here for... a good five minutes."

She take a sip of her coffee.

"Oh wow, you're right. They could do better. How are you doing anyway, Monsieur Giroux ?"
Aubert shrugged. "I'm fine, though I'd rather spending less time doing the damn paperwork. You know, re-assigning Lieutenants, submitting Serval requests for Sous-Lieutenants... Leading an entire unit as a capitaine isn't that easy, I must admit."

He finished his cup of coffee. "But, I still have no clue about you, mademoiselle... May I know...?" He didn't finish the sentence, awaiting for the woman's response.
She took off her sunglasses.

"If we didn't have people like you, Monsieur Giroux, people accepting to spend their time doing the paperwork regulary, I think the Royal Navy would be in a pretty bad shape."

She continued to look at him with her blue eyes, and smiled.

"Found out who I am yet ?"
Aubert stared at her blue eyes. He looked stunned for a few seconds, then he answered. "Now I'm sure I've never seen you before. Sorry, no clue."

He yawned quietly. "Well, you already know my name, I didn't expect to be a well-known guy. Now, who are you, mademoiselle?"
"I thought the posters would have helped, and my voice." she said, laughing.

She looked at Aubert, wondering if she should keep the mystery going or if she should reveal him the truth.

"I'm Alice, it's good to finally meet you for real, Monsieur Giroux."
Alice was amused, and looked at him with a strange smile, it could have been just a smile... or it could have been more than just a simple smile. She then extended her hand to Aubert.
Aubert didn't expect this. "Oh, eh... Your Highness... Eh... I feel really sorry for not recognizing you before." He looked nervous. "If you may forgive my ignorance, I just... Well, I heard little about your Highness and..."

He noticed Alice's extended hand. Aubert shaked her hand quietly, though his hand still trembled. "Again, I feel really sorry, ma princess!"
Pages: 1 2 3