Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Confusing Minig Tutorials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have read the mining tutorials and somethings are not made clear by them.

They state that to get the mining bonus you need;
1) A Mining Ship
2) Mining Turret
3) ID
4) IFF
What is not made clear is whether you need to rigidly stick to these or can mix and match them. For instance using a Hedgemon+Turret+BMM+BMM for Gold in Dublin should give the bonus.
Would it still give you the bonus if you mined for Diamonds in Omega 11?
Would it still work if your ship is a Behemoth, or a Ragnar? They are still a mining ships, just not BMM ships.
What about id your ID is BMM and your IFF is ALG?
These are all valid according to the Tutorial in satisfying the requirements for the bonus, but would they actually work?

And purely from a technical point of view, just why would we need the IFF to match if we had the ID? It shouldn't make any difference. (I know that is to keep the program happy, it is just unrealistic)
Well i guess its matching rp. I doubt that kujira with bmm id, img iff will get a bonus while mining iridium in delta.
Quote:using a Hedgemon+Turret+BMM+BMM for Gold in Dublin should give the bonus.
Would it still give you the bonus if you mined for Diamonds in Omega 11?
If BMM has no mining bonus for diamonds(which as far as I know it doesn't) then no.

Quote:Would it still work if your ship is a Behemoth, or a Ragnar? They are still a mining ships, just not BMM ships.
Behemoths and Ragnars work only for ALG, as do the Salvager, Recycler, Combat Service Freighter, Collector, Combat Service Vehicle for junkers, if you want a BMM miner you will need a mining ship, dacite, basalt, mafic or spatial; otherwise they are just normal trade ships and no bonus.

Quote:What about id your ID is BMM and your IFF is ALG?
No bonus. You must have all four conditions for it to work

For the whole info go here, there it's all explained very well I think
So does that mean that in 4.86, when Gallia wrecks Bretonia space, you will need to change everything to Gallian metals to continue mining there?
What is not made clear is whether you need to rigidly stick to these or can mix and match them. For instance using a Hedgemon+Turret+BMM+BMM for Gold in Dublin should give the bonus. It does

Would it still give you the bonus if you mined for Diamonds in Omega 11? I don't believe so.

Would it still work if your ship is a Behemoth, or a Ragnar? They are still a mining ships, just not BMM ships.No, they wouldn't.

What about id your ID is BMM and your IFF is ALG? Nope

EDIT: NINJA'D BY CRISFG
One final question, does the mining bonus exist in SP?
So I can try out which path I want to go down, as you obviously have to plan your whole course before you start.
quick mining tutorial:

shoot the rocks, avoid the pirates, dont shoot the rocks that dont belong to you
No, the mining bonus thing is a server-side FLHook invention. nothing worthwhile is client-side, so you can shoot rocks all you want in SP, you'll not get more than 1 or 2 if that.

Actually, there's a great mining guide on the Wiki as well. Go there and search for "Mining Guide" to check it out as well.