Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Monopoly over a system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Say a trader had monopoly over all of the Ore exports of a system. What would be a good way for another trader to "remedy" this? A bounty?
You can't establish a monopoly over an entire system with a single trader.

Space is big, it takes a Sirius wide corporation with years of investment/development and competition with rivals to gain a monopoly. Even then, it can still be challenged.

' Wrote:You can't establish a monopoly over an entire system with a single trader.

Space is big, it takes a Sirius wide corporation with years of investment/development and competition with rivals to gain a monopoly. Even then, it can still be challenged.

yea well you know it happened to me the other day. He was buying ore from the miners at a high price and selling it at a price that would have negligible profit margins.

Edit: Mind you the Miners were not interested in selling to any other trader.
If any one trader claims to have a monopoly over a system, kindly laugh in their face. Only corperations can have an actual monopoly, and even then only in small areas.
Wow, I sure lagged there O-o. In that case, just shoot them. Its the solution to everything.
' Wrote:Wow, I sure lagged there O-o. In that case, just shoot them. Its the solution to everything.

Well my turrets dont do much, so I think that I would have to ram him to death. But considering how big my ship is, it would probably just spaz out and get lodged in the essex...
Mine the ore yourself? Nothing against a trader offering a high price for ore from the miners in the system. Either go higher, mine it yourself, or go elsewhere. No point in complaining about it.
Greetings,

what exactly are you asking?
How you can beat a concurrent who offers much money to the miners?

I think Dab pretty much answered that - by biding more.

Other steps depend on your characters RP - if he's a shady one he might put a bounty on the concurrents head, but mind that he could do the same, once a uncautionous merc told him who put the bounty on him...
Also - bounties will cost you money as well, your character might calculate first, which would be more profitable - and which would fit better, before hiring a murderer.

Another thing you could do would be offering contracts.
How they look is pretty much up to you, but most miners like if they have a assured buyer for their goods, exspecially when you manage to do several runs during their "mining time".

Regards,
Talesin
If the miners didnt want to sell to anyone else that guy must have been doing something right.

IMO: Dont bother whining, either outbid or mine yourself
Dab you should slap yourself for making such an oorp suggestion.

: No mere trader own or control a mine field which is already claimed, especially not in Dublin.
Put a bounty on his head but be aware of the roleplay consequences.
and if you start mining in a claimed corporation field you may get taxed or even destroyed by company vessels who patrol their turf.
Pages: 1 2 3