Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Radio Free Theta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good evening peoples of Omicron Theta, I am Miguel Sephardi, former elder of the Corsair nation, and former leader of The Corsair Brotherhood. You may of course remember my voice, as I it was I who broadcast to the peoples of Theta during the occupation of Omicron Theta by the vile forces of the Asgard Warriors, until they were forced from power by the forces of The Corsair Brotherhood.

Today I broadcast to the people of Omicron Theta once again to inform you that the Corsair Nation will now be enforcing our laws in our territory in Omicron Theta, from this day forward, any ship found violating Corsair laws in the Napo and Sabana clouds and the territories south of these clouds will face severe punishment, no matter what the affiliation of the ship. This area of territory belongs to the Corsair Nation and we are the law. Those who do not respect the sovereignty of the Corsair Nation will quickly come to regret it.

I will return to the comm channels and let the people of Omicron Theta know should the situation in this system change.

Miguel Sephardi
Broadcasting from the Gunboat Sicarii
Peoples of Omicron Theta, It is I, Miguel Sephardi, I come to you today with another announcement from the Council Elders. Those in command of Freeport 9 have yet again thrown our attempts at a peaceful solution back in our faces, an insults to the Corsair Empire and it's great people. Today the Council of Elders announces the blockade of Omicron Theta. No longer shall the security of Crete be placed in the hands of those who would seek to give our enemies safe harbor. From this day forth, all of Omicron Theta belongs to the Corsair Empire, and Corsair laws shall be enforced here. Also, a specific blockade of Omicron 74, Freeport 9 and Corfu is being put into effects. We ask that any Zoner who wishes to stay clear of the hostilities avoid the system, as any Zoner ship in Omicron Theta will be summarily destroyed.

I will bring more word as it develops.

Miguel Sephardi

Transmitting from the Gunboat Sicarii

Good day, people of Omicron Theta. My name is Dennis Jameson, and I have taken it upon myself to provide a rebuttal to the statements made by the rather senile old man who sees it fit to pollute your airwaves with false claims of superiority.

Let us explore the vast and colorful history of Omicron Theta for a moment. Not too long ago this place laid bare for any man to claim, a perfect little sanctuary away from the endless oppression of the houses and the judgmental parasites who dwell within. I am sure the Corsairs were pleased to see that the system was still when they first discovered it using the stolen spacecraft they had claimed from the first explorers who first dared to venture this far out, for Eta provides a quiet little buffer between the might of the houses and the Hispanic seeds which were taking root in the Omicrons at the time.

Now, I'm sure the Zoners saw the same potential in the Omicrons when they first moved into them a couple of centuries ago, but little did they know that the Hispanic houses would rise to the power that they hold today...

The problem we are faced with these days is firmly rooted in the simplest of concepts... respect. The Zoners of Tau 37 are no doubt an unwanted element, but one must learn to make use of the resources available. If a tenant can be made to work for the landlord then both groups are empowered. But one must always remember that respect does not go one way, and this is a concept that the Corsair "empire" does not seem to grasp. See, they expect complete and utter supplication from their "allies", and they will eventually swallow them whole, for that is part of their savage nature. See, the Corsairs did not have the benefit of a structured society in their early days, they were forced to resolve their sustenance issues by using some rather extreme techniques which are frowned upon by most who dwell in Sirius... It may sound strange, but I as an Outcast do not blame them for doing what they did, they merely wished to preserve their civilization, but I do however blame them for not abolishing their savage ways when their society evolved to the point where they could have done so with ease, and that leaves us where we are today; An empire stands near the edge of Sirius who firmly believes that they have all the right to claim things which they have not rightfully earned.

I offer the following deduction to the few civilized Corsairs who would listen: Look at the world around you, and realize that while your cities has changed, while your technology has improved and while your standards of living has been dramatically improved from the way things were in the past... you have not improved as a civilization. The Zoners aren't part of the problem, but rather warmongering senile fools who refuse the gift of evolution... men like Sephardi.

This is Dennis Jameson, broadcasting to you from the unmanned satellite "Frumentarii", and I wish you a good day.

Comm ID: Mannock
Target: Miguel Sephardi, Gunboat Sicarii

Peoples of Omicron Theta, It is I, Miguel Sephardi, I come to you today with another announcement from the *noise* Elders. Those in command of Freeport 9 have *noise* again *noise* attempts at a peaceful solution *noise* in our faces, an insults to *noise* great people. Today the Council of Elders announces the blockade of *noise* of Crete *noise* in the hands of those who would seek *noise* safe harbor. From this day forth, all of Omicron Theta *noise* laws shall be enforced here. Also, a specific *noise* of Omicron 74, Freeport 9 and Corfu is being put into effects. We ask that any Zoner who wishes to stay clear *noise* any Zoner ship in Omicron Theta *noise*.

I will bring more *noise* as it develops.

Miguel Sephardi

Transmitting from the Gunboat Sicarii

I'm sorry old man, but we do not want Crete for anything. With a simple apology for your attack is more than enough for us. Still we have some problems with FP9 comms in the radio band used have reception problems.
Almost I can assure you that if your behavior continues like this in less than a week will return to their ships docking rights.

You see that with an apology can prevent a war.

Saludos cordiales y recuerdos a su familia Señor Sephardi
We are at war Mannock, you harbor our enemies on their way to and from attacking us and you want an apology? You insult me when I come to talk of peace, ignore me for weeks on end, the official representative of the Council of Elders, no response from the Zoners of Freeport 9 for weeks on end.... is that how the Zoners work toward peace? The time for peace is over, this is now the time for war. Omicron Theta now belongs to the Corsairs. The Zoners have proved that they cannot and will not secure the system leading to our home world, thus we are taking the actions needed to secure Omicron Theta, whether the Zoners like it or not. We will no long have our security held hostage by those who would leverage their food shipments with exorbitant prices and exorbitant demands in exchange. Omicron Theta is under blockade. Poke your head out of that port of yours, and you shall find out what that means. This channel remains open should the Zoners wish to beg for mercy.

My my, it didnt take long for the Outcasts to come to your beckon call did it? Excellent, more blood for the blood god.

Miguel Sephardi
On-board the Gunboat Sicarii
That detail has been so nice with me: a radio program to myself. Too bad there was no apology.
I think me and the rest of the world understood as a negotiation of peace sit down and talk, do not come and say this is what I want and leave.
Any fool can start a war (and I do not say to you, there were some who did), the problem of war is that nobody knows how it ends. I have no intention of shooting anyone, but if any of yours threatens my crew, I swear by my ancestors that not all the Corsair fleet may protect the poor wretch who attack my people. This is the only language that you use, I hope I made clear the issue.
Leave us alone and finish your wars.
Also you can claim Omega 5 and 41 (the Hessians are there), you defend perfectly your border with the SCRA (no, they attack Gamma), then also Sigma 17 (New Frontier and they are attacking us over there, those guys are really bad).
Live and let live or die and let live, but whatever you decide do not include us in your plans for war.
Incoming Transmission...

CommID: Silvan Argus

Mr. Separdi, Tell me how is it our, the residents of FP9's', fault for your being ignored? The negotiations between you and Mr. Caudill were held behind closed doors, and when we were told nothing, we assumed you two were in continued negotiations. If we are kept ignorant of what is going on, how are we to address these things?

Ahhhh people of Theta, see the many voices with which Port 9 speaks? One hand seems to never know what the other is doing, is a good way to avoid responsibility no? Alas, this time we will be holding the Zoners responsible, as we did the AW so so long ago.

Miguel Sephardi
Plastercasting from the Gunboat Sicarii
Mr. Separdi, you read to much into my words. Nowhere in my words were any talk of war or peace, only a simple question. Which by the way, you neglected to answer. Care to do so?

Say if another Elder, one you thought you could trust, was in negotiations you were not privy too and then suddenly abandoned them, leaving you hearing nothing until the other side declares war for being ignored. How would you have handled it?
"Blood for the blood god"... I suppose one cannot teach an old hound something new after all.

Perhaps the next generation will see that which you fail to see, Sephardi. I assure you that I will be around to tell them to exact same things I tried telling you today.

Good day.
Pages: 1 2 3