Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bomber Missiles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
You know how the Roc has that turret in the back? Useless.

BUT if it were a MISSILE turret.....USEFUL!

What do you think? Cause Bombers already have very blah uses in my book. Anti Cap? Really their weapons don't reflect anything but a very restricted super fighter. Bombers should have super long range mines that have a long life time that does incredible amount of damage. And tracks targets with near none fail rate (Should be for anti caps) Bombers should be able to carpet bomb targets from a far.

yeah...but Missiles...whatca think
Well it would be nice but only if its a turret(as you said turret)...people may spam more missiles if it was in a gun slot unless it uses extremely high energy and the ammo needs lots of credits...but that's just my opinion
I strongly approve of this Idea, assuming it uses a fair amount of energy and doesnt have a fast turn rate ( so that trailing fighters have SOME chance)
Quote:Bombers should have super long range mines that have a long life time that does incredible amount of damage. And tracks targets with near none fail rate.
Balance ?
missiles which would work while fired backwards from bomber flying at 200m/s would have to have at 300 m/s speed...

that would mean they fly at 500 m/s effective speed when fired forward from the bombers that have forward firing turrets (Thor, FA bomber ++).
Missiles with standard speed, above capital ship impulse speed (let's say, 100m/s). You would have to cut your engines, look backwards, and fire. That sounds more reasonable, and makes the bomber vulnerable during those precious two seconds required to go from thrust to zero, enter turret view, fire, and return to thrust.
' Wrote:Balance ?

agree:nono:
All I would like to see is more kind of bomber guns,

Although remaining the low speeds just different refire rates and different projectiles such as special types like Plasma, Laser, photon, etc.
More faction'ed bomber guns, This could also help in balancing some faction bombers better.

Missiles wouldn't hurt either too, but there are down sides.
As long as their prices keeps in range of their damage.
And that you won't have pew'ing bombers with 4 missiles killing everything.

Although the discovery server isn't really fan of missiles because of major player count.
No. Bombers should NOT gain anti-fighter capabilities. The Roc for one is already capable of engaging fighters in the hands of an experienced pilot. If anything, bombers should become -less- effective versus fighter, not -more- effective. Else, what's the point in flying fighters?
Yep. If they get missiles, they will be way to good. They are already capable of fighting fighters, because of the SNAC.

In my opinion they shouldn't have that weapon, they should only use Torpedos (yes, I know about the torp-vs-shield problem, that has to be fixed first).

Bombers are meant to fight bigger ships/targets. That's why they were build.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6