Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Major Gunther Hoerst of the RHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Gefreiter Friedrich Dresner]

Guten Tag Herr Major,
First ov all, excuse me fur disrupting you like zis as ich know it's not ze norm of ze RHA fur lower-ranks to contact ze Higher ranking members directly, but ich believe zis matter is important enough to make it az an exception. You might have already noticed zat mein Last Report in ze Armee ComSys contains an edited log, und zis is vhat ich bin sending you zis transmission fur.
As me und Flieger Raubtier vere buzy vith a Daumann miner in Omega-11, ve came akross a certian individual. To be exact, Sophie Schwab vho is, az ich believe, ze very same pilot you vere looking fur. At first, ich didn't notice her presence, az she vas a friendly on mein scanner harassing tvo ozer miners out ov scanning range. But az she took care ov ze miners und came closer, ich just paid attention to ze name und recognized it right avay.
After ordering ze miner to leave, ve tried to ezkort her back to Freital - which she refused - und ve ended up having a short conversation vith her und she raised a few points zat ich decided to share vith you. Erstens, She didn't refuse returning to a Hessen base vith us, und ze main reason ov her refusal vas Not knoving ze reason vhy, is she vanted back in Freital. Zweitens, She believed ze Armee vant to 'Brainvash' her to make her fight on zeir side, vhich even zough ich don't know vhere it comes from, but believe to be ze main reason of refusing our ezkort, und drittens - Maybe ze most important one - she mentioned ze Casablanca Base to be a friendly base, vhile addressing ozer Hessen bases as 'Strangers'. Ich vonder vhy, maybe you az someone vho's more familiar vith her background have an explanation fur all zis, ja?
Now, to main point ov zis message - Ich vill personally start tracking zis pilot down und returning her to Freital, but ich need to know more about zis fraulein, und ansver to ze above questions, so ich can have a more chance ov convincing her to return to Freital through vords rather zan alternate means... Vhich brings up zis certain question - Do ich get permission to force her to return to our base if she refuses ze request even further, even if it means, returning her in her Pod?

Now, Herr Major... You might take zis all vrong und start to think ich bin getting greedy fur ze 25 millions offered fur zis Pilot, but let me put zis clear zat even if ich get revarded vith zis 25 millions, zey vill be donated back to ze Armee to be used fur a better cause und fur volksrevolution. Vhat makes me eager to look into zis matter personally, is your own vord mentioning how critical returning zis pilot to our side is fur our movement.

Access Attachment: Für das vaterland, für die volksrevolution!

[Transmission Terminated]
Message to: Gefreiter Friedrich Dresner
Comm ID: Major Gunther Hoerst, RHA SOA
Encryption: High, AES-2048 cipher/personal IDkey attachment

EYES ONLY

Gefreiter Dresner,

I have read your report and the transcript logs from your comms. Good work in getting the information about the pilot's whereabouts, but we are not done yet.

Since you have already dealt with her first hand, I will explain to you the reason for the warrant for this pilot. Do note that since you are now under my orders, this information is being transmitted to you on a "need to know" basis, so keep it to yourself unless ordered to otherwise. We don't want our enemies to suspect anything.

Now, onto the juicy bit. Frau Schwab has been under the observation of the SOA for quite a while. As you know, Herr Meisnerr has commissioned me to set up the SOA so that we can observe and research threats to Rheinland that are above the pay grade of the rank-and-file. This includes research into how to prevent Wilde mind control devices from operation, the same ones that they use on pilots who are not conditioned or strong enough to withstand it, both ours as well as Military, Corsair, Bounty Hunter or any other. In this case, the rumours actually are true Herr Dresner.

After a recent engagement in Omega-7 I have been able to witness first hand how a wing of perfectly recognisable Wilde gunboats managed to influence the behaviour of Frau Schwab, and force her to attack my own defence force in her bomber, contributing in no small part to the disabling of a Coalition cruiser that was called in to aid us. Being unable to snap her out of her trance, I have ordered my pilots to capture her, however the rather convenient arrival of Rheinland Military regulars has interfered with this plan, and Schwab got away.

The live capture of this pilot is imperative to the movement. If we can study the mechanism of mind control that the Wilde menace has deployed on her, we can learn how to counteract it and thus defend against it. This would be a significant blow to the Wilde, and would stop the movement from losing tens of rekruts every month to this... alien menace.

Believe me Gefreiter, this is a matter of utmost priority. I have validated your new assignment with the high command, and (although I would prefer other methods being employed) if all else fails, you are cleared to use force to bring her back to Freital. I cannot stress the importance of this, the subject must not be completely hostile towards our efforts to bring her back, she needs to doubt her previous course of action as we will need at least some degree of her cooperation in the research to come. This means that you need to convince her you are doing this for her own good, so that our further efforts are not foiled. She is not in a right state of mind, so try to appeal to her emotions, as the alien mind control is clouding her reason.

If you need any further specific information on this case, contact me.

Regards,
Hoerst
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Gefreiter Friedrich Dresner]

Herr Major, ze assignment is Done.
Ich have to say zis all vas much faster zan ich had expected. Sophie Schwab iz returned to Freital... Vell, in her Pod, but vithout being hurt, und is avaiting your presence. But to describe ze events in detail:
After sending you ze last transmission, ich moved tovard Casablanca Base to see if ich can find any trace ov her. After arriving at ze base, und asking around fur nearly a vhole hour, turned out zat she aktually vas at Casablanca, but had left a few hours before mein arrival. So, after checking it vith ze Docking kontrol crew, ich vas informed zat she had left ze station in possible direktion ov Omega-5 sistem. So ich got back in mein ship und headed tovard Omega-5, und started checking ze files from our database meanwhile. Going through ze files, ich noticed an interesting point - Hans & Sarah Schwab, tvo ov Ronneburg's residents. After looking deeper fur zeir rekorts, zey turned out to be parents ov ze same Schwab ve vere looking fur. So, ich got to Ronneburg soon az possible, und came in kontact vith zis 'Hans Schwab'. Ve had a conversation at ze Bar, vhich ich rekorded und is attached to zis message. After asking a few questions about Fraulein Schwab, ich brought up a plan zat ich thought ov on mein vay to Omega-5. Ze plan vas to send out a fake transmission to Sophie Schwab und telling her zat her mother is at Medical wing ov Freital.
Seems her father had sent her ze transmission, und she had believed it, but she vas much faster zan ve had predicted und vas at Freital shortly after ich arrived zere, so ve veren't still completely ready fur it. Seems she suspekted us as soon as she saw me in front ov Freital und started asking unvanted questions. Ich kontacted Doktor Alfred von Klaus, who vas already co-ordinated vith our plan... to some extent... Hoping he can convince her und she'd follow me to Freital, vhich sadly didn't vork. Seeing zat she vas already departing, und knoving it vould get much harder to catch her next time if ve let her go, ich had to, vell... 'Force' her back to Freital, vhich ended vith her ship's destruction. Gladly, ze eskape pod vas ejected before ship's destruction und ich returned ze pod to Freital right avay. She is now unzer heavy surveillance und avaits your next order.

Ich hope ich managed to get ze job done satisfyingly enough fur you.

Access Attachments:
[] [] [] []
Für das vaterland, für die volksrevolution!

Message to: Leutnant Friedrich Dresner

Excellent job... Leutnant.

Sophie has been placed in isolation, now is the time to study her condition - and hopefully undo the damage that has been done to her by those... aliens. The entire Hessian army will benefit from your services here. The promised reward has been transferred to you from the SOA operational fund.

Of course, the job need not end here. Your experience with Frau Schwab, as well as your capacity to handle delicate situations may prove useful in unravelling her controlled mind. Should you agree to assist, this will be but the beginning of a bright career for you in the Spezialoperationabteilung.

Don't take too much time thinking about it.

Regards,
Hoerst
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Leutnant Friedrich Dresner]

First ov all, Danke Herr Hoerst fur your generous revard, but az ich had said, ze 25 millions is donated back to ze Armee to be used fur a better cause und fur volksrevolution...
Und even zough ich bin nicht trained az a Spezialoperationabteilung operative, like alvays, ich vill try to put all mein capacity to serve mein volk und mein cause, so ich bin at your service und vill try mein best to pass zis assignment az vell az ich bin able to.

Access Attachment:
[]
Für das vaterland, für die volksrevolution!

Message to: Leutnant Friedrich Dresner

Perfect. You will be called on assignment soon. We just need to prepare all the equipment for the interrogation.

Regards,
Hoerst
[Incoming Transmission]
[ID: Leutnant Friedrich Dresner]

Jawohl Mein Herr,
Ich vill return to regular duty meanwhile until receive furzer call from you.

Leutnant Friedrich Dresner Out!