Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Through time and space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: arton595.jpg]

Thousands of colors were overwhelming the vision of the Doc Holliday while he was hearing strange voices.
A giant white light seemed to be at the end of the tunnel, an end he reached in a matter of seconds... minutes...or hours ? did time still exist in this world ?

Everything became white around him.
He was confused and a bit nervous. All he could see was white...all around him. For a moment, he briefly remembered the bright white light he saw long ago, just before he found himself on Manhattan with only his personal possessions and about a thousand credits to his name.

He didn't know where he was. He didn't know where he was going. He didn't know what was going to happen. Still he didn't feel threatened as he could still feel a hand holding onto his. Calm he felt as he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and relaxed.
She smiled. "Welcome to Manhattan, we're in the past. Don't be afraid, they can't see us. Actually, we don't exist at all, ain't that funny when you think about it, we could like..." She chuckles. "Let's go back to the point... Follow me."

Everything seemed to be so real, the citizens walking down the street with these expressions on their face, the ships passing by above them in the sky, the building lights going on and off, where was he in reality ?
Before he could carry on with his thoughts, they stopped in front of a massive and well protected skyscraper.

"A part of your story will be revealed in there." She said, as the looked at the skyscraper. "Are you ready to find out who you really are ? I have to warn you though, it might not be what you expected to find."
The realization that he was not visible to anyone else had not settled in. He was still in his doctor's clothing with his stethoscope around his neck. Looking around, he half-embarrassingly removed it, coiled it best he could and put it in his pocket. It wasn't until someone walked through him that he realized that the Angel wasn't kidding.

So there he stood, before the skyscraper, just looking up to the top and then back down. He then looked over at the Angel, "I am ready. As it is the answer I seek, I am ready regardless of what I may find."
He just stood, waiting for what was next.
"As you wish" said Alley. "I'll be right behind you."

As the Doc Holliday entered the building, followed by the Angel, he felt like he already came here and he knew the path to the part of the building he was interested in, but he never visited that place before.

Corridor after corridor, he arrived in front of a large glass door with multiple signs printed on it such as "Level -1", "Trespassers will be shot" and "Level 7 Clearance required".

While the door really looked impressive and tough, they just walked through it. On the other side, they discovered a small hub where several labs were connected to. He felt attracted by the Alpha laboratory, he couldn't know why, but he had to check it out. As he approached the door leading to the Alpha laboratory, he stopped for a moment to listen to two scientists talking.

"So, I heard Alpha finally made it ?"
"Yeah, they're planning to show the prototype to the board of directors this afternoon."
"I hope this time the prototype isn't going to collapse into an ugly pile of goo, uugh it was disgusting, I feel like puking just by thinking about it."
"You're so cute."
"It's not funny."

The doc turned and faced the door again, he was one step away from it, one step away from the room his new life began in.

Alley spoke behind him. "Take your time, you must be ready."
He just stood at the door, in a minor state of awe. It all looked so familiar yet so alien. He chuckled a bit as he passed through this door without so much as making an attempt to open it, reading the words, "Trespassers will be shot."

He then listened to the conversation taking place. He had heard these voices somewhere before however brief it may have been. He thought a moment to a time years before as he lay looking up at lights and white figured people looking down upon him. He could remember well the words that were spoken, "We've done it. We've preserved a piece of history."

"Could this be?" he thought in a whisper to himself.

After a brief pause and a sigh, he looked at the Angel, "I am ready...ready as I ever will be."