Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Bear's Cave - Sedona Station, Baffin (Formerly Freeport 14, Yukon)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Lev walked down the corridor, he though to himself, "this might be the place." Lev Shestov had found himself on Freeport 14. This desolate station in Yukon, literally the ass end of nowhere, had only a handful of people living on it. It was one of the zoner's newest bases, and for Lev, it seemed the perfect place to escape. Lev was tired of living in society, even living among zoners had recently become a problem. It seemed no matter which way the man turned, there was someone telling him he wasn't a zoner, mainly it was those Omicroners, but more than that, Lev felt that there was no one out there who thought he could be a zoner without using violence. Everyone seemed to want Lev to shoot at someone, some wanted him to shoot at Corsairs, some wanted him to shoot at Outcasts, some Bounty Hunters, and surprisingly enough, many wanted him to shoot at other zoners. Round and round Lev went until he realized he could no longer live among those people, and then someone told him about Yukon and the new Freeport, apparently they said, there was a few zoners living there, zoners who werent even comfortable living among the general zoner population anymore. Lev thought this would be the perfect place for him. Docking the Dancing Bears at 14, Lev actually felt comfortable for the first time in months. One his way to Yukon, he had gotten in touch with the station master on 14, and found out that there was a commercial space available for rent on the stations promenade, and Lev rented it, without even looking at the space. Lev was going to do something he had dreamed about for most of his life. Lev was going to open a bar. Not like most bars, this one was going to pay homage to the defining figure in Lev's life... The Grateful Dead. Lev had all sorts of their music, and tie-dyed tapestries all over his ship, it would be easy enough to set them up in his new bar.

Lev headed into his new space, it was perfect, he started setting up, meaning he rolled up a joint, and then got down to work. A few days later, Lev had something that looked the way he wanted it.
[Image: img01626qd.jpg]

Now was time to let people know he was here. Lev wrote up a short little message and sent it out across Sirius.

Quote:To all the groovy folks who are looking for a chill atmosphere to toke a bone and relax, come on out here to the edge of nowhere and get down with the Bears! Freeport 14 in Yukon is the place to beeeee a beeeee. No harsh vibes out here though, only mellow trips and easy going are allowed out here. Tired of the fighting and the politics? We dont have them here, only the best cheeba this side of Shasta, and the best tunes this side of Islay. Tune in Turn on and Drop out of Sirius, it's time to steal this bar and launch your mind into space. Everyone is welcome at the Bears, so long as they agree to welcome everyone else. Come on by and see Lev. Open from now until the end of time, or at least till our lease runs out.

Lev sent out the message, rolled up a joint and waited to see what was going to happen.
Gideon Ravenor took a deep breath as he walked down the hall way from the security sing of the station. It had been a full day of meetings with the security personnel, many of them being old comrades and colleagues from the late Zoner Defense Forces. Yet, now being head of security of the Omicron Supply Industries, it was a rather nice change for him. The few months prior had been nothing but a nightmare logistically, and mentally taxing. Now heading up the security division for a private company was a godsend amount of relief.

He continued down the hall until he came to the promenade area. He tightened up his old ZDF uniform, which was now standard wear for the OSI SecFor, since most of them were old ZDF anyways, and began to do his daily inspection of the shops and businesses. Traffic was lighter than usual this particular morning. Yet, the hall were still booming with the success of free enterprise and great trade.

Finally making his way to the recently opened bar, he sighed at the sight he saw. Another hippy joint has taken over the bar once again. He turned towards the coffee shop and stopped for a slight second, recognizing that the owner of the place must be new here. So, to continue his due diligence, Ravenor turned back around and headed in the bar. Almost throwing up a little in his mouth, he managed to maintain his composure as he stepped in and took a seat at the bar.
Lev saw the man enter, he knew immediately this man might cause problems. "Hey buddy, welcome to the shop, sorry but you're going to have to leave that sidearm outside, aint no need in here, this aint no place of violence."

Gabriel Caudill sits in his office. He gets a call over his personal comms.

Howdy Felicia. Oh, the new bar opened? Guess I'll have to go take a look then.

After a short lift ride down to the promenade, he exits and heads to the new establishment. As he walks in he sees a less than pleased Gideon Ravenor discussing an issue about his sidearm.

Ah, you must be Mr. Shestov. I'm Gabriel Caudill, CEO of Omicron Supply Industries. We run this station, but you already knew that, of course. I'm glad we could finally meet face to face. And I see you have already met Mr. Ravenor. He is my head of security.

Seems I overheard something about Mr. Ravenor's firearm. I hope that we don't have an issue here.
"Dont need no Mistas and Missus here Gabe, good to meet you, call me Lev. As to this one," Lev pointed at the grumpy looking man with the gun, "I dont want no guns in my establishment, y'all are welcome to enjoy mah place, but the guns stay at the door. I hope that aint a problem for you boys, but if it is, y'all are going to have to leave."
Ravenor was just about to blow his gasket when Caudill walked in. He sighed a bit as he let his rage simmer down. He slowly unhooked his pistol and laid it down on the bar. It was a nickel plated .45 semi-auto. Engraved with the lierobian insignia, it was the parting gift that lessened the blow of his sudden discharge from service. It has never left his side for many years. He wasn't about to let it leave his side today.

"How about a compromise?" he said with a slight look of discontent. Ravenor unloaded the pistol, and freed the chamber round, leaving both the round and the clip on the table. He also grabbed his spare clip and laid that on the table too. "You hold onto those," he holstered his pistol again, "and this stays right here."
"Nah, son, thats not the way it's going to go. Here is the deal, for me, gun dont go with fun, and this place is all about fun. Now, there's a nice weapons locker outside the door, you can store your gun, and ammo in there, I dont want nothing to do with it. I dont hold guns or ammo, it aint a part of who I am, it aint going to be a part of any place I run. Guns get more guns, violence gets more violence. You got that thing strapped to yer hip, makes the next guy want one strapped to his, then we done already took the first step towards someone getting shot. No guns, no chance of anybody takin a bullet, no problems, one hundred percent success rate. Same rules that go for you on this, go for everybody else, aint no one going to get the drop on y'all in here, so there aint no reason to need one. Hope that makes my view clear, if you dont think ya can come in here without the piece, your business aint welcome."
"I respect that, your ideals on the natter. They are yours to have. Yet, I'm sure that when you signed to documents to open this establishment, you sign the rules and regulations, document I-432c. And within that spacing document it contained the section regarding station safety and security. Now, that section entails the part about the police of the station being allowed to carry their weapons upon any part of the station, including your fine establishment."

Ravenor then reached into his pocket and pulled out his badge. He laid it on the bar and opened the case for it and it displayed the SecFoe insignia for OSI. He then unholstered his weapon again to show it off. "This pistol was given to me to signify the end of my military career within the Liberty Navy. A career that put me on countless battles pitted against Xenos, Rogues, Hackers, and even Nomads. Yeah, I fought in the Nomad wars, and this, aside from a nice pension, was all I got for it."

He then reholstered the weapon. "It's been almost 5 years since I was discharged, and this pistol has never left my side since, nor will it now. Now, me taking the bullets out was a mere courtesy, a showing of good faith. Normally I wouldn't do such a thing. So consider it that, a matter or courtesy."

He then stretched out his hand and smiled. "I believe we got off to a bad start. I'm Gideon Ravenor, Director of Security for this station and the SecFor for OSI."
"Well Gideon, I am Lev, and this is my final word on the matter, if you need to do a security sweep, go ahead, and then leave, while you have that there piece of iron attached to your hip, your not welcome as a customer at my establishment. I respect your need to provide security to the station, and if you need to do that here, I guess I dont have much say in that, but I do have a say in who I serve, and anyone with a gun is not welcome as a customer in my establishment. I do ask that if you are doing security work, you do it as expeditiously as possible, and then leave my customers and myself back to our laid back, not thinking about violence, ways."
"As is your right to deny your business to anyone you wish," he stated as he grabbed his clip and put it on his belt. He then grabbed the other clip, slammed it home, chambered a round, and then released the clip. He did this with no emphasis on any of his actions, just simply did it to do it. He loaded the single round into the clip as he said, "just because I have been in many conflicts does not mean that I go about looking for one. Yet at the same time, I don't allow myself to not prepare for any that may come my way."

Ravenor then slammed the clip home once more and slowly lowered the hammer, finally bolstering his pistol once more. Never fired before, and for now, it would stay that way. "It's a pleasure meeting you, Lev. If anything come up, feel free to call the SecFor. And I may stop by from time to time. Until then," he nodded slightly and gave Caudill a slight nod also, "farewell."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22