Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Defination of engagement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok What exactly is an engagement. I know if a transport is yelled to halt,and F1's it is punishable cause he is considered engaged.
Now a diff situation. Lets say...A GB comes into a system,and 2 hostiles go after it,and yell come back here so we can kill you,and give chase. This GB runs away,and jumps to another system so the 2 hostiles dis-engege chase. A few minutes later this same GB comes back with friends.
Is this now re-ingaging? Even if no shots fired an engagement was RP'd?

Oppinions please,and admin's please jump in too.

Please discuss,but do not flame.I will not respond,but want to see others oppinions,and admins.
It is... The GB must stay withing 10k of the main battle, in the same systen non-crusing and not using a tradelane. Basicly that is dissengagement and if he comes back with friends that's re engagement...:)
r3vange gets a cookie
Did it's shields drop below 50% ? If so, it was engaged. If not, go Q_Q in flood.
There was no engagement. Yeah, you RP'd enough to avoid a sanction IF there was, but since his shields never went below 50% (no shooting), then there wasnt an actual engagement.

Otherwise, cops could yell at pirates 9k away, drop out of cruise and wait for the pirate to make 10k. Then tell him to get out. Doesnt work like that.
' Wrote:There was no engagement. Yeah, you RP'd enough to avoid a sanction IF there was, but since his shields never went below 50% (no shooting), then there wasnt an actual engagement.

You,sir,are correct.
' Wrote:Ok What exactly is an engagement. I know if a transport is yelled to halt,and F1's it is punishable cause he is considered engaged.
Now a diff situation. Lets say...A GB comes into a system,and 2 hostiles go after it,and yell come back here so we can kill you,and give chase. This GB runs away,and jumps to another system so the 2 hostiles dis-engege chase. A few minutes later this same GB comes back with friends.
Is this now re-ingaging? Even if no shots fired an engagement was RP'd?

Oppinions please,and admin's please jump in too.

Please discuss,but do not flame.I will not respond,but want to see others oppinions,and admins.

I'd like to point out that in your example of the transport, it's incorrect, the transport wasn't engaged.

But, it's against rules to use F1 to escape from player interaction.

For the other example, what patrician said.
Ladies and Gentlemen, ryoken once again proving his lack of understanding of the simple.

Read the rules and read them again, it's all spelled out there.
Like Casero said, your example was flawed and the rules state it's a 50% reduction in shield.
Internet lawyers are correct.
Good to know. So a fighter for example can come into a fight,fire wave after wave of missiles,but if he is never hit,can run off reload,and come back,and repeat as long as neccesarry. Cause after all.He was never "engaged" as he never had sheilds go "below 50%"
So all those who say i never read rules? whatever. The rules do not cover every single situation,so i ask here,but it seems no one will give an answer,without the insults or flames. So i guess i will just add to admins pages of Emails from now on.
Pages: 1 2 3