Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The impure Diamond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We live in ever changing times, so I think we should write things down so that we can not forget, so that others know who we were.

Now where should I start, yes my name is Sophie, Sophie Schwab to be exact. Im the daughter of Hans and Sarah Schwab, as well as the little sister of my brother, Max Schwab. And I was born in the year 798 After Settlement at the rock we Hessians call Ronneburg.
And this, this is something you could call my diary or my story, whatever you like more. I will keep things short, Otherwise I would be bored if I would read it myself once more.

I was born at Ronneburg and lived there nearly all the time. Once I was old enough I visited the school, like everyone else. I cant say that I was the best there, but I have never been the worst, more or less average. My mother had been a secretary, working for Daumann before she met my father, who worked for the same boss onboard of one of these big mining ships. They fell in love and decided to leave everything behind, thats how they became Hessians. And I think that was the reason why they wanted me and my brother to be better then the rest, to 'have a better life' as they always called it. Father tried to convince us that the 'Volksrevolution' and the fight against Rheinland was a good thing. My brother believed him, while I had never been able to understand what the Rheinlanders, had done to us.

At the age of 17, ending my last year at school, Max was killed by Corsairs. Everyone said that they ate people, so I thought that was what happened to him. I hated them for doing this and I still hate them.
My brother had three ships, an old, rusty Odin, a Thor class Bomber that nearly felt appart when you looked at in the wrong way and a Sabre, which he always flew. I dont know where he had the money from to buy those things, but after his death, the Odin and the Thor were still there. I always wanted to get out of the rock we were living in, flying out with a ship would have given me the possibility to do so, even if it was just for a few hours. Leaving the rock became a possibility now.
After I was done with school, I started to work on the Odin, removing the rust and giving it a new paintjob. Father didnt like it, but he knew that he wasnt able to stop me. Mother always said that I inherited that stubbornness from him.

Once the ship was ready a friend explained me how to fly the ship, and is main functions. Learning how to fly was up to me, nobody cared how I would do it, or if I would survive my test flights. I think I had been quite lucky back then, but I made it without major injuries or damages at the ship. One month later I flew out with other Hessians for the first time, the target were Miners or „Those that took our jobs“, the piracy attempts and attacks were not aimed at the people onboard of the ships, the simple workers, but on the vessels owners. Daumann and Kruger mostly. I deemed those actions to be a very good source of income, three months later I had enough founds to repair the Bomber my brother left me. And again, I had to learn flying it. One time I nearly killed myself because of a weapon overheating issue. I was lucky once more and after replacing the damaged parts I had another ship at my disposal. The Bomber was a far more powerful vessel, although not as agile as the Odin, it gave me the possibility to damage and even destroy things much more effective. Something the Mining ship owners, with incompetent crews, as well as the Corsairs, which were everywhere, just waiting for a bit of carelessness, realized quite fast. My parents tried to force me to stay at the rock, something I refused to do. A few rather heated arguments later I left them, left home.
The Defence wings were in need of pilots at Casablanca, so I took the chance and went there. I got a room for my own, space for my ships, and the bar offered great drinks. In short, everything I needed. I met many new persons, one of them, Erik became a very good friend and maybe even a bit more then that. My days there were nearly always the same. Standing up, eating, flying a patrol and removing every Corsair that came across our way. After this I had some free time, which I either spent at Casablanca, or with the acquisition of some more Credits. You never know what you may need them for. Two months before my 19.th Birthday Erik dissapeared, I dont know where he went, if he died, or if he just wanted to start a new life elsewhere. The following months were boring, Casablanca wasnt the same without him. Most of my other friends were killed in fights, new pilots came and filled their spots, but it wasnt the same. And I did not like most of them.

I decided to search for new places, maybe some places with secrets, or just places where I could be alone. Places where I could think. One of them was near a planet in a very desolate system, nobody else was there and I visited it more often. One day I met a Military patrol in the system, the pilot introduced himself and stated that he was there to map the space, to map the Omega Systems. He was friendly so I gave him some hints, other would have killed him, but why should I kill someone who doesnt want to kill me?
In the following weeks I encountered a few more of these cartographers how I would call them. All of them were polite, so I helped them where I could. One of them told me about the place where he was born, Planet Stuttgart. He described it as a place with sun, wind, some rain and a great vegetation, I never felt the wind or the rain, I never saw 'real' wild plants, so I decided that this should be one of my biggest goals, to visit a planet sometime.

Days, Weeks and even months passed and not much changed until I met a Bounty Hunter at the planet I mentioned earlier, he told me his story, that he was a Hessian before and that he was caught, brought to the cruel Vierlande prison and that they offered him to be free again, if he joins the Bounty Hunters. But the more interesting part, were his tellings about gods, gods that kept him alive all the time, even at Vierlande. He told me that those gods test us, that they judge about us. I listened well and most of the things he said seemed to be true, they seemed to give a real sense to my life. I dont know where the Hunter went, I never saw him again, but I never forgot what he told me.
Not much later, maybe a week, I was attacked by a wing of Corsairs, 4 of them, flown by very skilled pilots. I would have had died there, but then a miracle happened, a creature came out of nowhere and destroyed the Corsairs, it destroyed them and safed my life.

At first I thought a ship saved me, but the scans showed that it was completely organic, a living being. It was able to communicate with me, but not with words. It created pictures, feelings and impressions in my head, I am not able to describe it that well.
When I saw this being, glowing in a mix of purple and blue colors, colors that were always changing, I knew that it was sent by the gods, to help me. From that moment I could be sure that the gods were there and that they would not let me die.

I met many of these beings in the following months and I helped them with everything I could do. Angering the gods would not be wise. Sometimes they destroyed Mining vessels, sometimes they destroyed Military ships, I did not care what they wanted me to do. I did it.
Then there was one day, when a big Coalition vessel, together with a wing of Red Hessian Soldiers wanted to hunt 2 of the beings down. I assisted those beings and with joined efforts the Coalition vessels was destroyed, then the beings died and I had to flee. I dont know who those Hessians were, or why they wanted to harm these innocent beings, but I knew that they deserved to die. After this fight I returned to Casablanca and did not see any of the creatures for a longer time. Then suddenly the Red Hessian Soldiers searched for me, they tried to catch me, because they wanted to interrogate me. I was able to outsmart them everytime.
Chancel that, they were able to outsmart me. They used my parents to set a trap for me. Father called me and told me that my mother was at Freitals med bay but when I went there to visit her they caught me. Max' ship was destroyed and they brought me to one of their prison cells, one they use for the really dangerous criminals. Then they asked questions, lots of questions. About me and about the beings, they told me that they were dangerous things created by aliens, with the sole purpose to kill. And something about them taking over humans, to use them for their own purposes, leaving nothing but a soulless hull behind.
If that would have been the truth they would have did this already, or they would have killed me.
But nothing like this happened in the past, when they had more then one chance to do so.
Im back in freedom since a few days now, they even gave me a new Odin. Even if it isnt the ship I repaired myself, its still good to have a replacement. Im back at Casablanca now, all my things were still here, nobody touched anything. The people here are, unlike the ones at Freital which mostly didnt speak a word with me, friendly like always. It feels a bit like I have never been away. But that not too important, I am back home, thats what matters.
I met another being, the first one since I'm free. The poor thing was under heavy attack by other Hessians, this Dresner was one of them. Looking at how they shot at it was cruel, but knowing that I couldnt help it was even worse. Those beings cant be that dangerous, even though Dresner said that it attacked another Hessian, I doubt it.
They never decided to hurt me, well they tried it only once, but I guess that was my fault. Helping this poor creature today would have brought me right back into the Army's interrogation rooms. So I did the only possible thing. I doubt that they would let me out if they catch me again.
Lets hope I never have to watch something like this again, they attacked it like animals would attack their prey...
While flying through Omega 3, I met a few of the military men again. The one that said that they were there to map the Omegas. But I think there is much more then just that, they were flying with one of the beings. Maybe they protect them as well, or maybe these pilots are some kind of protectors as well? I am not sure, this is something that just gave me more questions I cant answer, more questions nobody can and will answer for me.

I told those men about the things this Dresner told me and then asked them what I should believe. Dresner mentioned that those beings are more or less machines, but this pilot backed my view on them up. He told me that they are much more then a machine, he even mentioned a name. Does this mean that the beings have names? And again they were just giving me more and more questions, but no real answers.
The Red Hessian Army killed another one, they claimed that it was self defense again. Like they did all the time when they shot a being. But I think they are the ones starting it, they must provoke the beings into an attack on them. They were alway peaceful whenever I was close to them, so I cant imagine that those people tell the truth.
One of the beings contacted me, while I did not even see it. Yet I could understand it and it could understand me. This one being seemed to know what happened to me, it even showed me that it was watching me all the time. But how could this be if they were, like this Dresner said, not sent by gods?
Everything that happens, happens for a purpose. Thats what this one being mentioned everytime I encountered it. I still dont understand what it tries to tell me with this.
Oh, and the last thing it tried to tell me before its thoughts disappeared again, was that I can not find the truth without trust. But whom should I trust? I can not trust the Army, especially this Dresner. But can I trust those beings? They didnt try to hurt me, but they are definitely nothing human. They are something else, but I can not imagine that they should be evil aliens, as the officer tried to tell me...
Can I still trust myself?
While moving to the one desolate system, which I already mentioned earlier, I encountered one of the Rheinlandish soldiers again. He was chasing another Hessian, that as it seemed attacked him. I decided to do nothing about it at the beginning, but as I saw how the soldier was about to loose the fight, something happened.
It felt like communicating with the beings, just more intense. For a short time it felt as if I would fly the soldiers ship, I saw the controls, different lights and buttons and then everything was normal again. But I felt that the soldier was in trouble. After asking him 3 times he replied with a few words, so I made my decision to help him. These soldiers were good humans, always polite and friendly. I wouldnt have wanted to see how he gets killed by this Hessian, just to be brought to one of their interrogation rooms.
And I didnt expect that he would be able to send a transmission to the others anyway, his ship was destroyed in a place that is too desolate to give them the chance to find him in time.
At least that was what I thought, he somehow managed to send a transmission to the Hessians, after a small talk with the soldier I wanted to fly back home, but they had removed my docking codes. I wasnt able to dock at any of the Hessian bases.
I think their decision is clear, so I moved to the Freeport for now, maybe I will stay there for longer. I have sent a transmission to the few friends I have at Cassablanca and they will bring me my bomber to the Freeport, so I will at least have my ships here.
This time I wont go back to the Hessians I think, they wont get me back into a prison cell.
I think leaving these Hessian rocks behind was the right thing to do. The Zoners are nice, the room is bigger then most I saw on the Hessian bases and they even have a Biodome here. That thing is great, I could spend hours there. It is the closest to a planet I have seen so far, I really like the plants. Sadly all of this has a not so good backside, it is expensive. The Zoners want to have a lot of money for that room, but until now the Miners were able to pay for it as well as for some ship repairs. My Odin had a few problems with the navigational systems, so I had to exchange the whole device.

I will see how things evolve from now on, but I doubt that, even if the Hessians would want me back there, I would go back. I like it here, I like it a lot. I even met some people that could become my friends here, maybe they will stay on the Freeport too, so I wouldnt have to be too lonely.
The Freeport is good, but it remains boring. There is absolutely nothing to do and I dont know anyone here. I have been using the time to rob a few Miners in the Omegas, at least brings some money to pay the bills. While attacking one of the Miner ships the Military seemed to have realized my presence and they sent a gunboat and a fighter to destroy my Thor. I was lucky, two of the soldiers that are mapping the sector came by and put me under 'Rheinwehr protection'.
They ordered the other soldiers to explain their actions, which those refused to do, so they ordered their destruction. I asked if I could help them, that was something I just had to do, those people had saved me. They agreed and the other military vessels were destroyed in a joint operation. Those two soldiers then found a smuggler, flying one of these big Rheinland trains. This person refused to follow their orders and was again, destroyed by us. I didnt have the time to check which dangerous goods he carried, but I think those soldiers were right.
After all dangers were removed I had a little talk with one of the soldiers, he told me a few things about his father and I told him about mine. He seemed to understand how it felt to be tricked by the own father, he even said that it wasnt my fault.
Sadly he had to move on, but I offered him to visit me at the Freeport. He even said that it would be possible, so maybe that will help against the boredom, at least a bit.
Pages: 1 2