Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mayday! Mayday! Calling The Medics! Mayday! Mayday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
::INCOMING TRANSMISSION::

::PILOT DESIGNATION:: Capt. P Bear

::SHIP IDENTIFICATION:: [IC]-Profit_Margin

::SCANNING SIGNAL:: SCANNING.......SCANNING........SCANNING......

::SIGNAL IS CONFIRMED AS DISTRESS BEACON :: DECODING......

This is an emergency broadcast for help. MEDICS, please respond.

SITUATION

I am a container transport carrrying refugees from Planet Leeds to Planet Holstein in the Frankfurt system. I am jammed to capacity with refugees and was approaching Planet New London when I was informed of a rampant sickness among the refugees. I tried to dock at New London for medical aid but was turned away and have been forced to return to Planet Leeds. I am presently in orbit around Leeds and am being quarantined. The sickness has spread like wildfire and I am unable to cope, some of my crew have been affected as well and we no longer have enough able bodied to care for the sick.

SYMPTOMS

Initially the symptoms start as a dry hacking cough and the victim begins to have breathing problems within 12 hours. Within 24 hours they start to alternate between chills and extreemly high fever and it is at this point that nodules begin to appear under the armpits and in the groin. Within a further 12 hours these nodules split and start oozing a greenish, foul smelling puss. Death follows within an additional 24 hours.

We have had 32 deaths so far and I have over 4000 people infected with this plague, whatever it is. We are desperate for help and unless you respond soon, I fear we may be dead within days, all 4300 of us.

For God's sake help us!

P. Bear Capt

Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!

::MESSAGE REPEATS::
[Image: Medictransmissionbarkopie-1.png]

[Image: e8eac23a-6dab-46c1-a889-0ee9325a8361.jpg]

[font=Book Antiqua]Greetings, captain

This is a truly desperate situation I understand. At an unfortunate time as well. Many of my men including my best doctor are currently busy battling an epidemic on Luxury Liner Hawaii and our numbers are few to begin with. Still, I will do whatever I can to help you. If anyone remains untouched by this disease he or she should be immediately separated from the rest. I will try to find an available ship as soon as possible.

Stay frosty out there!

::PILOT DESIGNATION:: Capt. P Bear

Thank God you got our mayday!

The good news is that a few people seem to have recovered and although weak are helping to care for those less fortunate than themselves. We have very few people who have not been affected and I have initiated a lock down between the crew areas and passenger areas, purely to keep what few healthy crew I have left from being infected or I will be unable to keep the ships vital functions operating.

There have been another 73 deaths among the refugees and panic has overtaken those who are unaffected. I have been forced to shoot two refugees who tried to instigate a mutiney and take over the ship. Things are still under control only because they are afraid I will kill them all. I had to threaten to depressurise the ship to stop the rioting.

We will hold out as long as we can, and the knowledge that you have responded will help raise morale tremendously.

P. Bear Capt.

::TRANSMISSION ENDS::

::PILOT DESIGNATION:: Chief Engineer McTavish

Tae the Medics,

Yon plague seems tae aboot dun. We've nae had another case 'n the last 24 hoors. Yon deathtoll was fierce mind 'n Cap'n Bear worked haes butt off tendin tae infected. Ye'll be sad to hear the Cap'n died nae but an hoor ago. He was the last tae die of yon plague.

We'm have tae stay in yon quarantine fur a wee bit longer, but wi nae more infected I dinna reckon we'm much tae worry aboot now ye ken. Jus' so ye ken, we'm had 4,267 died o' yon plague, refugees 'n crew. There be 32 o' us survived 'n awaiting tae be releases oot o' this hell.

Ah dinnae ken this ship'll space nae moor, she be an unlucky ship ye ken, 'n nae crew'll fly in a deathship ye ken.

::SIGNED:: Jock McTavish, senior surviving crewman.
[Image: Medictransmissionbarkopie-1.png]

That is... sad news. I'm sorry I couldn't do more until now. We simply lack the numbers. It is also very sad the state-owned hospitals did nothing to help you.\

Do not be afraid though, the Hippocrates, an Albatross 'Large Transport' has been prepared to pick up the survivors. It will be under command of Leonardo Conti, one of my one crewmembers.

Stay frosty out there.