Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Mighty TAZ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#FFCC33]Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton
[Image: 220px-FrankEaton1.gif]

[font=Comic Sans Ms]*This message was originally handwritten. It has been scanned and translated from the handwriting of the individual into a more easily readable (being the most basic font available to the computer of the individual receiving this message) font. We apologise if this has in anyway inconvenienced you.*

Howdy pardners, this's Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton of the Cowboys. My codename is Five. I certainly hope this here message is reaching the Temporary Autonomous Zoners, and them only. If you want anybody else viewing this message, then by all means go ahead. I hope that anything you do leads to justice faster.

So, I was just preparing for another day searching for some no-good law breakers to wrangle up and hopefully earn some credits. I'm based at Barrier Gate in Coronado. So I launched from that base and see a couple of pirates on my scanner. Now these are the ruffians who inspired the name of our little group. The Indians. None-the-less I provided a friendly greeting, but was immediately met with weapons fire.

But that part doesn't particularly concern you, which ain't no problem. But they had caught me un-awares and I had lost quite a few nanobots, and Barrier has some rules about docking while in an engagement, so I was hoping the Zoners No-Fire Zone could protect me from these no-gooders.

So I jumped into your system. Now I always hold the highest respects for the Zoners and honestly did not expect to be simply moving the fight to Baffin, endangering Zoner lives. Now I'm all for facing an opponent and fighting honourably to the death in fair conditions. But when I'm out-numbered four to one I decided to move away to live to fight another day.

Well three of them followed me and decided they'd endanger Zoner lives and break the No-Fire Zone by continuin' to make a ruckus around my ship. Now I didn't want to risk firing back against them, what with so many civilians around, so simply tried to disrupt their mines with cruise disruptors.

I was calling to any Zoners in the system, seeing if they could ask the Indians to hold their fire. A TAZ member replied on the horn, [TAZ]Epsilon.Eridani, and he reminded the Indians about the No-Fire Zone in Baffin. But those Indians finally struck a blow my ol' ship couldn't handle and I was forced to use the dusty ejector handle.

If any Zoners property was damaged when the fight moved to Baffin, then I apologise and will of course offer to pay for any damages. But I hope these ruffians see justice for their actions, which broke your laws and endangered innocents which is something that should not be stood for.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Now I hope there's enough evidence that that system is Baffin. I'm not sure if I caught enough, but I hope the TAZ in the system at the time can testify for my case.

Thank you. You can imagine me tipping my hat. *Chuckles*
Quote:++ Source : Gregorius Adagio ++
++ Destination : TAZ Popes ++
++ Derivation : none ++
++ Encryption level : alpha ++
++ Transmission begins ++

[Image: kallisti.png]

Kallisti.
That pilot called me, asking for assistance in Baffin. However, sadly, i arrived too late.
My opinion is those pirates should be monitored closely. If they pirate again in Baffin... Something nasty may happen.
Like them being hunted by half of Bretonia. *Greg chuckles*

23's.

++ one must still have chaos in one to give birth to a dancing star ++
++ End of transmission ++
[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
Location: Ambassador's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin
To: Mr. "Pistol Pete" Eaton

Kallisti, Sir,

I have read your report and I think I'm must more glad to see that you are all right. It's to my understanding that you were brought to Shasta by one of our patrols.

I will see if I can get ahold of the Indians and speak with them on this matter. It is the first time I've seen them this close to Baffin and I don't know if they know our laws here.
Just a word to you, Sir, that quite often those people who pursue in a fight often have little, if any, respect for Zoner "No-Fire-Zones" and such so running into them isn't usually an effective tactic. It happens all over Sirius. If you had run close to a base here in Baffin, I would be upset as stray fire in the past has caused damage and even injury on our bases but as it was in the ourskirts of the system, I feel differently.

Nothing was damaged so don't worry about it. Come on in for a drink sometime......on me...and we'll chat a bit.

Yours in Eris,

-Doc
[color=#FFCC33]Frank "Pistol Pete" Eaton
[Image: 220px-FrankEaton1.gif]

' Wrote:
[Image: ambassadorsoffice.png]

*incoming transmission*
Comm ID: [TAZ]Doc Holliday
Location: Ambassador's Office, Shasta Orbital Skyhook, Baffin
To: Mr. "Pistol Pete" Eaton

Kallisti, Sir,

I have read your report and I think I'm must more glad to see that you are all right. It's to my understanding that you were brought to Shasta by one of our patrols.

I will see if I can get ahold of the Indians and speak with them on this matter. It is the first time I've seen them this close to Baffin and I don't know if they know our laws here.
Just a word to you, Sir, that quite often those people who pursue in a fight often have little, if any, respect for Zoner "No-Fire-Zones" and such so running into them isn't usually an effective tactic. It happens all over Sirius. If you had run close to a base here in Baffin, I would be upset as stray fire in the past has caused damage and even injury on our bases but as it was in the ourskirts of the system, I feel differently.

Nothing was damaged so don't worry about it. Come on in for a drink sometime......on me...and we'll chat a bit.

Yours in Eris,

-Doc
[font=Comic Sans Ms]*This message was originally handwritten. It has been scanned and translated from the handwriting of the individual into a more easily readable (being the most basic font available to the computer of the individual receiving this message) font. We apologise if this has in anyway inconvenienced you.*

Well sure, it'd be a great thing having a drink with you! I haven't actually been staying on Zoner stations so I hope they have a good selection!

I would never have run to one of your stations if they had been firing. I would have rather risked attempting to land again on Barrier than risking the Zoners. You seem like some nice folk, just tryin' to live your lives without anybody else botherin' ya, so I wouldn't want to bring trouble to your doorstep. History's shown how that can turn out.

Anyway, I'll be down to the bar as soon as I've finished this paperwork for a new Roc. Unfortunately there are some things in this world which need to be put down using force, and those no-good Indians are one of them. Somebody's gotta stand up for those miners or traders just trying to make a living.

They didn't even give me anything, which was the worst part of that fight. I was just launching from Barrier Gate, minding my own business. Saw them, respected the sanctity of Barrier and gave them a greeting, and then they started shooting at me. Those ruffians need a lesson, and fast.

Thank you again Mister Holliday, and I'll be sure to join you for that drink.