Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Addressed to the Magistrates Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Head Magistrate,

A case has come up which the state requires legal advice on before pursuing. I will provide you all the evidence that has been relayed to us by the victim in this case, an Independent Neuralnet Division VP, Otis Jethro, who also happens to be a Libertonian citizen.

I will attach my ongoing cables between myself and mister Jethro, which also contains transcripts of conversations between the Colonial Republic, Kingdom of Bretonia and the Independent Neuralnet Division.

On behalf of the state, I urge you to do whatever is in your power to protect the integrity and reputation of a man and a company which, to my comparatively untrained legal eye, may have been subject to wrongful defamation and a consequently illegal fine.

- Robert McKay, Secretary of State for Defence
Head Magistrate,

I am glad for your swift action on this matter. I will leave this issue in your capable hands. Do not hesitate to call my office if you need something; we will be happy to provide it if it is within our means to do so.

[font=Tahoma]

The Right Honourable Ms. Goethe, 4th Circuit Judge Presiding
[Image: candice-bergen.jpg]
[color=#FFFFFF]

I will hear the case Secretary, but I warn you that trying a case like this will be difficult. I will also stress that I will hear the case as impartially as I can, ensuring that both sides have a fair chance to present their cases within the letter of the law.

I would ask that the Colonial Representatives be served papers the moment that one of them enters Liberty Territory. The papers will order them to send a representative to my court and allow them sufficient time to prepare a defense.

Thank you for trusting the courts with this,

Right Honourable Ms. Goethe, 4th circuit judge Presiding
Head Magistrate,

Of course the state expects absolute impartiality on all legal matters, that is a given. I am also personally confident that this impartiality will be delivered, as I have always been.

As to the Colonial Republic being served papers to attend court, that could be troublesome since I am led to believe their appearance in Liberty is increasingly rare. I would suggest these papers be delivered by transmission instead.

If you wish me to do this, please instruct me on what should be included. Of course, I would prefer if a stunning legal mind such as yourself were to personally handle this matter, however. If you choose to do so, you will have our support.