Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liberty Navy High Command
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: TransmissionRecieved.jpg]
Good Evening Sir; Ensign Ripper here.

As you know; no doubt better then I do, one of Liberty's greatest weaknesses is our military inflexibility. We have access to capital class vessels, interceptors and bombers, all at a moments notice. The difficulty being our inability to have them on-site without hostile detection or prior to the arrival of enemy forces. Libertonian ship designs; though powerful, are distinctive and our radar profiles easily recognisable. Therefore anything we do can be traced back to us, severely limiting our operations.

To rectify this, I propose the creation of a group beyond the operational scope of the Liberty Navy. Six individuals recruited from organisations not normally associated with us; pirates, freelancers and the like. This group; 'Argus', will not act as a direct military force; rather working on intelligence gathering and covert operations. For instance, delaying actions against hostile forces. A pirate operating in Rheinland could sabotage trade lanes, slowing the arrival of hostile reinforcements. Such an action could not be traced back to Liberty, providing us with a reusable asset.

Freelancers could peruse targets beyond our normal reach, as well as act as scouts and informers. Additional capabilities would depend on the individual.

Being a force likely consisting of a number of criminal elements; however, I would request the option to offer a degree of legal immunity to members, as well as non-specific hardware available to the Liberty Navy (Armour, Mines, Holo-grids, ect.). Liberty weapons would, of course, be excluded. At no point would any member have direct access to Liberty Navy files.

I would act as force commander. As a low ranking-officer; Sir, there's less risk if the group is compromised. If you'd prefer to reassign command, that's your call. Any significant findings would be passed directly onto you. In the interest of security, the identities of the pilots would be known only to myself and other members of Argus

Sir; to accomplish the same tasks, Sirius wide, with conventional forces would generate costs running into the billions, as well as significant political flak. Argus could provide both intelligence resources and indirect strategic aid without the attached political fallout.

With your approval, I'll assemble a team.

Ripper Out.

...Signal Lost...
Initiating Connection...
Establishing Network...
Network 100% Complete...
Transmitting Message...

[color=#FFFFFF]Identification Processing...

Captain Samuel Zanders

[font=Palatino Linotype]Ensign Ripper,

If this idea of yours would ever be given the green-light, you need to make sure there are absolutely no connections between this group and the Liberty Navy, or Liberty for that matter. Therefore, you need to codename and classify the entire operation and all its content, as well as all the participants records' removed from our databases. Also remember, the only contact-man will be you.

Finally, I need to forward this to the High-Command before any decision can be taken. The things I said above, are suggestions only.

[color=#3366FF]That is all - Zanders out.
[Image: TransmissionRecieved.jpg]

Sir,

Thank you for the response. There will be no connections to Liberty; with Argus HQ operating out of the Border Worlds. On the rare occasion were we are called upon to operate as a unified force; 'Sabre' class fighter craft will form the majority of our forces. The ships are so common as to be practically untraceable.

While I agree that any Freelancers or Mercenaries incorporated into the organisation should have their records wiped, doing the same to absorbed criminal elements would only draw attention. Any criminal records should, in my opinion, remain public; though closed to further additions. When the individual pilot left Argus they would be recorded as KIA, allowing them to return to a normal life under a new name should they so wish. If we close several files simultaneously, I'm certain that someone would notice, and I'd prefer that we avoid drawing suspicion this early.

Operation: Shadow Guard
Phase One

Objectives:
  • Recruitment of Argus Personnel
  • Establishment of a Sirius-wide relay network
Necessary Resources:
  • 6 One Way Transmitters
  • 5 Compact Extended Range Relays [CERR] (Supporting power plant is not necessary.)
Any reports to the Liberty Navy on our findings will be submitted under the name 'Icarus'.

Thank you once again Sir. I'm ready to go; pending the approval of High Command.

Ripper Out.

...End Transmission...
...Cycling Data...
...Terminating Communication...
...Signal Lost...
...Redirecting Transmission...
...Sending...
...Signal Lost...
...Transmitter Alignment Error Detected...
...Realigning Transmitter...
...Sending Transmission...
...Cycling Data...
...Signal Lost...