Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Fleet Admiral James Ralston, Bretonia Armed Forces.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Source: Battleship Missouri, New York
Sender: Colonel Jonathan McKnight, Armed Forces Reserve
Recipient: Fleet Admiral James Ralston, Bretonia Armed Forces
Subject: Personal Developments

Good evening Fleet Admiral Ralston.

I do hope that this old geezer doesn't interrupt your important matters, and if I may be so informal old bean, 'ts been a while since I was sent here t'Liberty as part of an officer exchange program many years ago and I reckon that I used all those free days, well rather months and years, which I've accumulated in my service for the Queen up by now and I thirst for the glory and honor of active service once more.

However I have recently been contaced by a promising Lieutenant of the Liberty Navy Secondary Fleet going by the name of 'Reggie Kidd', a young lad serving as the temporary leader of the 214th Reservist Fighter Wing.

Due to some circumstances unknown to me it is not possible for Lieutenant Kidd to keep serving as the active leader of the 214th and I've been offered an extended stay in Liberty, which I dare say would be quite to my liking, if I were to accept the position as the leader of the 214th. This goes with full blessings of the Missouri's commanding officer, a particular Admiral Wendi White, of course.

I reckon that this a mighty fine opportunity for me to teach those reservist lads something about the Bretonian way of life and war, and 'ts also an opportunity for me personally to keep enjoying the hospitality of our dear neighbors.

However due to the circumstances protocol would require for myself to be fully integrated into the Navy's secondary fleet as a proper Libertonian, bar the citizenship. Good heavens, I'd not even consider were they to ask me to no longer be a loyal citizen of the Empire!

But I digress old bean. I must stress that so far most of the necessary things I am well ready and even eager to do, however the protocol requires for me to relinquish the privilege of flying that most fabulous piece of engineering I have been flying in her Majesty's service for years, my trusty Templar with its true-firing Splitters.

I would really prefer to keep flying the Old Bessy as I've grown fond of her fortitude and enduring demeanor over the years, however that indeed would require some assistance of the Armed Forces', in particular just some little paperwork that would declare the ship as temporarily in my own possession along with its native equipment.

It is a bit saddening that we can't go by a man's true word these days and that bureaucracy has become such a prevalent scourge over us, but I dare say that god willing it is all for the better in the long run.

Oh but I digress again. Good chap, if you were so kind to do me the personal favour of permitting me to keep my Old Bessy as a serviceman of the Liberty Navy's 214th along with the four Advanced Splitters that served me so well in past times, I would be most thankful and would honorably carry forth the Armed Forces' traditions and do my best to let our virtues rub off on this little fighter wing stationed aboard this here fine ship.

With deepest regards,

Jonathan McKnight
For the Queen, for Bretonia, and for Liberty.

P.S: My sincere apologies if my informal tone is offending, but years on shore-leave in Liberty have truly taken their toll on my manners a fair bit, Admiral.

P.P.S: Blimey, I almost forgot the details for the paperwork! The ship's designation would of course be [color=#FFDD33][214]Col.McKnight - my, paperwork, how I hate thee you oh-so-necessary evil!

[Image: James_Layton_Ralston.jpg]

To : Colonel Jonathan McKnight, Armed Forces Reserve

Issued by : Fleet Admiral James Ralston, HMS Regina

Re : Bretonian Armed Forces Equipment

John, old chap!

Well of course you can keep your Templar! It is the least we owe you. As long as those Liberty Navy folks do not mind, of course.

Moreover, where the hell have you been? Do pop by the Regina's Officer's club for some brandy, right?

To formalize the permission for the equipment, let me get my seal. Makes it official, you know.

This day, the 28th of December 818 AS, I place here my hand and seal.

Fleet Admiral James Ralson
Source: Battleship Missouri, New York
Sender: Colonel Jonathan McKnight, Armed Forces Reserve
Recipient: Fleet Admiral James Ralston, Bretonia Armed Forces
Subject: Whereabouts

[color=#FFAA33]Ah let me express my gratitude first old bean. This truly is most kind of you to allow me to keep the old lady.

I must say that I have been rather quiet during my shore-leave here and I apologize if I left you wondering for too long.

Liberty is so similar in some ways and yet so different from home my friend, it truly is. Them folks here can be such a warm and kind lot, will go to all ends to make an old man feel comfortable and welcome, and yet the life here is so hectic!

Nary a day without new developments and changes on all corners of this wondrous area in space I tell you. So many events a man plain cannot follow them all with his eyes and ears in a mere day.

And some of the sights here are truly magnificent. You must come visit Planet Manhattan one day, for even though it is a place filled with many a folk hailing from all around Sirius and the daily life can easily fade into a blur of busy lads hastily moving from one spot to another, it is full of its own beauty. I knew from back since I was a little lad in grade school that the entire planet was covered in one whole city, but the wonders of architecture here alone are a sight to behold! And the mingling of all cultures creates a most interesting environment that never ceases to amaze, I say.

And best not to get me started on Los Angeles and its clear skies and the endless seas shimmering with the sun's reflection on that deep blue!

Or the hearty folk on Texas, they truly will do all that is in their might to make an old geezer like me feel well!
Though I must say that some of the liquors originating from Houston, in particular those varieties of that "Moonshine" as they call it, are just as rough as the Texans are described back at home.

Oh my, I have been here for years and still there is so much for me to discover.
It is truly a pity that just as our nation wages war against Kusari the Libertonians wage war against Rheinland...

But let us move on to cheerful matters!

I would be most delighted to pay the Officer's club a visit and tell you about my adventures in person old bean.
Truly, I am looking forward to doing so and having a drink with you, for auld lang syne.

But first I must whip those reservists into shape.
I dare not speak bad of our closest allies, though some of the fellows they let into the Navy here wouldn't even pass the entry tests into our ground forces' reserve, and you know how rough those blokes are!

Sincerely,

Jonathan McKnight