Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Direct Communique to Ageira Technologies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well. This is Freelancer Rolane Stephanie Deschaines, over formal and secure comms to Ageira Technologies headquarters. I was stopped outside Pueblo by a fellow name 'Tom.' Wouldn't give any other name, and his ID came up as Ageira|Sharp. He proceeded to give me explicit orders to dock with Pueblo again, and return the Gate Components I had only just entered into a shipping contract for. Now, I've been running the route from Pueblo to Okinawa and occasionally to Tau-23 for some time, at least a month.

Now- I've never had any trouble with the crew or staff aboard Pueblo, much less on the hangar deck, or in space with Ageira vessels. I don't see why this has suddenly changed, and is being spouted by some hotshot crack 'merc. This Sharp fellow, as I've already gone over your roster and databases several times now- seems to have a contract for Ageira-issued bounties. And I've combed those same databases for any references to a gate components licence, which I lack. This being the reason for his orders to return the cargo. So far, I've found nothing. I've also found absolutely nothing regarding his jurisdiction to stop freighters on such grounds.

Now, being forced to dispose of the cargo made me more or less furious. I quite literally demanded to see an official Ageira officer, or executive. Even a ASF officer. Instead, the fellow docked with Pueblo and not five seconds later, an even worse-speaking individual emerged. An unofficial ... Something, who then more or less ignored my ultimatum based on the lack of evidence and utter disregard towards any useful conversation. Albiet, not helping that I had been quite furious at the time, due to the rather awkward and absurd circumstances. Of course, being rather hotheaded right then, I ejected the cargo and sharply sent it directly into Black Eight's cockpit, bouncing harmlessly off the shields and into the side of Pueblo. Admittedly, that could have been handled much better.

Now I'm sure there likely is some sort of licence, or something similar- but the point is, I can't find it. Anywhere. If you can point me in the right direction, maybe ask these fellows to be less confrontational and generally dismissive and unhelpful. All he did was tell me to 'look on the neural net.' Well, I did- and I still haven't found anything here despite repeated thread and 'net queries. Oh, and for the gods sakes, educate your flight crews and shipping staff. I've been running components, again, for the better part of a month, and shipping goods into Pueblo at that.

Thank you in advance for your time- I hope this can be resolved cordially. I'm also sorry for the loss of the shipment, please give my regards to the Okinawa contracting staff.
-Incoming Transmission-

Sender: Stephen Drake
Subject: Gate/Lane Part Licensing

~Message Begins~

[Image: Ageira-r.png]

Ms. Deschaines,

The movement of Gatelane parts by anyone not identified as Ageira, DSE or Universal is a jailable offense within the Liberty Replublic. However, we at Ageira don't tend to bother the Government on such things, we prefer to take a more direct route. Sharp was well within his rights to order you to hand over the Parts, which i might remind you is Ageira Technologies property no matter who is carrying it, and destroy your vessel if you do not comply.

Laws are laws, whether you are aware of them or not.

The Ageira Security Force (ASF) is a mercenary company formed and funded by Ageira Technologies, and are charged with the protection of Ageira stations, ships, and assets.

We can only presume that you have gained these assets via nefarious means, or some sort of clerical error on the Pueblo Loading Dock.

If you wish permission to transport Gate/Lane Parts, you may apply for a license, which will not only allow you to move them, but also grants you ASF protection while moving them. I would remind you that allowing yourself to do so opens a security risk within Ageira, and you will have to supply us with a valid reason as to why we should funnel money into offsetting that risk.

Another option, of course, is to bring your ship and crew to Ageira, where we can train you and take you away from such... Apathetic ways of living.

Sincerely,

Stephen Drake
President
Ageira Technologies

~Message Ends~
Mr. Drake, Its a pleasure to have actually received a direct response from the head of a corporation as large as Ageira, and I do, now fully understand the situation here. The fact that one can be completely oblivious to a law that is enforced so bluntly is quite odd, and it is also quite odd that one can be in violation of such a law for just under a month. Thats just over three weeks of successful hauling not exceeding fifty full standard units of components.

My fresh point being, that the staff on Pueblo, and in Tau-23 as well as Okinawa- Ageira staff, no less, failed to notice/prevent such an infraction.

Now, as for the ASF- the person who stopped me did not display an ASF ID Tag, was using a 'merc ID, and had only a poorly labeled Ageira ID tag, albiet with a well transmitting Ageira IFF. The whole business seemed a bit fishy to me, and I was wont to trust the word of a contracting officer on Pueblo over that of any 'merc at all. I'm sure you understand. I'm not questioning what the ASF does- I had even requested to see an ASF officer, or any official and/or reasonably intelligent employee.

Now, I'd be happy to purchase a licence for transporting these components, but again- its only a small leg of my shipping run, and I don't freight them as my only cargo. Will it be worth it? I rarely transport in excess of 40 SU.
Now, you'll excuse me if I chuckle a bit, but the freight of 50 SU, occasionally, by a transport commander who has been doing it for three weeks now without a solitary hiccup on either end with the exception of this infraction- (Although technically every shipment asofar has been an infraction by both staff on Pueblo, T-23 and Okinawa as well as myself) -is hardly a security risk in any way shape or form.

As for the offer of a job with Ageira, I don't find myself liking the prospect of a single stretch of space, in a solitary ship, with a single company, with a uniform and a shirt and tie ... You get the general idea of course. I'm not cut out for the dedicated shipping business, this is, after all, a privately funded ship. A camara at that.

I hope to hear more from you in regards to this situation. Heres hoping that it'll be solved with warm feeling on both sides.

In best regards,
Rolane S. Deschaines.
-Incoming Transmission-

~Message Begins~

Ms. Deschaines,

Obviously you don't understand how highly advanced the technology is within those boxes. Any box, in any hands other than Ageira, is a security risk. Such is true for DSE and Universal, whom we trust to move them on permanant contracts. I will assure you that these shipments are watched closely, and should one go missing, our agents retrieve them as quickly as possible.

For you, a relative nobody in the grand scheme of Sirius, to gain the contract to move GateLane Parts would require extensive screening. I ask you also, would you care to be watched at all times?

We do not take pride in cutting profit from the smaller companies and traders, but we do pride in being able to give top of the line technology, that noone else can deliver.

Five million credits to Ageira|Bank, with your transaction receipt sent on this channel, and we can discuss a contract.

Sincerely,

Stephen Drake
President
Ageira Technologies

~Message Ends~
Mr. Drake, I'm finding it somewhat irking how you tend to ignore long stretches of my communications, though I can fully understand that it likely isn't in your best interest to appease every independent shipper you come across. I don't make nearly enough profit off of the relatively small part of my route that involves the gate components to sink five million credits into continuing it. I suppose you won't object to me continuing to supply Pueblo with alloys, as well as Tau-23 and Okinawa with Robotic components then? Those are, after all the other two components to that particular trading stretch, and I'm at least reasonably sure they do not require licencing.

I'd again, like to point out the inextricably key fact that this has been going on for over three weeks before there was the slightest hint of any opposition towards it. Obviously something or someone, or perhaps even a large group of people are in severe error. Nevertheless it deserves some sort of address to prevent such occurrences in the future, and a proper licencing commission neural net page, as I still have not been able to find one.

Thank you for at least acknowledging my queries, and taking the time out to carry on this conversation- it has been a pleasure.

Again, best regards,
Rolane S. Deschaines.
-Incoming Transmission-

~Message Begins~

Ms. Deschaines,

There is nowhere near enough applications for contracts to warrant a dedicated channel for them, or at least not ones we'd even think about discussing.

The details of contracts are listed internally, and all contractors have access to their own copies of the contract; it is not our job, or our intention, to make them publicly available.

Perhaps you are right in saying the people of Sirius need another mind bogglingly obvious knock to the head in order to understand law, and you can take pride in the fact that it was your words to make it happen again. Keep tuned to the SNN for a broadcast within the next few days.

I can assure you I ignore no parts of your messages. Whether or not I find it prudent to reply to them, however, is a different matter.

These offers remain open, if you change your mind in future. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Stephen Drake
President
Ageira Technologies

~Message Ends~
Thank you kindly, and It's certainly been a pleasure discussing this with you. It's good to know that the offer remains open, should I decide to haul larger, more profitable amounts of Gate components. I'll be sure to get properly licensed if I do- It's almost never really 'prudent' to deliberately get on the wrong side of law enforcement.

Though its also good to know that I wasn't being selectively ignored, but rather just had parts of my messages deemed imprudent. I'm sure a fair bit of them were. But mmh- Good luck in return, or course. Until that occurs, or rather if, there really isn't much more to discuss.

Sincerely,
Rolane S. Deschaines.