Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback for Subterranean Homesick Blues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now I'm not sure if the Weather Underground will become an unofficial competition faction for the NLH when .86 goes live or if I just keep the story contained within the forums. I don't know. Alot of it depends on future info & how the still unknown details of the new position of 'Gaian Exiles' will affect the direction of what I'm doin'

Right now, all I know is that I want to finally get off my ass & create some Gaian background history & really start to finally flesh it out all proper-like.

[Image: title3.png]
(click for the story)
Havent had a chance to read through past the first post at this point, but I got to say, I love the counter-culture references.
Glad you do:cool:I've decided to take that whole 'gaian hippie' thing that I hate so much & integrate it as a baseline to build things on. Focusing mainly on the hippie & Beat Poet subcultures while trying to eventually give it a naturally dark, predatory edge. My style ain't for everyone. I personally couldn't give a flying eff about the daily basic communications between pilots on the server...that crap is boring to me. I prefer instead to try & be a fly on the wall during the mundane moments of my character's lives that will ultimately end up defining their personalities.

It's a slow burn, I know. But I'm convinced that it's the proper path to follow in order to achieve what I'm ultimately shooting for here.

I've spent alot of time so far creating a rich environment for some Gaians to RP in with the Green Hell, & now that it's finally gotten to the point where it can survive within the imaginations of some good sports without me, I figure it's time to finally start to expand the whole Gaian Kahuna far beyond that environment & get more into the Gaian Terrorist "frame of mind."

At this point, I am prepared to explain everything from the esoteric beliefs of the Gaian Natives all the way to the texture of their toilet paper.
::checks watch::

As of this moment, consider this thread officially bumped
I like how each entry is self-enclosed, like snapshots of each person. They actually FEEL like seperate people, whereas in other stories, the characters tend to blur together with only the names changing. Im glad to see you doing something with the Gaians; usually when I run across one everything feels so...one-dimensional, so stereotypical, so Captain Planet. I like the darker edge, the discomforting fanaticism. Look forward to reading more.
Love the third post 'Burg, and the separation given to each character works well.
Thanks for piping up guys.:$

:yahoo:
I like it.
Especially that each post, for each character, has it's own tone and rhythm, distinctly.
The newscast pentameter is spot-on too.
Looking forward to more!

*rubs hands*
I like blowing things up - perhaps it's time for a Gaian....
*wanders off thinking*
As always, you never cease to amaze me with your stories with descriptions and words so vivid, I could almost taste that goulash in my mouth (:D).
It was like snapshots from a photo album - each one a unique story with a different atmosphere and the overall 'tone'.

Great work on picturing the "Dark side of the Moon", the Gaian storyline definitely needs something like this. Looking forward to any fruit this story will bear:)
[Image: fruitbear.png]
Did someone say fruit bear?
Pages: 1 2