Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Chronicles of Sister Joanna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: 26219hx.jpg]

The day started with its regular routine aboard the Cornelia Marie, a zoner Corvo owned by an independent Zoner. Its mission, learning more about Sirius and this day wouldn'€™t be any different. Captain Phil Harris shuts off the engines as the ship entered Salina'€™s ring in Coronado to collect rock samples. Little did he know this day would be nothing like his routine'€¦ At about the same time and 3 jumpholes further, at Rochester Depot in New York a Pilgrim Class Liner christened Arkania was preparing to unmoor. This launch wasn'€™t exactly scheduled by captain Rachel Morgan, but a woman calling herself Sister Joanna had promised a 10 million reward if Rachel would take her to a certain ship and take it over.

After the Arkania reached its cruise speed and the auto pilot was set, Rachel had time to give this special guest some attention. She turns around and sits down on the edge of the control panel, facing Joanna who was leaning against the wall next to the door with her arms crossed. She looks nothing like any other sisters Rachel had ever seen, Joanna'€™s skintight jumpsuit with thin armor plating really showed her figure well, the only thing that somehow reminds Rachel about a sister is the Hood that Joanna is wearing. It makes it unable to see her hair, and it also covers the upper half of her face in shadow, making it practically impossible to see her eyes. As Rachel observes her guest, she notices the lipstick, she had never seen it like this. A small square was drawn in the middle of Joanna'€™s lips with purple lipstick and another one about 1 centimeter below her lips. '€œSo'€¦ who gave you my contact data?'€ Joanna looks at Rachel and she answers her, with a very distinct Bretonian accent. '€œWhat I know'€¦ how I know it'€¦ and who I know are none of your concern'€¦'€ Rachel turns around again to look out of the bridges window and starts playing with her sword, sliding it in and out its hull a little each time. '€œSo you are Bretonian?'€ '€œIs it even relevant who I am or where I'€™m from?'€ '€œSure it is'€¦ I like to know where I'€™m known'€. Joanna sighs '€œI believe I pay you enough to refrain from asking to many questions.'€ Rachel laughs and turns around again to look at Joanna, this sister sure has a nice body'€¦ she thinks to herself. As Joanna notices she is being eyed on she gets slightly irritated. '€œKeep your eyes on the lane'€¦ it'€™s your safest bet to guarantee you'€™ll still have them when this is over'€¦ Besides'€¦ we'€™re almost there'€¦ I have no interest in prisoners, kill them all.'€

The Arkania approaches the final jumphole to Coronado and only a few seconds later they arrive. '€œSaid ship should be gathering rock samples in Salina'€™s ring'€¦ I suppose you know where that is'€¦'€ the tone in her voice almost sounds mocking and Rachel turns around to face the control panel again, irritated because someone else is telling her what to do aboard her own ship, she takes a deep breath and starts yelling orders to her crew. '€œSet course to Socorro and takes us into its gravitational field'€ She smirks and looks over her shoulder to look how the sister would react, but she was still at the same place as when they left from Rochester. As the Arkania entered the gravitational field of Socorro they bent around the planet, using both its gravitation and spin to pick up speed, Rachel holds on to the control panel and smiles as she looks over her shoulder at Joanna. '€œWatch and learn!'€ The Arkania gets catapulted out of Socorro'€™s gravity and launches towards Salina'€™s ring at almost double of its normal cruise speed. Almost immediately the Cornelia Marie appeared in visual range, it'€™s crew was to stunned by what just happened that the Arkania had already launched its entering hooks and towed the Corvo alongside, before captain Phil Harris could even order his crew to counter attack. '€œGuard the door!'€ he shouts through the intercom, but only seconds later the sound of gunfire found its way to the bridge, the crew of the Arkania, led by Rachel had already entered. They shot their way towards the bridge and breached the door, Rachel smirks at the captain and shoots the 4 other crewmembers. '€œYou are illegally entering a Zoner exploration vessel, leave at once!'€ Rachel laughs and takes a few steps forward '€œNo can do'€¦ I'€™m not here out of own interest'€¦ or am I?'€ saying that last part she looks at a redhead girl who looks like she'€™s only about 14 years old. Phil moves his hand towards the pistol on his belt, but Rachel is faster and notices, she quickly aims and shoots his hand. '€œYou cretin!'€ Phil'€™s other hand shoots towards the pistol and Rachel smirks, she drops her pistol and runs towards the captain as she draws her sword and chops of his hand. '€œNow die'€¦ slowly'€¦'€ She laughs and grabs the redhead girl '€œand you'€™re coming with me'€¦'€ She turns around and leaves the captain there to bleed to death.

As they enter the Arkania again through the airtight bridge a voice sounds from the shadows '€œI said no prisoners'€¦'€ Rachel looks at the sister and laughs '€œshe'€™s too cute to kill'€ '€œWell I can'€™t afford being seen'€¦'€ Joanna presses a button on her laser pistol, changing it to stun mode. She then draws and shoots at the girl which collapses immediately '€œShe'€™ll wake up in about an hour'€¦ now'€ she takes a small credit card out of her pocket which has '€œ10.000.000'€ on it, she presses the touch screen and it changes to '€œ7.500.000'€. As she hands it to Rachel she practically whispers '€œI believe the girl is enough in exchange for the remaining two point five million'€ she snaps her fingers and to Rachel'€™s surprise 4 of her own crewmembers run towards the Cornelia Marie. She reacts swiftly and shoots all 4 of them '€œGet your own crew!'€ She fails to suppress the anger in her voice, but now it was Joanna'€™s turn to laugh, a cold and mocking laugh '€œYou aren'€™t very bright are you? They where only going to clean up the mess you made'€¦'€ '€œI agreed to capture the ship, we aren'€™t supposed to clean up'€¦'€ '€œNor where you supposed to grab yourself a toy while you were at it'€¦'€ Joanna gestures at the redhead girl and slowly walks towards the Cornelia Maria '€œGet it done'€¦ and let'€™s hope this is the last time we'€™ll meet'€¦'€ Rachel grinds her teeth but then sends a couple of crewmembers over to recover the bodies, 5 minutes later both ships went their own way'€¦ Yet'€¦ Both captains knew this wouldn'€™t be their last encounter.
[Image: 33xal5l.jpg]

Joanna opened her eyes and stared at a wall she didn'€™t know. She thinks for a while to get all her thoughts in a row, she turns her head down a bit and looks into two eyes of a beautiful girl named Concordia, '€œAaah'€¦ your awake'€ Joanna gasped for breath and quickly checked if her hood was still in place, she sighs in relief and sits up straight '€œYou were pretty agitated last night'€¦ did you have a bad dream?'€ '€¦ '€œSomething like that'€¦'€ Concordia gets up and walks to the front of the ship '€œWant some tea?'€ '€¦ '€œhmh'€¦ sure'€¦ tea sounds good'€ Not much was said until they were both holding a mug of tea, Joanna smells it and takes a sip '€œYou like it?'€ '€¦ '€œhmh'€¦ it'€™s good'€ Concordia also takes a sip '€œSo what is it that scared you so much last night?'€ Joanna sips her tea again and sighs '€œStuff I'€™d rather forget about.'€ '€¦ '€œYour last boyfriend?'€ Again she sighs '€œSomething like that'€¦'€ Concordia finishes her tea and runs to the sonic shower '€œMe first!'€ she leaves the door open and undresses, throwing her clothes into the room and in the end her bra ended up on top of Joanna'€™s head '€œoops!'€ the door closed and Joanna starts folding Concordia'€™s clothes, with her thoughts somewhere else she barely heard the singing of the girl in the shower.

Concordia walks into the room again without even covering her body up as she looks for some clean clothes, while she was doing so Joanna walks into the shower, unfortunately it wasn'€™t big enough to lay down her clothes so she opens the door a bit more, making sure Connie couldn'€™t see anything. She first takes the thin armor plating of her jumpsuit and stacks it next to the door, then she unzips her jumpsuit, takes it off, folds it and also places it next to the door. Her panties where put on top of the stack of clothes and her hood she carefully folds and lays it down next to them. She closes the door and presses the button, unlike regular showers, a sonic shower doesn'€™t need water. Maybe that is the reason why she couldn'€™t really enjoy it as much as she normally does. She hears Connie'€™s voice through the door '€œHa! I knew it!'€ '€¦ '€œKnew what dear?'€ '€¦ '€œThat you wear panties!'€ Joanna sighs and turns around facing the wall '€œOf course dear'€¦ wearing a jumpsuit like that without panties wouldn'€™t be very hygienic'€ Shortly after that she opens the door a bit and reaches for said panties, Connie notices a scar that looked like it was still healing, stretched over the entire length of Joanna'€™s underarm, but she decided not to say something about it. Followed by those, also her jumpsuit and armor plating disappear through the small opening between the door and doorframe. At last Joanna'€™s arm appears again and heads for her hood, which she couldn'€™t reach, her fingertips stroke along the fabric but she can'€™t grab it '€œDear, could you?'€ She gestures at the hood '€œOh'€¦ sure sure'€¦'€ Connie hands her the hood and after Joanna had put it on she entered the room again.
She turns her back towards Connie '€œCould you zip me up?'€ Connie looks at her '€œBut that would mean I'€™ll have to touch you right?'€ Joanna sighs and looks over her shoulder '€œFor once I'€™ll make an exception'€¦ or are you waiting for a formal invitation?'€ Connie nods and gets up to zip up Joanna'€™s jumpsuit, she reaches for the zipper when she saw two round shaped scars on Joanna'€™s back, scars that look remarkably a lot like gunshot wounds, she smiles and gives a kiss on both of them '€œTwo kisses to make them heal!'€ Joanna freezes for a moment and she can feel her heartbeat rise, once she calmed down again she turns around and gives Connie a swift kiss on the cheek '€œThank you'€

Connie grabs her agenda and goes through it '€œI have to go see a friend of mine'€¦ Do you want to come or where you going to do something else?'€ '€¦ '€œAlright'€¦ it'€™s not like I'€™ve got anything important in my agenda'€¦ as a matter of fact, I don'€™t even have an agenda.'€ Connie tilts her head in disbelieve and shows Joanna her agenda '€œLook it'€™s handy, it says everything I have planned!'€ '€¦ '€œEverything I need is in here'€ and Joanna taps her head '€œIt'€™s the only place no one else can reach'€¦ Unlike a diary that can get lost and maybe get in the hands of the wrong people.'€ Connie nods '€œTrue, I can'€™t imagine what Gary would say if he read my diary!'€ she laughs '€œI'€™m serious dear'€ '€¦ '€œSo am I'€ Connie now makes a serious face and Joanna sighs again '€œshouldn'€™t we get going?'€ '€¦ '€œoh, right!'€ After Joanna was back in her own ship they launched from Freeport 1, heading to Gran Canaria and Joanna could only think about one thing'€¦ How could this girl break through the shield she had been using to protect her emotions?
[Image: 2yl8r40.jpg]

Joanna opens the hatch of her ship and steps into the Gran Canarian sunshine, after her eyes got used to the bright light she sees Concordia wave at her. She adjusts her hood a bit and meets up with Connie, who didn'€™t even notice the weird way in which Joanna was behaving, she looked around all the time, observing her surroundings and her hand constantly rested on the gun hanging from her belt. Connie takes her comm. Unit and calls the friend she had to meet here '€œUuh Gary?'€ Joanna heard a male voice reply and figured it must be Gary. '€œOh hello honey'€ '€¦ '€œHi! Where is it again?'€ '€¦ '€œErm'€¦ The same street as Sophie'€¦ number 74, you remember, the pink-ish house!'€ '€¦ '€œOh right!'€ She puts away the comm. Unit again and both girls start walking towards the elevator that will take them to solid ground, when they were almost there Connie hides behind Joanna, who had no clue what was going on. An arm appears next to her and Connie points at the elevator '€œElevator'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œNothing to be afraid for'€ She grabs Connie'€™s arm and forces her into the elevator, before she could press any buttons her companion had already pressed a couple of random buttons '€œWhy did you do that!'€ '€¦ '€œI don'€™t know'€ Joanna presses the right button and as soon as she moved her hand away from the panel, Connie presses some random buttons '€œWill you stop that?!'€ After an exhausting elevator ride they set foot on solid ground and Connie just started to walk in a random direction '€œDo you even know where you'€™re going? It'€™s a pink house, right?" '€¦ '€œYes, pink like your panties!'€ She laughs and some random people curiously look at Joanna, who was not amused at all. She grabs the back of Connie'€™s jeans and almost lifts her off the ground, she moves a bit closer and the tip of her nose runs from Connie'€™s neck up to her ear, she heard a slightly irritated voice whispering in her ear '€œIf you behave I might give you something'€¦ Extra'€ '€¦ '€œReally?'€ she tilts her head curiously but Joanna already started walking again.

Just when Joanna started to think about going back to her ship and leave, a pink house appeared on the end of the street '€œThere it is!'€ Connie practically ran to the front door and rang the bell. After a while a man in his mid twenties opens the door, he has green eyes and short black hair he'€™s only wearing black trousers and he looks like he'€™s drunk, Connie jumps around his neck and he catches her with a confused look on his face '€œWhat'€™s this about?'€ '€¦ '€œA while I didn'€™t see you, you know!'€ She laughs and they go into the living room, Joanna invites herself in and closes the door behind her, by the time she arrives in the living room the two were already sitting in a couch, Joanna walks to the window and leans against the frame, gazing outside. She barely listens to the conversation he two other people in the room are having, after a while she vaguely hears Gary ask them if they need a drink '€œI only have scotch though'€¦'€ he left to the kitchen and Joanna sits down next to Connie. Only a couple of seconds later Gary walks in again with two glasses and a bottle of scotch, he fills them up and hands them to the two girls while he kept the bottle to himself. Connie bottoms up her glass at once but Joanna only smelled the liquid inside hers and places the glass on the salon table. Again her thoughts wander off and after a while she picks up a couple of words from Gary '€œI tried to explain things to you so often Concordia but it'€™s so hard!'€ '€¦ '€œWhat do you mean?'€ Joanna clears her throat and speaks without looking at the other people '€œHe'€™s saying you'€™re too stupid to comprehend'€ Connie moves a little closer to Joanna and whispers '€œReally?'€ '€¦ '€œIf he believes you aren'€™t capable to comprehend what he is telling you, then that is equal to calling someone stupid.'€ While she was saying this she barely noticed that Connie picked up her glass of scotch and also bottomed it up. The conversation continues and again her thoughts wander off, until she hears Connie yell that she would be right back, she looks up and sees the two disappear into the kitchen. She remains in the couch but eventually her curiosity took over and she walks towards the kitchen door on her toes, she can hear them talk, well actually Gary was doing most of the talking. '€œI don'€™t care, she'€™s just mean to you!'€ '€¦ '€œBut she'€™s my sister!'€ '€¦ '€œDo you have any proof of that?'€ '€¦ '€œShe says she is! You just don'€™t like her, she'€™s just a shy girl with no friends!'€ '€¦ '€œShy? Last time she nearly broke your arm!'€ Joanna had heard enough and walks back to the window, as she stares outside she wipes her eyes, mad at herself that she could still cry.

Almost 10 minutes later the two enter the living room again and they sit down, Connie stares at Joanna'€™s back, who was still standing in front of the window and wonders if something was wrong with her, but before she could ask Joanna wiped her eyes one last time and sat down again. She felt Connie'€™s curious gaze trying to peek in the shadow of her hood to see her eyes so she looked away. She hears their voices, but they sound like they'€™re coming out of a badly tuned radio until she heard words that cut through her heart '€œI couldn'€™t care less about your so called sister'€ she rests her hand on her pistol again and now is listening intently to the conversation. They were talking about Gary'€™s drinking, how he promised not to do it any more'€¦ '€œYou promised, come on, my sister heard you!'€ She laughs'€¦ '€œI don'€™t care one bit about your so called sister'€. Something snapped'€¦ Joanna jumped up and aimed her pistol at Gary '€œUhoh'€¦ what are you doing?!'€ '€¦ '€œRelax dear'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œGoing to shoot me? Go ahead!'€ Connie jumps up and blocks Joanna'€™s range, Gary who sees his chance jumps up and pushes Connie against Joanna, by the time she recovered her position he had already drawn a blaster and is aiming at her. '€œSo, are you going to shoot me?!'€ Joanna smirks and spins a small wheel on the side of her laser pistol until the word on the display changed to '€˜paralyze'€™ '€œNo I'€™m not going to kill you'€¦ this gun has multiple tricks at hand'€¦ kill'€¦ electrocute'€¦ and '€“paralyze-'€œ saying this last part she fires one shot at Gary'€™s knee, his knee muscles paralyze and he collapses, then she fires another one at his gun arm and his blaster slips out of his hand. '€œDon'€™t worry, everything will be alright in an hour or so'€¦'€ she nods at Connie '€œbe a good girl and grab his blaster'€¦'€ As Joanna looks at Connie, Gary jumps to his blaster and grabs it with his other hand, he aims and puts a hole in Joanna'€™s leg, she collapses and her pistol slides under the couch '€œYou shot me?!'€ The two of them start arguing, yelling threats at each other and neither of them notices Connie reaching underneath the couch.

'€œStop it both of you! I'€™ll shoot myself!'€ She was standing next to the couch with Joanna'€™s pistol against her head. Gary looks startled but Joanna only sighs '€œPut that down dear, take a close look at the trigger'€¦ it'€™ll only fire when I'€™m the one holding it'€ Connie looks at the pistol and fires at the ceiling, nothing happened '€œWhat the?'€ '€¦ '€œYes, now give me her gun honey.'€ She throws the pistol in Gary'€™s face and yells when she runs to another room '€œI'€™m leaving! You happy now?!'€ As she slams the door she starts crying. Joanna who was keeping pressure on her gunshot wound looks at Gary from underneath her hood '€œHave we met before? Wouldn'€™t be the first time I get shot at here on Gran Canaria'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œCould be'€¦ If you would take of your hood I can tell for sure'€ Joanna laughs '€œConsidering you just shot me and are still aiming a gun at me'€¦ unlikely'€ They just sit there for a while, Joanna with her wounded leg and Gary with his paralyzed knee and arm. '€œYou might not like the way I treat her'€¦ But at least I make progress with her.'€ '€¦ '€œDo you actually think I believe you'€™re her sister'€¦'€ Joanna sighs and looks at him again '€œI am every ones sister'€¦ Or do you think I wear this hood to keep my head warm?'€ '€¦ '€œNo I think you wear it to hide your face!'€ '€¦ '€œThat'€™s also one of the reasons'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œI am every ones sister, for we are all children of the great goddess'€ '€¦ '€œAh a religious type'€¦ then we aren'€™t so different after all.'€ Joanna laughs, almost mocking the man in front of her '€œA religious man would not shoot another human being'€¦ then again a '€“man- would face me with his problems'€¦ instead of going to the kitchen to talk behind my back.'€ Gary lowers his gun and rests his back against the couch '€œYou did shoot me first you know'€¦ I just snapped'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œI use none lethal force and to be honest, you '€“did- tell me to shoot you'€ '€¦ '€œDid not!" '€¦ '€œDid to!'€ '€¦ '€œDid not!'€ '€¦ '€œWe can do this all day you know'€¦'€ She rips a piece of the table cloth and wraps it around her legs to keep pressure on the wound, once done she gets up '€œYou really want to know why I wear this hood?'€ '€¦ '€œOf course'€¦'€ Without saying anything further Joanna turns her back at him and slowly lowers her hood, Gary couldn'€™t believe what he saw and by the time Joanna puts her hood back on and turns around, his lower jaw had dropped '€œYou have to promise me not to tell anyone'€¦ especially not to Connie'€¦'€ Gary only nods and Joanna limbs towards the door of the room where Connie is hiding. Gary lifts himself in the couch and looks what she'€™s doing, she'€™s talking to the girl inside but she doesn'€™t get any answers'€¦ What is she doing now? She reaches into her pocket and takes out two small pins which she puts into the lock of the door, only 9 seconds later the door opens and he could swear he heard Joanna mumble '€œnew record'€¦'€ He keeps a watchful eye on the two girls in the other room, they'€™re whispering to each other and then suddenly Joanna gives Connie a long tender kiss on the lips, he pretends he doesn'€™t see it, but a couple of seconds later it was hard to ignore Connie'€™s yelling '€œWhoa! You are a really good kisser!'€ '€¦ '€œI promised you a little extra if you behaved right?'€ Gary took out another bottle of scotch, but he had only just opened it when it shattered, confused he looks at the two girls and sees Joanna put away her gun again '€œYou promised not to drink!'€ Joanna gets up and limbs back to the door, but halfway through the black screen unfolds in front of her eyes and she collapses. Connie panics '€œA medic, a medic!'€ '€¦ '€œYou expect one to jump out of the closet? Use your comm. Unit'€¦ ooh shi-'€œ he looks down at a couple of glass shards that were lodged in his skin. Not more than 10 minutes later the medics arrive and after giving both Joanna and Gary a quick check-up they were taken to the hospital.
[Image: 10wmlpt.jpg]

Joanna opens her eyes in a room she doesn'€™t know, white walls, white ceiling and the glow of artificial lighting. She looks around and slowly starts to realize she'€™s in a hospital, that should also explain the sleepy feeling she has, in the bed next to her there'€™s someone else, a man, Gary? A woman wearing a white outfit, supposedly a nurse, enters the room and looks at Joanna '€œah you'€™re awake'€ It seems her voice has disturbed Gary'€™s sleep, because he mumbles '€œWhere am I?'€ '€¦ '€œAh you'€™re awake as well? Good, there'€™s an annoying girl on the hallway who wants to see the two of you.'€ Joanna moves her arm up to her face and she notices the otherwise so gentle grip of her jumpsuit around her arms isn'€™t there, she looks beneath the sheets and to her abhorrence she'€™s wearing one of those hospital like clothes you have to tie on the back. Her hand moves on to her head and she now really gets mad, they took of her hood?! She sits up and tries to get out of bed but the nurse stops her '€œPlease stay calm miss, you'€™ve lost a lot of blood'€ '€¦ '€œWhere'€™s my hood?!'€ '€¦ '€œYou'€™re'€¦ hood?'€ The nurse obviously didn'€™t understand what she was talking about. '€œI want my hood!'€ At the same time Gary starts to draw the attention of the nurse '€œNurse, did any of the glass shards enter my body?'€ '€¦ '€œOh who cares about your stupid body?! Where'€™s my hood?!'€ She gets up and the nurse calls for back-up, before Joanna could even make one step, two other nurses grab both her arms and put her in bed again '€œI '€“need- my hood!'€ She pulls one arm free from the nurse and hits the other one in the face with her fist. The nurse who had been doing all the talking looks startled '€œMiss! Please calm down or we'€™ll have to sedate you!'€ Joanna sighs and relaxes again '€œAlright'€¦'€ She looks at the nurse with the bleeding nose '€œSorry about that'€¦'€ The two other nurses leave again, probably to have that broken nose fixed, Garry kept bombarding the nurse with questions like '€œWhen can we go home'€ or '€œWhy are we here'€ Joanna got irritated by the sound of his voice '€œShut up and let the nurse do her job Gary'€ As he looks at her he could swear she winked at him. '€œYou shut up!'€ The nurse walks to the foot end of the bed to check the patients information and Joanna whispers to Gary '€œJust shut up and play along idiot'€ '€¦ '€œWhat do you mean?'€ Gary whispers on his turn '€œWe need to get out of here!'€ Gary shuts up and a couple of minutes later the nurse leaves.

'€œFinally.'€ Joanna gets out of bed and pulls the infusion out of her arm '€œWhat are you doing?!'€ '€¦ '€œGetting out of here.'€ '€¦ '€œWhy?'€ '€¦ '€œAre you an idiot? You shot me, you really think the authorities won'€™t come over her to interrogate is? Which, if it happens, will be detrimental for you.'€ Gary only nods and also gets up, searching for his trousers, while Joanna opens one of the closets doors and finds her clothes, she limbs back to the bed and shuts the curtain between the two of them, she takes of the awful hospital dress, unaware that Gary is peeking at her silhouette visible through the fabric of the curtain. Way too soon to Gary'€™s opinion she had dressed up and opens the curtain again '€œNow let'€™s go'€ '€¦ '€œHow? They won'€™t let us go so easily!'€ Joanna walks to the window and looks down '€œLooks like we'€™re only on the second floor, we jump!'€ Gary also approaches the window and looks down '€œAre you crazy?!'€ '€¦ '€œNo, you'€™ll jump first, and you'€™ll catch me!'€ '€¦ '€œWhy don'€™t you jump first and tell me how it went?!'€ Joanna looks at him for a moment '€œDon'€™t let me bring up the authorities again.'€ Gary sighs and opens the window '€œAlright'€¦'€ He crawls into the onto the windowsill and prepares to jump '€œAim for those bushes'€ Joanna aims at them '€œAlright'€¦ bushes'€¦ bushes'€¦ here I go!'€ The moment Gary jumps, the nurse appears in the door again '€œOh my god what are you doing!'€ But he was already gone, Joanna closes the window again and laughs '€œIdiot'€¦'€ She uses her communicator to contact Gary '€œHello?'€ '€¦ '€œThat'€™s for shooting me!'€ '€¦ '€œYou tricked me?!'€ Joanna heard some more voices and then the communicator was disabled. She sits down on a chair in the corner and about 4 minutes later, 4 guards bring Gary back to his bed and leave the room again. '€œMiss please get in bed, you need rest.'€ '€¦ '€œJust let me sit down here and I'€™ll be fine'€ '€¦ '€œPlease don'€™t make this hard on yourself'€ Joanna doesn'€™t answer and the nurse sighs, she calls in 2 guards again '€œMiss, get in bed or they'€™ll put you in.'€ '€¦ '€œJust do it you stubborn B-'€œ '€¦ '€œShut up Gary!'€ Since she still wouldn'€™t comply, the nurse nods at the guards and they pin Joanna down, one of them holds her down while the other one pulls the sleeve up from one of her arms, the nurse pulls a syringe out of her pocket '€œLast chance miss.'€ '€¦ '€œBite me!'€ The nurse sighs and injects Joanna with a sedative.

Joanna was walking through a beautiful garden with all kinds, colors and smells of flower, she dances around the garden and eventually lies down in an open space surrounded by pretty flowers, she closes her eyes. It seems like a distant voice was calling her '€œJoanna'€¦ wake up'€ It felt like the ground underneath her was moving and she moans, turning on her side to make the moving go away '€œJoanna, sweetie, wake up please'€ Hmh'€¦ Sweetie? That couldn'€™t be about her, they probably are looking for someone else. A certain tone of annoyance now crosses the voice '€œJoanna wake up already!'€ It felt like the flowers where pushing her back and she opens her eyes. A white wall in front of her? But wasn'€™t she just in a flower garden? Behind her she hears a manly sigh and then the sounds of someone who apparently is getting back into bed, she stays motionless for a while but eventually rolls on her back, looking at the man. '€œSo you are awake?'€ '€¦ '€œWho are you again?'€ '€¦ '€œUuh? It'€™s me? Gary?'€ '€¦ '€œOh right'€¦ you shot me!'€ Gary sighs '€œCan'€™t we get past that?'€ '€¦ '€œNo'€¦ you shot me!'€ Gary gets up and walks to the window, looking outside '€œWhat is your problem anyway?'€ Suddenly he gets pushed against the window and he can feel Joanna'€™s breasts pushing into his back, her breath down his neck as she whispers in his ear '€œHas it ever occurred to you that I just don'€™t like you?'€ Gary sighs and spins around, grabbing Joanna'€™s arms and steps behind her so she couldn'€™t go anywhere '€œWhy are you so stubborn?'€ Joanna, on her turn, kicks her foot back and hits Gary in the crotch, he lets go of her and collapses. Then the nurse walks in with Connie at her side '€œWhat'€™s going on?!'€ She looks at Gary who was gasping for breath on the floor, and then at Joanna, who had just raised her foot again to kick Gary'€™s crotch again. '€œuuh'€¦ playing soccer?'€ '€¦ '€œInto bed! Both of you!'€ She helps Gary into bed and she didn'€™t notice Joanna who walked onto the hallway, not more than 2 minutes later 3 sets of footsteps approach the room again '€œBut'€¦ but'€¦ I was just going for some fresh air!'€ Two guards holding Joanna by her arms walk in and put her in bed again. '€œYou two sure are trouble makers, now stay!'€ The nurse walks out, Connie looks at Gary, '€œHi!'€ she then jumps onto Joanna'€™s bed and hugs her '€œAre you alright'€¦ my'€¦ sister?'€ '€¦ '€œI'€™m fine'€¦ listen'€¦ dear'€¦ you need to get us out of here'€¦ we just go insane if we have to stay here any longer'€ Connie tilts her head and gives Joanna a confused look, but then she nods and runs out again. Gary and Joanna look at each other and shrugs, not sure what'€™ll happen next, when a Sabre suddenly appears in front of the window. Joanna shakes her head '€œThat girl'€¦'€ Both Gary and Joanna get up and board the Sabre through the window, just in time to escape the guards and nurses rushing into their room.

A while later they all took off from Gran Canaria in their own ship and met up with someone, they planned on going to New London but at the jumpgate in Dublin something struck Joanna'€¦ What was she doing? She had to get out'€¦ Gary tried to stop her but couldn'€™t keep up as Joanna'€™s Charon disappears through the Leeds jumphole.
[Image: 1zg6b1d.jpg]

It'€™s been a while since Joanna ran away from her so called friends in Dublin, she'€™s aboard her gunboat now and as her pilot is controlling the ship she has all time to have her mind wander off and think about everything that happened lately. It probably all starts with her attempt to take her own life, when she ran from her convoy in Dublin she also ended up here, on Freeport 6. She took a room she couldn'€™t pay for and practically trashed it. Alcohol bottles everywhere and a couple of syringes spread across the floor, she remembers hailing Connie from there'€¦ She just wanted to hear her voice one last time, but before she could even put the pistol to her head the Freeport 6 manager banged on her door, because it'€™s been a couple of days since she last paid'€¦ Confused she mumbled her location to Connie and waited for her to arrive.

Connie'€¦ she'€™s annoying and not very bright, yet for some reason Joanna is really fond of her. That'€™s probably also the reason for everything that happened on Freeport 6'€¦ that has to be it. They talked and one thing lead to another, but it was only on the second day she had enough courage to take of her hood in front of Concordia. Terrified of her reaction, Joanna took of her hood and for the first time Connie saw the sisters mutilated head, of course she had noticed the other scars on Joanna'€™s body but this'€¦ The upper half of her right ear was missing and it looked like it got cut off with a rough knife, furthermore her hair was roughly cut with scissors, apparently she had done that herself, in an attempt to make the large burn mark on the back of her head less visible. It reached from the top of the back of her head down to her neck and it looked like her hair was set on fire. But to Joanna'€™s surprise Connie didn'€™t look startled, instead the girl soothed her and after their intimate shower Connie paid for the expenses of the room and they had breakfast.

A couple of days later Joanna finally received the message she had been waiting for so long. Her application to the Temporary Autonomous Zoners got approved, it been a while since she last was happy about something like this and she decided to visit Baffin. Little did she know it would be a short visit, once arrived in the system she met Doctor Holliday and she got a chance to accompany him and a whale from the OSI corporation to Omega-50. Her first job'€¦ she wished she didn'€™t take her Charon for this, jump holes are hell in a little fighter and when they jumped from Tau-31 to Edinburgh she started to regret she had breakfast that morning. Nauseous and miserable they continued, the jump from Edinburgh to Dublin wasn'€™t that bad'€¦ but when they jumped to Omega-49 she also started to regret she had lunch that day'€¦ She chuckles for a moment when she remembers what she said back then. '€œGood thing I didn'€™t have dinner yet'€ And she was right. The jump to Omega-50 was one of the worst and she was only just in time to grab a paper bag when the others heard the disgusting splattering sound over the comms. Doctor Holliday offered her some stomach tablets and invited her, and the OSI employee to dinner back at his estate on Gran Canaria, Joanna couldn'€™t remember when she last had a delicious meal like that, probably never'€¦

The pilot interrupted her little review '€œMa'€™am there'€™s an unknown fighter at Shasta?'€ Joanna looks up and sees the fighter as well, it looks like a Kusari build, she clears her throat '€œGreetings, please identify yourself and state your business.'€ After a while an apparently nervous girl answers her '€œGood'€¦ good day'€¦ uuh'€¦ I'€™m waiting for a friend'€ They chat for a while and then suddenly the girl remembers something '€œForgive me, I forgot to introduce myself! I'€™m Sequoia, Sequoia Hart!'€ Joanna smirks for a moment '€œSo you'€™re a tree of a girl hmm? I'€™m Joanna'€¦ Sister Joanna'€¦ but people call me Showboat, don'€™t ask me why'€¦'€ They chat for a little while again, well actually the girl named Sequoia asked a lot of irrelevant questions and Joanna answered them until she had enough of them, the girl noticed that and apologized '€œI'€™m sorry'€¦ really sorry'€¦ a Rock in a desolate place that officially doesn'€™t exist isn'€™t exactly the perfect place to learn good manners.'€ Joanna looks up a bit '€œWell that numbers down the different kinds of Bretonian you could be'€¦ I only know one kind of people who would name their child Sequoia'€¦ and I heard stories about a Rock just like the one you mentioned'€¦'€ Sequoia looks surprised '€œYou seem to have a certain insight into people'€¦'€ '€¦ '€œIt'€™s not about having insight, it'€™s about paying attention'€¦ But don'€™t worry, I don'€™t judge people by their occupations.'€ After that being said Sequoia invited her to have dinner on Freeport 6 from where they both went their own way again.