Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thrusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
' Wrote:It might be good for moving but it's not sufficient for dodging properly in one direction.
How do you dodge properly? Do you mean strafing?
' Wrote:Order has its own thrusters?

It's a Vanilla Thruster, used in the storyline on some random Anubis-like ships. It's not available ingame.
' Wrote:How do you induce Q_Q in your respective faction feedback by embarrassing the other parties lousy aim? Do you mean strafing?

That is one part of it

Enhanced thruster all the way. Have cheetah's on some ships, but just for show out. Glaze at my cheetah thruster/bs scanner starflea! :cool:I'd get a cap8 on it if I could:D

Always used enhanced, never went below say...60%....ever.
Yes, the only differences between thrusters are their hit points and drain. There should be more variety in them, say - speed.
' Wrote:This opens an interesting oppurtunity to discuss pointlessnes of certain items such as low-grade armor upgrades, thrusters and scanners.

In my oppinion there should be something done to make the above mentioned items more "valuable" and used.

I don't think we need armor upgrades at all. Just buff every fighter/bomber up to 2,5 armor and capships up to 4,0

And about thrusters..

Get an enh. thruster, or at least an advanced one. You'll see the difference if you need to run.
There is a difference when you use a thruster in a 1v1 fight, and when you use a thruster in a group fight (especially if you're being focused).

In a 1v1, periodically tapping it is sufficient, because you glide (if you can glide), yes, but in a group fight, when you need to run in one direction to avoid enemy fire (with 4 shotgunning madmen on your back) you'll find that the enhanced thruster is much better.
' Wrote:Cheetah is just for those who mount cap armors and battleship scanners on their rhinos.

Hauling helium is serious business, you know :laugh:
' Wrote:There is a difference when you use a thruster in a 1v1 fight, and when you use a thruster in a group fight (especially if you're being focused).

In a 1v1, periodically tapping it is sufficient, because you glide (if you can glide), yes, but in a group fight, when you need to run in one direction to avoid enemy fire (with 4 shotgunning madmen on your back) you'll find that the enhanced thruster is much better.
Or even the cheetah one since it has more hit points and more thrusting time. If pirate alone in bomber the cheetah is only way when you need to run from pissed gank of 4-5 miner ships 2-3 gbs and 2-3 fighters.
I also see it very useful on some HFs too. It is actually a bit expensive if you have more then 20 of them but if you have around 10 fighters/bombers it works.
My experience:
Power drain -can- be important if you use thrusters to escape from a pirate who is also in a transport, and engage in a CD war. On standard maneuvering, I've found that I rarely need more then an advanced thuster, though I'll usually use an enhanced version.

' Wrote:Yes, the only differences between thrusters are their hit points and drain. There should be more variety in them, say - speed.
I'll bet you a few mils that everyone and their mother will only use the fastest thruster available and simply feather it. It would cause the need for a cruiser and possibly gunboat rebalance. Cruiser speed is significantly affected by thrusters.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5