Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thrusters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
NPCs only use the normal thruster afaik
I use the enhanced one on all my ships. Even my LSC. I've never lost a thruster to anyone. Think people are too busy trying to not get dead rather than actually try to shoot stuff off.
' Wrote:NPCs only use the normal thruster afaik
Don't they have infinite thruster?
' Wrote:Don't they have infinite thruster?

No.
' Wrote:But I have never lost a thruster.
Believe me... you'll miss it when it's not there:)

It's like Enhanced Counter Measures on a Gunboat. Only thing they're good for is dispelling Battleship Missiles, but one missile hit and it's gone, and then you're pretty much dead...
' Wrote:How do you dodge properly? Do you mean strafing?

Then you'll have 6 people on your arse strafing won't do enough to help you.
' Wrote:Then you'll have 6 people on your arse strafing won't do enough to help you.

*cough* I disargee (sun)
As a trader ... yeah, always the best thrusters for my ships, even if I have to pay some money to repair them after Omega-11, Omega-41 and the other radiated systems out there.
Trust me, it's worth it when you encounter exactly THAT situation when you need one! :cool:
After a couple days trying to get on the Order Guard's good side, I've found that using a Roc with thrusters and with engines "on" works well against NPCs. I also found that my Rogue Gunboat sucks fighting equal or smaller ships using engine kill. It doesn't turn quite well.
Why not give each truster a slightly diffrent look?? All my ship choises are about estetics. since it is in the end a RP server you can escape always if you RP good enough!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5