Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To IMG and Kruger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[--- Incoming transmission---]
[--- System ID: Omega 7---]

[Image: CaptainTorinMarshal4.png]

IMG: Need some clarification. While patrolling Omega-7 we ran into a Hessian ID IMG gunboat. Aside from being a bit confused, can you help me understand why this criminal now commands IMG hardware? If I see it again we'€™re not going to let it leave Omega 7 in one piece, if at all.

Kruger: Potential Hessian risk in the system, they stated they were more worried about Junkers and other pirates. What'€™s bloody going on Kruger? Please don'€™t tell me your people made some kind of pact with these criminals. Maybe its just the one Kruger miner? I bloody well need to know or it'€™s going to be hard to know who'€™s the good bad and ugly out there.

[--- transmission disconnected ---]
****Opening Channel****

[Image: 2vvs308.png]

ID:[color=#FFCC33]Stellvertretender Vorsitzender Johenn Shol
TO: Torin Marshal
Subject:Re:

Guten tag Herr Marshal. I'm not sure in 100 percent about what situation are you talking but I can ensure you that Kruger Mineralien* don't have any agreement with Red Hessian Army. Espacially with [RF] wing.
However if you are in possess of any evidence of that kind of cooperation, please send them to me.

[color=#FF9900]
****Transmission Terminated****

*//Kruger Mineralien I mean only Kruger| members. I'm sure that you know that we don't have possibility to control all indie Kruger miners.
[Image: transmissionopener.png]

Greeting mr. Marshal. First I must say that my answer will not please you. The independent mining guild has ,in the past, ( //1 month ago) been subject of thecnology leakage. The said gunship vessel you identified is known to me. What you call crimnals are what we called back then ''rogue'' .

We had an agreement with their group , they are many of them, to be jetisionned out of the IMG known operations. I am sure you understand that I cannot give much information on them, on behalf of the professional secret.

But, as they enlisted as hessians they kept some of our vessels, thus I am sure they have by now found many uses with them. These vessel however are not by any mean direcly affiliated with the independent mining guild.

However, for our own security, I will not contact any defense wings to start any hostilities with them as they have not cmmited any harmful action againt our great guild. We wont also cooperate with rheinland force on this one as we believe , they can more then deal with it without too much hassle. Our Defence will be limited to the instellations within the walker cloud and the mining fields.

Secret information, or cooperation aprooval could be only sent By either jonhnatan Sander or Ron Materson. The rechearch and developement and defence directors respectively.

Best reguard, Ian Desari
The Independent Mining Guild.

------

[Image: transmissioncloser.png]
**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Kruger, Daumann, mr. Marshal
Subject: IMG rogue vessels
Encryption: Medium

Gentlemen,

I can give you the clarification you require, but I'm afraid it's not good news. These ships are no longer under Guild command. Roughly a few weeks ago there were several incidents with IMG vessels declaring Omega 7 their own, and forcefully removing Daumann and Kruger vessels from the area. When we sent a taskforce to investigate, it became apparant that this was a large prospection fleet that was returning after a three decade long deep space survey - hence the presence of up to carrier-size ships. These miners were unaware of the shifting times, and thought the Elbich and Briesen facilities to have been constructed there illegaly. Understand, these are people that remember the collapse of Rheinlands economy past the 80 year war, but the Nomad War had passed them by.

The Guild attempted to get them to stand down, but we were unable to convince them to accept the situation as it is. With their indication that they would continue their campaign against you, we ousted them from the Guild. We also attempted to disable their vessels, but only a portion of the fleet responded to this command. It did however cripple all IMG based weapon systems on their vessels. IMG bomberwings subsequently managed to disable one of the four carriers they had, in an encounter in the Omega 7 system, but the remainder jumped out into Hessian controlled space. Our strikecraft do not have the range to pursue carriers indefinately - and since the Reichs Militair does not allow us to station our own (which given this situation is understandable) we were forced to break off pursuit.

We received one last communication from these rogues, gloating, and indicating that they had joined up with the Red Hessians now. They also sent an inventory of the surviving vessels. I will pass it along to you so you know what, at most, you can expect of them. Expect them to be equipped with Hessian weaponry.

[RF]Lexx - Zephyr
[RF]Conscience - Zephyr
[RF]Stakhanov - Zephyr
[RF]King.Creole - Hydra
[RF]Heart.of.Silver - Hydra
[RF]Wagemut - Hydra
[RF]Cloud.Miner - Hydra
[RF]Stanley.Tweedle - Pytho
[RF]Carla.Lynx - Pytho
[RF]Lucius.Brutus - Pytho
[RF]Mighty.Flying.Drill - Pytho
[RF]Bobby.Loud - Pytho
[RF]Stanley.H.Tweedle - Nyx
[RF]Kyle.Simmons - Nyx
[RF]Tuus.Genetrix - Nyx
[RF]Stakhanov's.Pride - Nyx
[RF]Zak.Karus - Nyx
[RF]Bobby.Stone - Nyx
[RF]Jack.Darren - Nyx
[RF]Bob.Loud - Nyx

These ships are no longer under our control - treat them as you would any Hessian vessel.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****

// Just to prevent more confusion and unneeded sanction reports: OORPly they have permission to retain their ships. IRPly they do not.

[Image: CaptainTorinMarshal3.png]

Mr. Shol, the question was more of an inquiry not an accusation. I'€™m finding it a double edge sword dealing with enemy forces within Omega 7 and knowing who is a higher threat. That Hessian, at the moment wasn'€™t after the Omega 7 miners, IMG or Kruger, but I'€™m not going to wait for them to choose to do so. Mainly, this was to keep you aware of what'€™s going on in that system.

Mr. Desari. My Employer was once the head of R&D for IMG so you can dispense with the cloak and dagger bit. I'€™m sure common sense will tell you that not even the Hessians will bite then hand that fed them. But, honorably, I'€™d suggest that you look no further than the issues with Liberty and Kusari. Kusari'€™s relations with Rheinland have caused diplomatic issues between those houses. Don'€™t think that because you are the Independent Miners Guild, that you don'€™t have the same responsibilities and eventually, consequences. That'€™s not a threat Mr. Desari, that is just common sense. But here I am a Britionia national flying a Kusari built gunboat as a freelancer. The universe is just full of irony isn'€™t it? I'€™ve heard from our Lieutenant Owens about a Zephyr that was causing trouble within Rheinland space as well. It seems the Hessians are starting to use the technology you provided them with devastating results. Thanks for that. Even a Freelancer has to choose which side of the fence to stay on.

Mr. Sanders, I'€™d also ask you post this somewhere very public. It'€™s bloody hard enough that we have to defend against'€¦.other ships, let alone the hardware patented and designed by the IMG. But, you didn't have to provide this, and it will help. As always we'€™re not to make a distinction. We defend Omega 7 and that'€™s what we'€™re going to keep doing.

**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Torin Marshal
Subject: IMG rogue vessels
Encryption: Medium

These things happen, there's not a whole lot we can do about it. By your reasoning, Zoners are responsible for 90% of the piracy incidents involving gunboats, since it's often their weapons that are employed on these gunboats. But we recognize that theft, and to a lesser extent defection, are facts of life in space. The consequences of these, now ex-Guild members open piracy was their banishment from the Guild. We attempted to destroy the defecting vessels with only partial success. I'm not quite sure what more we can do then that. Do you expect us to start waging an open war with the Hessians over a few ships? It's not like the RM will allow us to steam around with a capital fleet of our own in an attempt to hunt them down. As for your Rheinland/Kusari reference (and I presume you mean the soured relations between Rheinland/Bretonia, and Kusari/Liberty) those were largely the result of willful weapon technology sharing. There was nothing deliberate about this fleet leaving the Guild.

The Rheinland authorities know who they are and will respond in kind to their presence. This information was already made available to the relevant parties - Kruger, Daumann, the RFP, and the RM. How they choose to share this information, or if you choose to, is not our concern. This isn't a secret as far as the Guild is concerned, but it isn't something we'll be advertising siriuswide either.

How you deal with these vessels personally is, quite frankly, not our concern. If you can destroy some of them, you'd be doing the Guild a favor.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****
[Image: transmissionopener.png]

Torin, I am deeply sorry. But I got to say your feedback is somehow understandable. However I did mention my reply would not please you. Your old employer might have been once a key member of our guild. But He is not your employer anymore and Sirus is full of surpise even for what some consider a plain foreihgn mining organisation. We keep our secrets to keep the peace where we have interests. And we owe sucha peace and freedom equally to both parties. You might not understand that concept, but few can really undertand what it mean.

About your irony with our relations and inter-srirans relations. Well yes, its an interesting quote, your mostly right. However you first demanded clarification concerning our operations within the Walker cloud in the omega 7 sector of it. I don't want to insult you or anything , but we will keep this matter as simple as possible. Omega 7, in rheinland space, under rheinland law that's it. And thats not negotiable.

Maybe you do not believe me nor Mr.Sander but, we never gave and will never give our own capital or restrcited snubcrafts vessels to any unstable organisation. This prejudice damaging the reputation of the independent mining guild does not stand common senses. I must ask you to excuse yourself on that sentence you transmitted earlier. It is a thecnology leak, it happens and is hardly avoidable for any wide organisation like us. I think Jonahtan Sander's transmission clearly explained that.

Farewell Captain Marshall, we wish for a better relation with you and your employees.

Best reguard, Ian Desari
The Independent Mining Guild.

------

[Image: transmissioncloser.png]

[Image: CaptainTorinMarshal1.png]

Mr. Sanders:

Quote:These things happen, there's not a whole lot we can do about it. By your reasoning, Zoners are responsible for 90% of the piracy incidents involving gunboats, since it's often their weapons that are employed on these gunboats.

Just like the Zoner guns on my Gunboat. But I'm afraid you're comparing Zoner weapons, to a potential Hessian battle fleet with IMG ships. I also don't see Zoner Gunboats, in force, attacking miners and trasnports. I fear I will, however, see IMG Carriers, Gunboats and fighters doing this. Don'€™t let the wrong doing of others justify or diminish the wrongs of the IMG. I just have a hard time understanding how three Carriers '€œleaked'€ out of IMG hands. With that in mind'€¦

Quote:But we recognize that theft, and to a lesser extent defection, are facts of life in space. The consequences of these, now ex-Guild members open piracy was their banishment from the Guild. We attempted to destroy the defecting vessels with only partial success. I'm not quite sure what more we can do then that.

With IMG being a stressed mining Guild, I could hardly expect you hunt down Hessian forces when even the Rheinland military can't find them all. Sometimes an individual must make a stand for what is right.

Quote: Do you expect us to start waging an open war with the Hessians over a few ships? It's not like the RM will allow us to steam around with a capital fleet of our own in an attempt to hunt them down. As for your Rheinland/Kusari reference (and I presume you mean the soured relations between Rheinland/Bretonia, and Kusari/Liberty) those were largely the result of willful weapon technology sharing.

You should have quite while you were ahead. In the near future, we'€™re going to remind you of this. So I'€™m asking you never to forget the words you just said. And for that, this is all I'€™m going to say in the matter.

Quote:The Rheinland authorities know who they are and will respond in kind to their presence. This information was already made available to the relevant parties - Kruger, Daumann, the RFP, and the RM. How they choose to share this information, or if you choose to, is not our concern. This isn't a secret as far as the Guild is concerned, but it isn't something we'll be advertising siriuswide either.

Then that part is simply my fault for not researching the matter myself.

As for taking out these ships, it's a favor we're more than willing to do.

Mr. Desari:

Quote: But He is not your employer anymore

I do believe Mr. Spire would disagree. He employees us and a few other Freelancers... And I'€™ll say that is one hell of a bloody technology leak

As far as to what I said Mr. Desari, I choose my words very carefully. The full picture may be out of focus, but like all things, they come into clarity with time.

As far as clarification of Omega 7 mining operations, we have two objectives.
One: Safeguard all miners, transports, and assisting craft performing legal conduct within the system.
Two: Repel or destroy ANY illegal, hostile, or harassing vessel.

So if say the Kruger and IMG choose to have another little mining spat, we stay out of it. But say, just off the top of my head, a SCRA ship enters the system, we'€™ll blow it away. Just like we did the last one. We are Freelancers who have chosen one side of the fence over another. And because Mr. Spire has our pay vouchers and our respect, and we have good standing with Rheinland and a cordial business arrangement with Kruger, everything else is just politics. Though this may take you both completely by surprise, but regardless of our joust of words here, we'€™ll put the Vindicator between a hostile and an IMG ship in a moment. Even if they don'€™t want our help. Because, ultimately, I command the Vindicator, and this is what we choose. I feel any more communication from me in this matter is done. We'€™ll keep this channel open a little longer.