Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Virulian Temple (iRP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: patriarchcom.png]
Greetings, travelers.

I have no doubt that you have come far to seek our words and our asylum. It is clear you have surmounted what inhibitions may have been lain before you, for here you stand in our halls. Some of you may be our estranged brethren, survivors of the Phantom scourge. Others may simply be those seeking a brighter future. Wholeheartedly, I welcome you in either case; for to seek the word of Truth at the possible expense of one's family, reputation, or home is truly to be admired. Though I have no doubt that your passage here was lengthy and fraught with trials, I must tell you it was only your first of many.

For now however, take respite. You have traveled long and you are tired.

A priest will show you our guest quarters where you will stay until you find yourself ready to proceed. Your host will be your guide in these coming days; speak to him when you are prepared to discuss more thoroughly about your stay with the Enclave.

°°°

Health, traveler...

Awaken...

<div align="right]You are different from the others...

°°°

[Image: arincom.png]

You have been chosen.
You harbor the guidance of the Creator within you; the Bishops have seen it.
You are to be part of the Virulian Faith properly - dock work is no place for the gifted.

The Patriarch wishes you prepared for duties as quickly as possible. Please answer the following questions for my analysis and judgment.

°°°

Subject to change

Requirements:

1. Skype

2. Willing to learn

3. Likes to have fun and knows when his/her actions inhibit the fun of others (i.e. ganking).

4. Harking back to requirement #2: Must have an ample knowledge of Virulian Enclave lore. We are, unfortunately, a rather complex faction. Members and leaders are always willing to answer questions. We've answered pretty much every one under the sun, so don't be afraid to ask.

°°°

Post this information in the thread.
Basic Information:

1. Your full name

2. Your age

3. Your gender

4. Your profession
(Please provide one to two descriptive sentences regarding this field)

5. Piloting experience, if any

6. Please provide a brief detailing of your personal background.
(One to two paragraphs of any length, include whether your character is Virulian born or an outsider)

°°°

Please forward the following data to Enclave Processing Centers.
(Send to Serpentis, carbon copy to: Magoo!, Cleric, exlibrismortis)

Questionnaire:

OOC Questions

1. Who are you supposed to PM this questionnaire to?

2. What about the Enclave interests you?

3. Have you read our lore?

4. Do you prefer RP or PvP? Why?

5. How long have you been playing Discovery? OR, how long have you had roleplaying experience?

6. Are you part of any other factions? If so, which ones?

7. Do you have any short or long term obligations (either regimen arrangements like classes or variables like work) that we should know about before we freak out about potential inactivity?

8. Do you have a Skype? If so, what is you account name? If not, get one, please.

9. Are you comfortable playing a follower of a fictitious religion?

10. Will you require financial aid in character creation?

In-Character Questions

1. Which planet does the Enclave originate from (not currently living on)?

2. What is the name of the desert in which the Enclave dwelt on said planet?

3. What are the probes sent by the Creator called?

4. What are the tiny machines used on a daily basis by the Enclave called? Where did they come from?

5. Who are the sworn enemies of the Enclave (hint: committed genocide against us)?

6. What is the name of the Patriach?

7. What is the name of the Enclave's spiritual leader (either of two names acceptable)?
Note: The Patriarch oversees the entire Enclave, the spiritual leader is only in charge of his caste.

8. What is the name of the Enclave's military leader?

9. What is the name of the Enclave's spiritual caste?

10. What is the name of the Enclave's military caste (either of two names acceptable)?

11. What is the relationship between the two castes (strong, loosely affiliated, friendly, hostile, etc.)?

12. What is the name of the Enclave's flagship?

13. What planet does the Enclave currently reside on?

14. Who owns that planet and has granted them asylum?

15. What has the Enclave built on that planet?

16. Has the Enclave built anything else on that planet? If so, what?

Reference Data:
Ambrosius walks into the military recruitment chambers, bows low then stands up right at attention. He looks forward.

The recruiting officer looks at Ambrosius with his cold eyes then looks down at his data pad and begins speaking in his mono-tone voice.

Name?

I am Ambrosius Catotigernos, Exterminatore.

Age?

My age is thirty four.

Gender?

I am male.

Profession?

My highest profession is piloting a fighter. I have spend good years training myself to fly a fighter with great skill, so well that I have the highest results out of the class I was in. I have exceptional aim and maneuvering skills.

I see.. Piloting experience?

I have a great amount of piloting experience from my training.

Mhmm. The officer looks up at Ambrosius. Tell me your personal background.

My background.. I am Virulian born.. When I got the age of sixteen, I chose to go train myself in the ways of combat. This was difficult at first but I adapted quickly..even when I was pushed away. Four years later I was granted the permission to further and advanced training. During one of the live-fire exercises, I was shot and severely wounded. I was then treated and as soon as I could walk I began training again. Three years later I was posted at a munitions loading post. I was supervising the loading process when it was time for a break. The two initiates with me didn't properly secure the munitions and some slipped...causing the whole bunker to explode.

Ambrosius looks down and tenses up. His light purple eyes get darker, small purple flames flare out from his fists.

Ambrosius... calm down. Its in the past.

Ambrosius looks up again and relaxes.

Now continue..

Very well. Forgive me. The two initiates were killed in the blast since they were closer too it. I had moved some distance away so I could collect my thoughts. When the first explosion went off, I got up and looked at the plasma cloud. I made my way towards it when more explosions went off... Debris from the bunker and munition started flying in all direction...and I was hit some of them. It wasn't long for help came and attended to the disaster.

Ambrosius sighs.

Most of my bones were broken so they were replaced with super alloy.. and I was gifted with Nanites, as you've seen. During the next ten years, I was put through training to adjust to my new gift of life and it was relatively easy for me to do so. I have great concentration and will to learn. During five of the years, I requested to be trained in piloting. Last year, I graduated with... above average results compared to my classes average.. and earned the title Exerminatore from my training.

This is why I am here before you now. I am requesting to become part of the Exodus Defence Force.

The Officer looks down at his data pad and adds the infomation.

I will send this to the leaders and they can determine if you are to be accepted. Please return to training during this time.

I understand..

Ambrosius bows low and leaves the room.
A few minutes later, as Ambrosius where leaving the chambers, a young female Sentry ran after him, catching him by the arm.

"Mr Ambrosius, Grand Marshal Looke wishes for you to visit him at his office in the lower chambers"

She then shows the path with her hand, pointing down a hallway to their right.
Ambrosius looks at her and bows his head.

Thank you miss.

He looks forward with his eyes set on the path and makes his way to Grand Marshal Looke's office.
The door to the Grand Marshall's office where not much different from the rest in the complex, how ever, it did bear a sign of the man right next to it.

The doors slid silently open for Ambrosius, as he walked in, he could see a man with regular but firm features, sitting by the desk in the room, writing onto the terminal in the desk itself.

"Ah.. Mr Ambrosius, I took a look at your file and wanted to make sure I got to meet you myself."

Looke motioned to the chair in front of the desk, it was a typical Virulian designed chair, comfort being the only real intent, that and practicability, made out of a dense plastic material.

"Please sit.."

He smiled at Ambrosius

"Do you have any questions?"
Ambosius bowed low.

Thank you, your Grace.

Ambrosius moved to his seat and sat down then looked at Looke with his light violate eyes in confusion.

Yes.. Why is it that you wanted to see meet me? I don't understand.. All I wanted to do is sign up for the EDF..
Looke smiled.

"Simple really, I wanted to personally accept you into the EDF.."

Looke stood up from his desk extending his hand to Ambrosia who took it and shook it.

"Also here is the data-pad containing where you will report in.."

Looke handed him the data-pad containing all information regarding his stationing in the Corporis caste.

Ambrosius stood up from his seat.

Thank you, your Grace. I'll report there first thing.

He bowed low to Looke, rose up and walked out the door as it slid open for him, looking at the data-pad.
The Virulian official smiled as disarmingly at the nervous indvidual approaching her desk. He was tall and rangy, with pallid skin.. His head was crowned with scruffy black hair that hung in matted lumps almost completly covering small blue eyes. he walked in an akward uneven manner, that made him look like he was on the verge of falling over. He took the seat before her carefully. Wrapping his long tatty coat around his knees.

Keeping a warm smile on her face she asked. 'What is your name?' The young man, seemed intently focused on his hands which he wrung in his lap. He said in a voice just within her hearing 'Nathan Ward.'
'Ah a nice name' She said whilst noting it down. 'I am assuming, that you are an outsider.' Nathan's head snapped up 'That won't count against me will it. I want to join the Enclave?'. The official detected a note of panick in his voice. She shook her head 'Don't worry, people are accepted based on their merits....Now how old are you?

'22' His right leg juddered nervously.

'I see any flight experince?'

'Yes. However, I must confess to being a really poor pilot.' His head resumed its in depth examination of his hands.

'I see. Can you tell me a little about yourself, and why you want to join the Enclave?'

'Um welll.....I was born on Leeds in Bretonia and am the youngest of four brothers. They are so much more special and intelligent, that I felt superflous and I feel my parents thought of me as a dissapointment. I want to be of use to someone, and I believe in what the Enclave is doing. I hav felt for a long time somthing was missing in my life. I've fritted the early part of my life away and have been a waste of blood and oxegen. I know I have little to give, but if that little can make a diffrence to someone else I should give it.'

Slightly taken a back by his out burst she responded in a starteld voice. 'Oh..well, I will relay your request to those who need to see it.' She stood up and shook his hand, 'I will let you know of their answer.'
A man wearing a long black robe and a hood enters the recruitment chambers and he approaches the recruit. And in a deep voice he asks "Nathan Ward is it?" the recruit nods, the man removes the hood and under appears a man in his early thirties and he seems to have short brown hair, his shining brown eyes look down upon the recruit.

"Hmm I see, my name is Benedict Gasparus if that means anything to you however." "I've gotten all the details you shared with us and I sense you're not much of an army or navy, man."

"So the only option left for you in the Enclave is to choose your path in the Animus Caste, we of the Animus are diplomats, traders and the Creators second hand, the very soul of the Virulian Enclave."

"If you are to choose the path of Animus your spirit and mind needs to be trained, changed from the normal human beings mind and spirit, for we are not ordinary humans, you see down our veins flow microscopic nano bots that we learn to control and use for just about anything your mind can imagine."

He stops for a bit while looking at the recruit and scanning him. "There are two arms of the Animus Caste: Martial and Knowledge, Martial arm are the teachers and students of Nano technology, while the Knowledge arm is in charge of the knowledge the Creator has passed down, however it is also the teacher and the student of the knowledge and also the preachers that spread the word of the Creator into the masses."

"However before you are to choose which arm you want to continue your studies in, you are to be an Acolyte which has to learn the basics of the Enclave and Virulians."

"Any questions?" Benedict continues scanning the recruit while waiting for questions or comments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4