Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: which console should i get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
' Wrote:from hardware compatibility (get the smallest HDD then upgrade it yourself) to the option to run Linux on it (i mean that is sweet, you have an OS on it, completely functional ect ect) to the fact that it won't die on you when you treat it right (keep it dustfree) the hardware is still far from being maxed out...

From the people I know with a PS3 the linux thing is overrated. The rest of what you said however is why I would reccoment a PS3 at the moment.
Wii.

New concept, fun, keeps any friends you might have over happy, SSBB is the only game which could tear me away from my PC (SERIOUS PC bias here)

I tried an Xbox 360 at a friends house, it got the RROD while I was there, not too encouraging :/

PS3, never played and reviews conflict so much it's like one reviewer was reviewing an apple the other was reviewing an orange, but if it's as good as the PS2 it would be my no. 2 choice.
Wii is fun when you have friends over other than that meh. I play my 360 alot more.

However when friends are over the Wii is tons of fun. (alcohol helps as well)

If you do get a 360 it might be worth it to get some kind of service plan even though M$ now covers the RROD for 3 years
I think.
Don't give Nintendo a moment's thought...the concept of the Wii is great because it helps get kids off the couch while playing video games & gets 'em on their feet, & It's a brilliant way to address the general 'obesity issue' we have (at least here in the US) Problem is, Nintendo products are always made to appeal to very young children & if you get it, you will always jones for better, more immersive games. (especially when the other consoles adopt the same 'get off your a**' technology.)

The XBox, although popular now will be obsolete soon enough

& the PS3, although currently unimpressive, will eventually have the last laugh

Consider the future, & chok up the higher price as an investment in said future
I have a 360 and currently brand new Xbox 360 Pro is at $250 USD I believe. For when the xbox 360 pro with a 20gb drive gets replaced(i think) with a 60gb drive that will go back up to $350

I love my 360 was a good investment on my part. Most good games are on it and if you like halo each one is gc enabled which meens you can play them all on the 360 pro.
Buy a 360 now.

and a PS3 later.

Still cheaper than a gaming PC...
My roommates and I own all three consoles.
And I'm gonna have to go with the PS3.
A lot of people say 360 because it has a much bigger games library. But seriously, a LOT of those games suck. There's maybe a handful worth playing, and usually those are only worth a single play-through.
I don't know what all the hype about Halo is.. The game isn't the greatest. It's fun, sure. But one of the greatest FPS of all time? Not even close.

This is the year for the PS3. There's going to be some amazing releases for it. The online capabilities are also way better then the 360. I hate how Microsoft has you pay for a LIVE account to play online (They're now charging for LIVE accounts on the PC, which is retarded.).

But really, it all comes down to this.
Wii = Party gamer
360 = Casual gamer
PS3 = Serious gamer
I've had a 360 for about a year with no problems there was a length of time I was boycotting anything sony completely because of their whole rootkit mess.

But I recently bought a PSP and now I'm tempted to get myself a PS3 as well I'd say it probably is the better console especially if you want it for Hi Def. That's not to say the 360 isn't impressive I've seen thing in games that made my Jaw drop and it's got a good catalog.
PC, I have all three consoles, blus a GC, N64, PsP, SNES.

and out of all that, my two favorites are my PsP and my PC.

simple as that= PC>Consol
Microsoft is gonna release the next Xbox soon. Wait til then to choose.
Edit- Oops, nevermind. 2011-2012. Just get the PS3 unless you want Halo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12