Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Alexander Du Lac, Council; СС: Druce Faolan, NLH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: headerqe.png]
Video shows Sequoia sitting in some kind of dome with transparent walls and a bright, almost white, shining space gliding outside. One could notice that this one doesn't look like Bretonia and even remember that it's called Omega-49 - the place where the most populated planet without House jurisdiction is located. Seemed that Sequoia organised some kind of workspace around, made herself look presentable and finally had a good sleep.

Monsieur Du Lac,

time had passed after our meeting on Marne, the meeting I wondered to have and the meeting that changed a lot in our understanding of changes in the future of all of us. And I expected you to be our venerable guest after that; not the battlegroup, declaring themselves the devil knows who and in addition, the saviors of humanity from alien threats.

I wasn't expecting to see people who declare themselves the only Council representatives ever; I never expected to see the man from Mouvement de Liberation Gaulois the states that he knows no Alexander Du Lac; I never expected Council represetative to declare me and my people the main enemies and promising to destroy us.

Alexander, you are a wise man and you should have answer on my simple question - what is that? Is that a rogue battlegroup that captured a Cryer liner full of synthetic drugs and then decided to spend some time with wh*res on a Luxury Liner? Is that a Royalists' attempt to disguise themselves as your men and provoke some kind of conflict? Alexander, when it comes to situation when my people are forced to protect themselves from an overwhelming force, I always ask myself - why and what for? And for this certain case I can't give an answer.

Why do such things happen?

[font=Agency FB]

---
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
>> Incoming transmission <<
>> Message sent to all senders and recipients <<
>> Communication ID: [NLH]-Nauticus <<
>>> Pilot ID: Druce Faolan <<
[Image: eluveitieasitneverwas01.jpg]

Greetings to ya! This is Druce Faolan of Nature's Last Hope.

Our two organizations arenae strangers since we've already given a piece of assistance to each-other, as well as reachin' a certain level of trust an' understandin' of one-anothers' do's an' dinnae's, an' fer that you have our regards.

However, there is a certain issue of a few chaps walkin' on thin ice when it comes ta performin' actions which go against our ecological interests an' questionin' our actions, all done so under th' Council flag. Th' particular case involves three buggers from GAUL|. I believe a thorough report is needed...

Th' whole debate originally circled a'roond us bein', accordin' ta their words, allied with th' alien race we call Nomads, simply because we didnae destroy it right away because we rather chose ta inquire aboot th' reason for a Council-made battleship, a battlecruiser an' a gunboat ta be in Edinborough, an', to my big surprise, showed quite a negative an' ignorant attitude towards us an' our Zoner-flagged guests, claimin' somethin' aboot us usin' th' Nomad fer some en-pee-see farmin' procedure... By th' time we were explainin', or rather, shoutin, at a loud-mouthed wall, th' Nomad fled, so, case A therefore closed. Now, we've been called many names, but I thought that th' peeps from, or at least bearing th' Council's flag thought that we had at least a bit of sanity enough in us ta be workin' tagether with aliens, nay?

Th' bottom-most line fer us was th' basts claimin' ta have some diplomatic dealin' with Luxury Liner Shetland, th' scrap of pollutin' metal which we've been workin' hard to eradicate from Gaia's atmosphere fer years! Their nerve ta openly provoke us aboot it an' refusin' ta cease mooring dangerously close ta Gaia'€™s atmosphere even after numerous requests, our patience ran out. We initiated fire, an' destroyed two vessels, th' third one hid itself inta Shetland, continuin' ta taunt us, while pollutin th' airwaves with incoherent word-clusters an' bombardin' my private comm channel with open threats.

I ask now, how is it possible that such sods have access ta your shipline an' insult an' openly threaten us with full-scale war? They dinnae fall under yer direct command, as th' fleein' vessel admitted, but I'm sure that ya understand th' dirt that can be brought onto th' Council's ground by such buggers who bring capital ships inta House Space (which couldh've brought you undesired consequences with th' lawful enforcement), openly mock us an' accuse us of bollocks, an' blatantly support th' corporations we've been fightin' against!

I trust ye'll look inta this issue so that we can find a solution ta prevent such stuff from happenin'. I hope th' two ships will be th' last of th' GAUL| ships we'll have t' stop by force from dealin' with poachers an' nature polluters...

Oh! An' since they've already started bragging about their visit Sirius-wide (enclosing message frequency), ya shouldnae hesitate...

Cheers!

>> Transmission terminated <<
Chalons Station: Command Deck. Marne Orbit. Champagne

[Image: 264px-CouncilLogo.png]

Signal ID: A.L.01. . . . Confirmed
Comm ID: Alexander du Lac, General, Council Liberation Navy.

Salut. Before anything is else is said or done, I would like to take the opportunity to apologise personally to you and your people, this....incursion.... into Bretonia was both un-sanctioned and unsupported by the Council High Command, we have only met briefly I know, but I would like to think that from that meeting you would have realised that the Council is not looking to expand it's influence out-side of Gallia - and certainly not into foreign sovereign systems.

My analysts are still going over the data you have sent and would like to point out that the 'GAUL' vessels appear to be fighting in proximity of a civilian liner, new information sent by one of your members, Druce Faolan, claims they even used this civilian ship as cover to escape further damage. These cowardly tactics are NOT endorsed nor encouraged in actual [C]ouncil Capital ships, it is further proof - in my opinion - that GAUL are in no way under the command of the Council High Command.

While I would like to remove myself as far as possible from this issue, I believe it would be remiss of me not to take some responsibility. I cannot dictate who has access to the Councils fleet of capital vessels outside of the actual [C]ouncil - all I can do is put my trust in their responsible usage and my faith that said Captains understand the realities of the situation in Gallia.

As for the threats made against your people, all I can honestly say on the matter, is that perhaps GAUL captains should not make threats beyond their abilities. It would appear, judging by several data recordings I have seen, the GAUL are ill prepared to fulfill such a threat.
If there ships attack again I hope you will contact me so more stringent measures can be applied to re-educate them, as I told you on Marne, I have more than enough enemies to begin with, I seek no more.

In summary, the Council did not approve nor endorse these ships actions, GAUL are not under my, nor the High Commands direct control, steps will be taken to see that such actions do not occur again.

Again, mademoiselle Hart, and M'sieur Faolan, you and your people have my personal apology and trust that the actions of an un-aligned Council group are not taken as a sign of hostility from the actual Council.

Faithfully, Alexander du Lac, General.

*** Transmission Terminated ***

----

Alexander sat back in chair and looked out over Marnes main docking ring as several transports left Marnes orbit and prepared to move to Reims station. On his desk was a scribe pad, containing his reply to the Gaians.

"Bad business Victor....bad business indeed. The civilian leaders are not happy, I've had to draft several hundred civilian engineers into the Engineering corps to help repair our vessels to make up for our recent losses"

"I'm sure the civilian government will cope Sir, a few hundred is not such a great problem is it?" Replied Victor

"Victor, it is not the number, but rather the principle. We do not dictate the lives of others - that is our cause, that is our liberation, this sets a bad precedent, this whole sorry affair weakens me and the [C]ouncil - to the GAUL, I am a hostile presence, to the Bretonians, I may now be perceived as either treacherous or just simply weak - and to our own people - I have just done that which we always railed against."

"Sir, provided the NLH pilots do not enter Gallia and provoke any Council pilots it should 'blow over' oui?"

"Perhaps Victor..." Answered Alexander "Truthfully it would appear the balls in the GAUL fleets court - I am thankful they did not decide to try and enter any further into Bretonia in their ships - but I'll promise you this, they'll not dictate or influence the Councils diplomatic status - and should they continue to bite off more than they can chew, I'll see them burn alone - I'll not risk my pilots lives on a fools errand in Sirius."

Alexander watched as the last of the transports disappeared down the trade lanes.

"Here, Victor, see to it that this message reaches the Gaians and then arrange a meeting with the civilian leaders, I'll need to promise them that the draftees will be returned once their immediate work is done - I'm treading on thin ice here, any more pressure and it's an early cold bath for me hmm."
(//post deleted as proposed )