Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I go by Torment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(OOC: I'm one day old on the forums, been playing for a week and this is my first post other than hello. If this name is taken or if there is a problem with my post pls tell me. Ty)

<<LANE DISRUPTED>>

I grew up in a normal agricultural family in the California system. Proud family and thankful for what they had. I wanted more and I sought it out. I applied and was accepted to Liberty Police Academy, I don'€™t think I ever stood taller than I did that day.

<<SHIP DETECTED>>

I didn'€™t stand out, I wasn'€™t special, except, it seems, to her. It was real and it was true; at our academy graduation party we agreed to marry. We took some leave, arranged a ride on a transport and headed to system California to see my family, and then beyond to meet hers.

<<LOCKED ON TARGET>>

It'€™s a common story; pirates. It certainly doesn'€™t feel common to me. I woke to the sounds of the comm unit. A merc was offering me a price in order to pick me up. The escape pod'€™s time indicated days had gone by and scans showed no other ships within range; I had no choice.

<<SCANNING CARGO>>

There was barely a mention of incident on the news, something so important seemed to go by so unnoticed; there were no survivors. I had a debt to work off and even if I was dead he wanted every credit. I'€™m torn about mercs, he would have left me there to die, but he did save my life.

<<'€¦ OXYGEN>>

Now '€˜free'€™, somewhere in my new found drunken stupors I felt obligated to return to her family, the wedding ring that her mother had given her. Yes I had it; I was having a band made in it semblance and she wanted me to give it back to her when we met my parents. Tough as she was, she was cute like that.

<<'€¦ BASIC ALLOY>>

I found her brother mining in New London and drowned myself in his regular watering hole. He didn'€™t say much, I was too busy screaming, cursing and going on about my usual rant concerning pirates, lawlessness and my conspiracies of police corruption. He literally drug me to his ship, I was apparently starting to cause quite a scene.

<<'€¦ JUMP GATE / TRADE LANE PARTS>>

Her brother, Riker Jacobson, was moving up in the mining world; his job was all he wanted to focus on after recently losing his sister to pirates, just like he lost his father. Hi eyes boiled with hatred and anger, just like mine did. He told me he knew where to get ships and guns but they weren'€™t cheap. We struck a deal, signed in blood; He'€™d keep the credits flowing if I kept the evil dying.

<<'€¦ LPI PILOT>>

RJ also handed me a manifesto/rule book and a waist length charcoal leather jacket. The sword, the sun the wings and the words '€œHale'€™s Angels'€ were sown onto the back of it. It belonged to his father before his ship was destroyed.

<<'€¦ SHIP INDENTIFIED: PIRATE>>

I still stand tall and I do what I was trained to do, with passion. My name is not for others, it is for myself.