Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BHG Message Dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Message to: *new source*
Comm ID: Katashi

No message dump for the free spirited hunters of Sirius to share tales and work together? There is now. I'll kick it off, though not much tends to happen in my arena. We lifted off from Planet Houston this morning, and cruised to New York to go patrolling. Yes, I know...I still have a Freelancer ID. After some recent events, I'm very seriously considering switching it for a full-blown BHG ID, if they'll have me. Anyway, moving on.

A few Xenos in small-fish fighters (y'know, the kind you toss back into the pond) were zipping around...they left us alone, we left them alone. For now. But as I made my circuit, I passed an LSF fighter rumbling with another Xeno. I made some kind of smart-aleck remark about the number of Xenos in New York today, and cruised to the fight. The Xeno was in a well-equipped Eagle, and the LSF in a Raven's Claw. A pretty evenly-matched fight...

But unfortunately for the Xeno, I'm not big on evenly-matched fights. I see an enemy gunboat, I run. I'm flying the weakest of gunboats, and I'm not going up against someone when I stand a good chance of losing. My armor stinks, my armor upgrade is weak, and my guns aren't anything to write home about either. So instead, I'm going to go after fighters and lone bombers, which is what this ship was made to do. It didn't last long; pretty soon, the Xeno ran off into Connecticut.

I get the impression neither the LSF or the Xeno particularly cared for me crashing their little tango. No thanks or money from the LSF, and a "thanks for ruining my fight" from the Xeno. At least I didn't have to listen to any more of their xenophobic wacko-babble this time. If any of you run into John Tompson, just ask him what Liberty's done to him lately...the guy's dedicated to his cause, but I swear the guy's gotta be a few teeth short of a saw, y'know? I still blame the Liberty Ale for most of Liberty's woes. Makes me want to go back home for some proper sake.

Anyhow, I continued my circuit and came across a freakin' Order battleship flying over Manhattan. She didn't stay, but still, that's nuts...to make things wackier, then a Corsair Nephthys came by in the battleship's wake. It sat there, staring at me, daring me to shoot it. I didn't; I couldn't imagine what business a Corsair had in Liberty, so I figured he was probably just passing through. But when he started shooting folks up, I threatened to blow him up if he didn't stop.

And then our friendly neighborhood Osiris chimed in with a cheery "And then, I'll blow YOU up." What a sweetheart. Like a mother goose protecting a stumbling little gosling. Then a TBH bomber came through, all friendly-like, probably because they knew nobody would mess with them while the Osiris was around with nothing to oppose her. So Ren and I decided it was time to leave, and leave we did. End of the story...now, time to relax in a cheap mountain lodge on Denver. The hot chocolate here makes up for the awful ale.