Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Relationships between Indie and Official players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You official faction players alway cry arownd that indies do stupid things that ruins your perfect RP enviroment
(ex. the 2mil or die thing or they kill transports in their caps or they raid liberty with ossies ect.). The question is, why when indies ask you to join you in something you do you always ignore them, how do you expect indies to learn while you ignore them so much?

P.S.: BAF official players are not to blame, they treat indies as equals unlike others
Senor,

No matter where you go, you will find a few bad apples. Don't judge everyone by the actions of a few. We are not all 'anti-indie'. Infact, some groups actively support them.
So much so that Corsairs for example, have indies sitting on the ruling Council of Elders.
I can't speak for many other factions but I assure you that your obviously poor recent experiences are just a small reflection of what goes on throughout Sirius.

C.B

Problem 1: If an indie joins in with a situation that involves multiple official ships, its sadly going to happen this way since the officials will probably all know eachother, and thus will be likley to talk to eachother more.

Problem 2: Depressingly , In the vast majority of cases ( Not all, I'll admit) adding an unknown indie to the situation just leads to bad things. Examples are: Adding to Gank Situations (indie joins already unbalanced fight), ignoring orders ("Everyone target ShipX", "let ShipY go, its pulling out"), and of course distresingly bad RP ("engagguinng ennmy ships") . All of that leads to a general feeling of discontent towards involving indies.

Now, as I said, P2 doesnt apply to all.

If an indie actually took the time to ask me about joining a situation, that would be a good sign
that they were a good indie, and one that would be quite fine to have around and join in. I would not ignore them, unless for example I was engaged and couldnt type.

If I was asked to join a situation by an indie, I would not just ignore it, but I would take a very careful look at the balance of any fight. No-one likes to be ganked (stupid word I know).
Your not always going to be able to join in as an indie, especially if you are largely unknown to the officials you are trying to join. You just have to build up a reputation as a decent player, then you should have fewer problems.

A good way to start is fly with their lower ranks.
Indies brings chaos, i use to avoid them.. (emo)
Players in factions have proved they have some RP ability. You never know with indies. Some are great, some are bad.
' Wrote:Players in factions have proved they have some RP ability. You never know with indies. Some are great, some are bad.

Sure...(sarcasm) Ill agree with that (more sarcasm)....after having RPed out a situation for 20 minutes in my indy navy character, it's always nice to have an "Official Type" show up and say

"U Indy...get lost....we will take it from here"

Great RP for someone one Official. Seen plenty of "Official Types" have Cack for RP. So it goes both ways.
I understand that not everyone avoid indies but from my experience most guys do. I also undestand the reasons but avoiding them doesn't fix anything. Indies aren't to blame about everything, for example, 1nce i was ordered by an official to enter in a ganking fest on the gunkers side when i was sitting outside.

up a reputation: How? they won't let me join them.

' Wrote:Well that basically summarized your intentions with this thread.
i don't get you but the reason i made this threat is couse i am sick not to be respected when i respect all others
' Wrote:You official faction players alway cry arownd that indies do stupid things that ruins your perfect RP enviroment
(ex. the 2mil or die thing or they kill transports in their caps or they raid liberty with ossies ect.). The question is, why when indies ask you to join you in something you do you always ignore them, how do you expect indies to learn while you ignore them so much?
P.S.: BAF official players are not to blame, they treat indies as equals unlike others
When IMG indies ask to join one of the IMG| mining ops, we generally welcome them. Main issues occur with independent players using caps in areas they aren't supposed to (for factions that have caps) or when they because outside the roleplay bounds for the official faction, in essence creating problems for that faction. I'd say the large majority of independent players don't cause problems. But the few rotten eggs that do -really- annoy the core factions.
It's more a matter of not recognizing your skill and RP ability as an indie pilot actually. Members of official factions all know each other, but they will not always know you, so naturally some doubt will be there, because of the actions of some others, so you'll have to take a step in order to show that, yes, you are good, trustworthy, etc etc.

Yes, sometimes Official factions do not approach indies in a great manner, but provided you are good, eventually you'll gain trust. Lemme point you to examples.

Corsair Elders (their ruling council) have independents on them who have proved their worth.

LNS-Assault and his wing has the trust and support of [LN].

The Order has a high command containing both members of Order| as well as independents.

Other examples can be found. You just need to remain patient, and if you are good, you'll be recognized.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7