Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Il Movimento (comments desired)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
At the moment, I have little time for Discovery, as exams are coming up. However, recently I've been having some thoughts regarding an idea for a faction, and as I did a little research into the feasibility of its existence I found that it would make more and more sense. I'll be constructing this faction sheet over the course of many weeks, possibly months. Or it could be days, but that's unlikely, unless I find myself with a lot of free time on one day.

All are free to post comments and opinions regarding the idea in this thread at any time during its creation. I'll announce any updates to this first post.

You may or may not notice, but this idea has been based on Italian fascism, using ideas such as "mare nostrum". It's like this on purpose. So, without further adieu (another note, pretty formatting and fonts and colours will come later, because right now I just want the information):

Crude flag concept (My thanks to Jack Aubrey for replacing the other one)

[Image: partitonazionalefascist1.png]

Background

05.10.817A.S. - Planet Malta - 00:02a.m.

'Senor Moretti, Senor Moretti, you have to hear this!' The young man barged through the flimsy wooden door, very nearly knocking it from its hinges. Moretti groaned in his bed, under the sheet. Morning already? He opened his eyes, taking a glance at the window. The curtains, ripped pieces of cloth hung lazily over the opening in the stone wall, were still drawn. It was still dark outside.

He glanced at the man, who was now tapping him on the shoulder with increasing urgency. Moretti saw him around the compound often, mostly carrying equipment. Pablo could've been his name. Something stereotypical for Outcasts of Spanish ancestry.

'Pablo,' he took the chance of being wrong, 'what is it? What time is it?' He moved his hands up to his eyes to wipe away what felt like barnacles. Sleepy dust. He groaned as he lifted himself out of his sleeping position.

'Midnight Senor. There's something coming over the radio, broadcasting all across Malta. You'll want to hear it.'
Unity of Hispania under the flag of fascist Italy?

Sounds cool...
I want Claymore and Patterson back in Dublin!!! =)

And :

I'd go not too far with a fascist political group because people had problems with the concept of Communism (there was a thread) and I think recent history about the results of Fascism are even more controversial.

Bluntly: As a German, I personally don't want to see Nazi-thinking or terms in a game. When used without sensitivity (and almost no one is as sensitive as Germans in this and many young people on the internet are rather careless) it is really easy to insult people, especially if the historical knowledge is sketchy, etc.

I think you get the point.
Quote:You may or may not notice, but this idea is very similar to Fascist Italy?????

Why the majority of players here permanently based on the concept of fascism??
' Wrote:Unity of Hispania under the flag of fascist Italy?

Sounds cool...
Not particularly Italy. I only used that image with the Italian image because it was the best one available of the, and you'll chuckle at this,

' Wrote:I want Claymore and Patterson back in Dublin!!! =)

And :

I'd go not too far with a fascist political group because people had problems with the concept of Communism (there was a thread) and I think recent history about the results of Fascism are even more controversial.

Bluntly: As a German, I personally don't want to see Nazi-thinking or terms in a game. When used without sensitivity (and almost no one is as sensitive as Germans in this and many young people on the internet are rather careless) it is really easy to insult people, especially if the historical knowledge is sketchy, etc.

I think you get the point.
The idea is based upon certain parts of Italian fascism. Not the actual Italian fascism. Primarily its based on fascism and the idea of "mare nostrum" ("Our Sea", will be explained later, and I need "Our Space" rather than "Our Sea"), and not on any racial superiority ideas embedded in that regime. There's nothing to do with Nazis here. At all. In Communist Russia millions of people were purged and sent to gulags, and there aren't any problems with communists flying around and RPing as communists.

Fascism has in parts of history been a strong movement. Between WWI and WWII fascism established itself in several different countries as the controlling party, and had groups in several other countries. This should be reflected on in Discovery as the power communism held is shown. Yes, communism only made it to the Sirius Sector because of the Hispania carrying Coalition agents, but there's no reason that fascism shouldn't re-assert itself in some way.

' Wrote:
Why the majority of players here permanently based on the concept of fascism??
*Shrugs*
Uhh... What?

Unless you are providing actual information regarding a faction you intend to create, why post it in the first place?

As for the idea, the whole "Unify the 'sairs and OC" idea has been tried so many times before, and to be honest, a faction based around the Italian Fascist Party will probably have even less chance of succeeding, due to the kind of images it invokes.
Fine by me as long as you don't make any claims on the Taus.
Ehm, I seriously don't like this. It's like trying to establish a nazist reign in Rheinland, like evocating what happened in WW2.

And seeing that flag again, it gives me goosebumps. A lot of people died to see that flag down. And a lot of people still fights to get rid of this 'fascist' ideology amongst the italian population.
I do agree with Jack on this.

But i guess i'll wait to see more infos about this.
I don't see why we can't have fascist faction around when we have commie around as well.

To be honest communism the same crimes as did fascism if not more.
Pages: 1 2 3