Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A visitor aboard Oathkeeper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Jeremy sat in the command chair onboard the Oathkeeper. At the helm, Aqua manuvered the massive ship past Leeds, slipping quietly by the Derby, its sensors failing to pick up the Oathkeeper.

"Major, the reflective armor is working perfectly. No one has spotted us."

Jeremy glanced at Rei Ikari, his sensor operator. Fresh from basic, Rei took over the position after Lance Arrow took over weapons. Nodded, he signaled Aqua to commence the jump to Magellan. The engines glowed brightly as the Jump-Drive was initiated. A slight tug was felt as the Oathkeeper was jerked foreward. The windows polarised to block of the glare from the jump. Whe'dn they had unpolarised, the dark space of Magellan greeted them.

------------

The Oathkeeper slowed to a stop. Cutting its engines, the battleship sat among the rocky nebula. Standing, Jeremy barked out his orders.

"All critical systems are to be locked, seal all essential areas, and I want SPARTAN teams Saber at Hanger Nine and Blue team at Seven. Aqua, you have the bridge. Lieutenant Ikari, with me. You get to carry papers." Grinning at her, he waited for her to join him walking slightly behind him, he headed to hanger Two, where four Bastets and two Srkhmets sat.

"Launch all ships in hanger two on combat patrols in a ten kilo radius."

Twenty minutes later, the two stood alone. Jeremy leaned against a wall and waited for Alex Drake.
Alex flew out of the ice fields coming to a holding pattern near the massive ship that was the Oathkeeper. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous as hell. He opened up a communication channel to the Oathkeeper and flicked his hair out of his eyes.

"This is Alex Drake to the Oathkeeper, requesting permission to dock over." He requested calmly continuing to keep his Eagle in a holding pattern.

Here we go He thought to himself.
After giving Drake thirty seconds of silence, Aqua responded.

"You are clear. Follow the lights to hanger two."

The hanger doots opened downward. Red lights marked a trail through one hanger that had four fighters and two bombers. Drake's Eagle would then enter a hanger, empty of ships but two figures stood, waiting for Drake to land.

Crossing his arms, Jeremy detached himself from the wall.

"Rei, this never happened. Got it? Sort this into Wedjat's never to ser the light of day category." Drumming his fingers on his leg, Jeremy brought up the HUD on his clear glassed headset.

"Good. Namine and Xion already have most of our processing power set aside."

Jeremy waited for Drake.
"Roger that Oathkeeper, going now, Drake out." He carefully guided his Eagle into the massive ship's hangars and went through all the usual shut down routines before popping the hatch and jumping out of the ship with a brown back pack in tow.

He spotted Jeremy and quickly made his way over to him.

"Mr. Hunter I presume?" He extended his hand towards Jeremy. "I am Alex Drake and it's a pleasure to finally meet you face to face." He cast a quick glance at the woman with Jeremy and flashed a brief smile before turning his attention back to Jeremy.
Jeremy shook his hand.

"Welcome onboard the Order Capital Vessel Oathkeeper. Yeah, I'm Hunter. Call me Jeremy." He grinned. "This is Lieutenant Rei Ikari. She'll be the one who deals with carrying paperwork."
Jeremy sighed. "Son't tell anyone about this. Last thing I need is the guys with the fancy hats hatin' on me." He grinned again. He motioned down the hall. "Where do ya nees to be?"
Alex rubbed his eyes and followed Jeremy.

"Pretty much any kind of connection to the mainframe or network or any place where I can interface my laptop with the Oathkeeper's computer systems and processing power should work. So that would be most of the connections ports on the ship and I'm assuming you have tons so just get me to the closest or most conveniant one and it should work perfectly." Alex replied trying not to sound like to much of a computer geek.

"By the way, she's bloody beautiful." Alex commented on the ship itself.
Jeremy grinned.

"Thanks. I reworked the interior myself. The only Osiris that can claim to have a park."

Jeremy motioned for him to follow. "Closest convienent place is my quarters. I made sure there are no cameras."

Jeremy lead the way, Rei staying behind Drake as they walked. When they arrived, Jeremy keyed it open.

Video game posters covered the walls, statues of old Earth video games were prminent. A sole picture of Jeremy and a blonde girl was pn the desk next to a terminal. Jeremy motioned to the terminal.

"Good luck. And dont do anything to annoy the AI: They are smart aleck."

Jeremy dropped onto the bed, putting his hands behind his head. Rei stood by the door.

"Oh, and if you need more proccessing power, we can try and free up more."
Alex sat down and plugged in his laptop.

"I seriously doubt I'll need more processing power." He commented booting up his laptop. He quickly connected to the Oathkeeper and initiated a firewall bypass to get at the case file that contained the video. He glanced at the ETA... five minutes.

"You into old Earth culture or just the video games?" Alex asked being a fan of Earth music himself.
"Both." Jeremy stared at the ceiling. "My mom had to send Izzy or Rika up to my room to get my lazy rear out of bed, or off the computer."

Jeremy points to another picture showing an 11 year old girl with rrd hair holding a light brown rabbit.

"Thats Rika. Izzy's the blonde."

Jeremy sighed, thoughts bombarding him.
Alex chuckled.

His computer beeped to signal it had bypassed the firewall and he momentarily turned his attention back to it and began working on the video file.

"See for me I've always been into old Earth music. Some of the video games are pretty fun too though."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9