Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ageira announces new President!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planet Los Angeles, Liberty

Today, Ageira Techologies announced the promotion of Vice President Thaddeus Gideon to company President following the death of the previous President, Stephen Drake. President Drake died when his personal Luxury Liner collided with the Kusari Emperor's Yacht during a business trip to the House of Kusari. Shortly before his passing, President Drake suffered from a sudden mental breakdown, and was heard vowing that he would 'go down in a blaze of glory'. The collision was believed to be caused by the use of a previously unknown override code on Drake's ship. Rumours persist as to intentional sabotage by Mr Drake, but the company maintains it was simply a terrible accident. Emperor Jien Kogen was unharmed.

When interviewed, President Gideon had the following to say:

"Mr Drake did wonderfuls things for Ageira, and for Liberty. I grieve deeply to see him pass away like this. I am honoured to be here to fulfil his legacy, and to guide our corporation to a bright future in technological development."

Later, Chief of Public Relations, Andrew Kamberg stated:

"Thaddeus has the absolute support of the entire board of directors. Previously, he and Stephen had just a functioning relationship, but over the past few years, he's grown to become the right hand man of Mr Drake. After this tragic accident I am sure he will step up to the task of being the President of Ageira Technologies."

Shortly after the incident, Ageira stock prices plummeted a whopping 3.9%. They have since regained their former standing.