Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Only a Future - Fletch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--ACCESSING REMOTE TERMINAL--

--ACCESS GRANTED--

--LOADING DATA--

--DECRYPTING--

--READY--

>>Access Personal Log

>>Access Granted - Select Entry...

>>View Entry - Personal Log Entry 1

>>Loading...

>>Message Loaded:

I can't remember who I am, much further than I woke up on the Barrier Gate Station in Coronado. The only semblance of my past was the word Fletch printed on my flight suit. It's the name I've taken now, assuming it was my name before.

The people who brought me here were just a couple of freelancers. They didn't know much other than they found my pod badly damaged floating in space. They say I was in the midst of the wreckage of several ships. Through further questioning, it's safe to assume my last flight was a huge run in with the Liberty Navy, and I took down several with me. I don't know what happened before, but I know at least they aren't on my side.

I've managed to end up with a Bactrian after a lucky run-in with a drunk pilot. I'll be taking it out to a station I heard rumors of, Alkatraz. It's supposed to be a safe haven for a guy like me, with nearby potential for... profit. Maybe I can pick off a few unlucky traders, and make a new future to replace my past lost.

-Fletch

>>Message End

--REMOTE CONNECTION TERMINATED--

--ACCESS GRANTED--

--LOADING DATA--

--DECRYPTING--

--READY--

>>Access Personal Log

>>View Entry - Personal Log Entry 2

>>Loading...

>>Message Loaded:

Well, those guys were right about Alcatraz. The guys here keep their nose to themselves, as long as I'm just another paying customer. I think this will probably make a nice home for a while.

It isn't too bad on the profit front, either. There's a nearby trade lane with quite a bit of traffic. I managed to have a gate down when a lone trader wandered across my camp. I normally ask 2 mil for passage, but I was in a good mood, so I let the guy haggle me down to 1.5. Then the guy got cocky.

I assume he was stalling for backup to arrive, but he just wouldn't hand over 1.5 mil. He offered me 500k, and then 1 mil. I got bored of him fast, and brought him down to 10 percent hull. That woke him up. He handed over the 1.5 mil, and I went on my way. Not a moment too soon, either, as a Navy vessel came warping in right as I left.

I'll never forget that trader's last words before I left comm range... "Idiot Pirate."

This idiot just got a little richer. Maybe tomorrow will be just as good.

-Fletch

>>Message End

--ACCESS GRANTED--

--LOADING DATA--

--DECRYPTING--

--READY--

>>Access Personal Log

>>View Entry - Personal Log Entry 3

>>Loading...

>>Message Loaded:

Today was a bag of mixed blessings, but overall I'd say it went pretty well. I got in real good with the Liberty Rogues living on base here, and made a new friend. The guy pilots a gunboat, and let me just say that thing packs a punch.

We cut down a trade lane together, and the first guy we stopped didn't even protest. He practically threw his money at us and got the hell out of there. Suddenly, the Navy closed in on us. Seems big ships attract other big ships. We had a whole fleet tail us back into the ice field, but I was able to get back to base and man a defense turret to fend them off. Later on I wasn't so lucky.

We let the locale calm a little before heading back out to the trade lanes. We finally set up shop, and an unlucky police transport found us. He opened fire immediately on me, but I positioned behind his engine where he couldn't hit me. I kept him disabled as we opened negotiations. After about 5 minutes of making demands with him non-responsive, he cut a run for it. I got my first kill. He went down in a glorious blaze, and I was cleaning up and about to head out. That's when I noticed a Navy ship on my radar.

Before I knew it, several large navy ships had dropped right on top of me. I cut my engines and tried to glide out on my thrusters, knowing they would disrupt any attempt at cruising. I made it just to the edge of the asteroids before the whole show opened up on my poor freighter. As they blew holes in the exterior, I managed to crash the burning hulk into a dense pocket of asteroids and elude them.

A few hours went by, before a roaming Rogue patrol found me and picked me up. They towed my remains back to Alcatraz, and dropped me off in an empty bay. Looks like I get to spend the night making repairs. Luckily, scrap metal comes cheap around here.

-Fletch

>>Message End

--ACCESS GRANTED--

--LOADING DATA--

--DECRYPTING--

--READY--

>>Access Personal Log

>>View Entry - Personal Log Entry 4

>>Loading...

>>Message Loaded:

Apparently I learned well from yesterday's encounter. If I hadn't, I would be spending another long night in the repair station covered in bandages. I can't say the same for others I had the pleasure of meeting.

It started off with a routine trade blockade. Transports slowly filtered through, and I made a few small scores. Suddenly an Outcast fighter lands in my trap. I greet the guy, and tell him sorry for the inconvenience. I consider myself fairly neutral with Outcasts.

Next thing I know, though, a fat transport follows right in after him. I get excited and pounce immediately. The Outcast sticks around, probably to help me out and get a cut of the 'tax.' Suddenly, the new alarm I installed in my scanners started blaring. I didn't even look, I just turned and high-tailed it out of there.

Sure enough, a lone Navy fighter dropped in on us. I blasted a fairwell over comms as I beat a hasty retreat, but the Outcast seemed more than ready for a fight. The poor fool was winning, until a full Navy patrol came rolling through. Apparently that other guy was just a forward scout.

I'm not sure what ever happened to that Outcast, as about that time I landed and hit the bar at Alcatraz to get some heavy thinking out of the way. I've been investing some of my cash in a few capable traders, and it seems to be paying off. With all the new found spending power, I am beginning to gain new ambitions of an upgrade out of this Bactrian. It's treated me well so far, but I've had my eye on a ship ever since I hit Montezuma for some spare parts. This beauty they call the Pirate Freighter would suit me nicely. Plenty of firepower and room for all the loot of those who decide they don't need to pay a 'trader' to pass through a trade lane.

Hopefully my investments pay off a little more, or I get a couple more big scores. I'm about 10 mil shy of fully buying and fitting one out right now, but I can already feel the anticipation from flying one.

-Fletch

>>Message End

--ACCESS GRANTED--

--LOADING DATA--

--DECRYPTING--

--READY--

>>Access Personal Log

>>View Entry - Personal Log Entry 5

>>Loading...