Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: They are here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NORP

[color=#FFFFFF]Chapter I The beginning was only the beginning

Once upon a time in the solar system. The Alliance just launched their Sleeper ships.
The plan of the NORP seemed to have failed as they needed one of them to launch their own sleeper sh..well..vessel. sleeper vessel.
But they had luck. A spy almost forgotten contacted them via cell phone.

SPY: Hi
The greatest action hero ever lived: Hi, Spy.
SPY: I have good news. You cant imagine what the frenchies here are doing.
The greatest action hero ever lived: They surrendered?
SPY: yes. but beside that, they built their own sleeper ship..in secret. It has not launched yet and i have the coords.
The greatest action hero ever lived: Good work. We will be on our way.

Their vessel was finally ready and they moved it to the hidden base of the gallia sleeper ship.
So all the hope now lies on something that was built by the french. It was a dark day for the NORP.

On their way they bought something very important for their cause:

[Image: 7506811052-Bergungsgurt.jpg]

A tow line.

With the help of Mr. Spy they managed to fix the tow line between the gallia sleeper ship and the NORP sleeper vessel.

Now the NORP waited for the gallia to launch.

After 9 days finally the frenchies finished all preparations and were making themselves ready to start

After another 4 days then the countdown.

A lot of loud noice and smoke everywhere. The Plan worked. The sleeper ship was against all odds lifting.
Towing the NORP vessel with it into space.
All seemed to be perfect now. What should go wrong? The german high quality tow linked the two ships together like they were one. And so the journey started.

After about half an hour in space the Gallia prepared its engines to some sort of super cruise speed.
All NORPs onboard had a bad feeling about this.
Suddenly the sleeper ships' engines went bright and with a tug it acclerated.
The ship acclerated. Not the NORP spacecraft. Due to sudden increase of heat and power the bolting on the gallia had a breakaway. And so the NORPs were cruising not very fast and alone towards an unknown destination...

[Image: spaceballsship.jpg]

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%]Chapter II Contact after a long Journey.

Soon our heroes knew why the other Sleeper Ships had faster engines. The advantage of this was obvious.
After a few hours the first crew Members asked how long this ride is still going.

After a day some complaint about the chairs.

After two weeks the boredom aboard the vessel was getting a real problem.

After 2 months everyone got used to it.

After 6 months the NORPs begun to wonder if they would ever meet any other people again.

And they would!

after ~ 820 years something appeared on the radar.

[Image: SpaceBalls.jpg]

Radar Guy: Sir. we have some contacts here.
Greatest action hero ever lived: What is it? Asteroids? Star Dust? Another malfunction of the Radar?
Radar Guy: No sir. It seems to be a fleet of unbelievable huge ships. far bigger than the sleeper ships and they are gathering around some gigantic ring.

All NORPs aboard were looking at the Radar Guy.

Radar Guy: According to the radar they are....

The Radar Guy jumped up and ran to the windshield. The others followed.
And they really could see them. Numerous ships the seize of planets and some big metal ring in their mid.

Greatest action hero ever lived:
Open a comlink.
Radar Guy: eh. sure. just a moment.

after 10 minutes all was set.

Radar Guy: ok should work now. We are live in 3, 2 , 1
Greatest action hero ever lived: This is Dakun of the NORP to huge ships. Do you read?

... silence...

Then after a few minutes, some whisper came over the channel:

unknown man: ...*rshhshhhh*...my lady, i know that sounds weird but i think we are getting contacted by a scrap metal.
unknown woman: Let me see.

...silence...

after a few minutes the comlink device in front of Radar Guy starts blinking.

Radar Guy: incoming Transmission, sir.
Greatest action hero ever lived: Put it on screen!

Radar Guy pushed two buttons and a woman appeared on the central television screen in the cockpit.
She looked a bit confused.

[Image: norpori.jpg]

Woman: This is Adria of the ORI aboard the mothership Xedilian. Would you please identify yourself.
Dakun: We are the NORP. You are the first living being we have seen for a long time. Are there more Humans out there?
Adria: Next would be the Sirius Sector but i think in that thing it will take you a year to go there. so maybe you should return to where you came from.
Dakun: ehm..a year? year is good. you wouldn't mind to tell us the location would you?
Adria: No, but do not expect a warm welcome there. The inhabitants are rather unfriendly so you will need to do something with your...mobile comlink device.
Dakun: Yes this is...just our exploration vessel...ehm..You don't sell ships, do you?
Adria: hmm...we will help you. Prepare to dock your "exploration vessel" on our ship.

The ORI Mothership was fascinating. They were shown around by a "prior" called Mordren.
He explained that the ORI have been to this sirius sector already. But deemed it unworthy.

They stayed a week, learned many things about the Sirius Sector and the ORI agreed to help them getting there. It seems that it would not take a year but only a few seconds due to this huge steel ring they ve seen. The ORI called it Supergate.

So finally they launched with some food (they ran low during the journey), a few billion sirius credits (money given by the ori) and some leather bound books.

Dakun: Lets take the gate then.

he flew the ship directly in the middle of the great ring and took it to the other side....

now they stood 100m further on the other side.

Dakun: something went wrong.
Radar Guy: incoming transmission

Transmission Speakers: ## this is Prior Vagonbrei, stand by until the gate is activated ##

a few seconds later the gate segments started to light up and as they formed a ring a huge blue explosion looking like water filled the inner circle.

[Image: 4034117_3.jpg]

Transmission Speakers: ## Now you can go through. good luck. ##

Second attempt was successful, as the ship went through the blue horizon it disappeared.

Chapter III Arrival in Sirius

The ORI technology and the NORP vessel did not match too good and so the ship was literally fired out of the gate on the sirius side and shot in an amazing speed through the systems.

The last thing the NORP crew remembered before fainting was the fast appearing sight of something that looked like a Monastery.
The impact of the vessel destroyed almost the whole Monastery of the Yoshiwara Patrons.
But nonetheless, the patrons took care of the injured NORPs and helped them to regain strength.
Most of the money could be saved and also the leather bound ORI books turned out to be very fire resistant.

[Image: Turkey6.jpg]

So finally they found a new place to live. No need to look for the sleeper ship anymore...

Chapter IV Revenge

After the patrons decided to build up a new monastery their colony ship was destroyed by kusari traitors.
As their attempt to assassinate the leader called "emperor" failed and only the minor worms could get killed, the yoshiwara left the place.
But the NORPs decided to take revenge for their killed friends and after reading the book of origin, they also decided to take revenge on everyone.

The NORPs - half human - half alien - and half something else.
three halfs - what a species!

The time of eternal madness will come.

[color=#FFFFFF]Chapter V Let's get outta here!

5 days after their departure from Junyo with the overall goal to revenge anyone...the NORP elders met again on their secret space station:

[Image: NORPgathering.jpg]

Elder 1: Good day. Thank you all for coming to this secret meeting on our secret base. Glad to see the open transmission reached many of you.
Elder 2: *whispering to E1* i don't even know the half of them. Since when we were so many?
Elder 1: *whispering to E2* yes, you are right. Maybe some spies have come too?
Elder 2: May i ask who of you is not part of the NORP and only here out of curiosity or spy tasks?

~80% of the audience raised their hand

Elder 3: gtfo

as finally only the real NORPs remain in the room, the meeting started.

Elder 1: We come here today to talk. Many of us thought that we finally found a new home. Full of people and a chance to build up a new civilization.

Elder 2: But as you have surely noticed these people are different from us and any humans we ever met before. That is why we now need to discuss what our next step is. And we have a proposal. a solution even. Many of you will not like it but the way it currently is, it can not stay!

*silence*

Elder 3: BUMP

Elder 1: Elder 4? please continue.

Elder 2 placed the hand on elder 1s shoulder.

Elder 2: *whispering* He is dead.

Elder 1: Ah ****. ok then i will continue. Where d we stopped?

Elder 2: Elder 3 bumped the conversation.

Elder 1: Nah before that?

Elder 2: our secret plan to rescue our species.

Elder 1: ah right! Well we all know that these people here are not the only one in space! There are the ORI, maybe we can team up with 'em

out of the audience: Nooo. Next to their greatness most of us get a complex. Why not looking for some underdeveloped prehistoric society where we can feel better than everyone else? And we would not need to travel long distances for we can join the KNF right here!

Elder 2: *shouts* NORPs Hear meee! I know you are afraid of another long journey in space. BUT we have build something in secret in our secret secrets-manufactory! Something than will allow us to travel much faster than before and with its help we can leave this sector and find a new home somewhere else, with people like us...maybe. What say you?

Elder 1: I say give it a try. It cant get much worse!

Audience: YEEES! Do it!

Elder 3:
elder 1 Wrote:I say give it a try. It cant get much worse!
This.

Elder 1: Very good. Follow me then to our secret hangar of this secret space station and i will show you the future of NORP technology.

They all left the room and followed Elder 1.

after 20 minutes Elder 1 finally found it and the group entered a secret door.

In the middle of the big hangar stood something covered in a huge piece of cloth.

As all were lined up in a semi-circle around it and the three elders, they noticed that two didn't make it.

Elder 1: *whispering to E2 and E3* We lost two already...maybe we should cancel the strip- and laser light show.

Elder 2: *whispering to E1 and E3* I agree. It is too risky, but maybe without the laser light show it would...

Elder 1: *whispering to E2 and E3* No! We need to concentrate on the mission!

Elder 3: *whispering to E1 and E2* +1

Elder 2: kk no striptease show then, ill send the girls home.

audience: STRIP TEASE? *slobber*

Elder 3: *facepalm*

Elder 1: No! Noooo! Not that kind of strip tease...just strip..down..the..the cloth..from the thing...to reveal our future...to you.

audience: ahhhhhh.

Elder 3: *thumbsup*

Elder 1: So. Lets start the presentation then. I am sure you all remember our sleeper vessel.

they did.
Quote:[Image: spaceballsship.jpg]

Elder 2: We reconstructed it from the parts we found inside the monastery. But not only that, we developed it further. Its faster, has more cargo space and a fridge!

*applause*

Elder 1: But it is not a simple Sleeper Vessel 2.0 Nooooo it is so much more, new navigation system, new interface, new everything. It rocks. But enough of the talking.
See for yourself
Welcome to the future.

Ladies and Gentlemen

*the piece of cloth was lifted by E2 and E3*

I give you...

the

iLEAVE

[Image: aerodynamiccrazycustomvanjapanesespacesh...835f_h.jpg]

*thundering applause*

And so the NORPs began another journey in order to find a new home.

<span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%][color=#000000]THE END

[Image: 1288768878837.gif]
[Image: joker-sarcastic-clap1.gif]
BRAVO!!! All hail the NORP!!
[Image: ffd8hx.jpg]