Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Lost and Damned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For all that time Christine was listening to other people, obsessed with the thoughts of her own, but Elria's words got her attention.

"Pardon, but I have something to say too. I agree with Elria, we will have to modify the design, but for some other reasons. I doubt we'll be able to get all the components needed. We will have to replace some parts for sure, since it'd be hard to put our hands on the most advanced technologies available to the Royal Navy. Even our contacts won't be able to help much, especially while we have almost no contact with the Core Worlds.

Besides, if you want to entrust les Maltese with the task of building such a vessel, I must raise one more point. I doubt that they will be able to follow the project to the point, since they don't know much about Gallic technology. I don't question the abilities of their constructors and engineers, although I saw their work only once or twice. What bothers me is a possible difference in Sirian and Gallic technologies. So anyway, the project will have to be modified significant.

Et the last point: why do we need such a vessel? It looks like a warship. For l'argent we will be wasting on this one, we'd be able to construct several Asco gunboats or many more Jaguar bombers. Please, tell me why you consider this investment the best."
Enzo stood up and watched the group.

"These are very reasonable concerns of yours and I will answer you."

He took a step forward. "Bien sur, the design will have to be impoved as it is possible. But there won't be many changes. About les weapons...well, the ones who will "lend" us their shipyard will also show us how to create our own turrets, ou they will provide us with ones. C'est the least problem."

Enzo did not notice any protests or comments....he proceeded

"We will not be able to get the components, atleast not as fast as we need it, oui. So, I agree, we need to replace the more "advanced" parts with more common ones. And to compensate the loss of quality, more plating would be needed."

He cleared his throat, looked around the room, then spoke up again..

"Les Maltese surely never have constructed a Gallic vessel, bien sur. But it won't be them who will build it. We have more then enough workers, the only thing we need is the shipyard. We may be able to produce many smaller ships with l'argent, but,i t is time to face the truth mes amis. If the rumours are true and the Core Worlds will be opened soon, les Royals will get a lot of reinforcements. Their miliary presence will be far bigger, and bases like Montbard won't be attacked 2 or 3 times a day like now, but much more often. We will need capital ships who can actively defend our most vital points, and make sure our hidden bases stay hidden."

He took a sip of water again, tired of his long speech. "It was clear that this time will come. We have reached a level of wealth that we must protect, and just think of the core bases. We have no idea about the situation there, but I can tell you one thing: If we will not build these capital ships soon, we will all be doomed."

"We must make sure we will make it through the harsh times that will come. Pour la Legione, this is it, are you all with me!?"

Jasmine, who had stood in the back for the most, looking over the designs. "Oui. If...When...we reach the core worlds, we do not know the state of the Brigands within. For all we know they have their own heirachy. And it isn't just our wealth we need to defend, is it? There is no point in Jaguars and Ascos when they will be thrown into the void as soon as the next Royalist capital rolls down the lane...As bad as it is for appearance, we will need to retreat sometimes. It is always good to have something big to retreat to."
She examines the slowly rotating cruiser, flickering in the holo-imager, her cocky smile quickly fading.
"However. This ship may be strong, but isn't it rather outdated? Gallics have developed quite terrifying things all over the place in the last few years. How long will such a weapon be able to stand in the advancing technological war?"
Pages: 1 2