Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Kushan VHF hitbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Great so I just met this ship in a long fight..

- it is really agile...but ok it has less guns

- 1/2 of the ship don't seem to have a hitbox

Someone please confirm/deny this or present a picture of the hitbox compared with the fighter. I'm sure BSG/CR have more experience fighting them.

The size doesn't really matter, what matters is how well it fits the ship. Naturally all people aim at what they see.

I was hanging on his six for quite some time... firing shots from about 150 ms behind him. (That is really close) and I watched 9/10 of my shots fly right trough the last 1/2 of his hull.

Jousting is ok.. since the front part has some kind of hitbox... but the back. :nono:

EDIT: Yes it's hard to hit.. since the shots simply fly trough.

EDIT2: Sorry the second part was a bit of a flame :$

EDIT3: Pictures on page 2
The ship is really hard to hit... We call it "The impossible to hit Kushan"
I knew it. It was only a matter of time before someone complained, lol. Everytime I find a decent vessel and show it is effective someone complains, sheesh.

In additon, we have flown many vessels. marauder, Kith, and now Kushan. Your respect has never been sought so keep it.

Also, we dodge and if such a bugger I should not die, right?

Overall, moot point. I expect, as always, that this community will nerf it to maintain their positions. Fortunately, the window is pretty good. In addition, keep your bloody implied insult to yourself. It is not just the ship killing or lasting beyond your desire. I have some skill.
Well great.. I'm headed straight to Kappa and going to buy it.. then I will ask the nearest corsair to shoot on me and make nice screens.
First i want to say the Kushan is available on the robot planet, the chosen home of the, ahm well, other robots.
So there is not really a reason to complain.

Here screenshots of the Kushan HF and the Kushan bomber. Don't know which type it is exactly.

HF

[Image: t2_3ygJ1qaLSGY.jpg] [Image: t2_HrwapRQRbgP.jpg]
As you can see, the hitbox is not centered along the z-axis, but many vessels have this. Its the Dagger hitbox

Bomber

[Image: t2_ePYPxkcvzzY.jpg] [Image: t2__sRKJUQCPiY.jpg]
Its the Dragon hitbox.

Please Mjolnir, remind the hitbox of the Catamaran, which makes it hard to hit it.
I have fought him too, but the most times we had flyby's, so i had no problem to hit him.

Respectful
AoM

edit: Kushan vessels are stored in the Discovery folder as lf., hf., Bomber and fr..
It's the Kushan VHF, AoM.
?s the kushan VHF the flying box with the two gun extensions? - if so ... i tried it in beta 2 and 3. i had no problem with it. it got hit well - however, i only used it to text npc missions - and the BHG hammerheads in gamma had no problem doing damage. - but thats npcs.

i haven t had pvp with / against it. but - its not really small. i once saw it next to a wrath - and .. surprisingly .. it was bigger than the rheinland fighter (was really surprised, cause most of the homeworld fighters look pretty small, when you have nothing to compare it to )

but yes, i guess people shoot at what they see, no matter if its big or small. guess resizing its hitbox isn t too complicated though.
Well I think I saw him for once in California. Didn't seem to have a very problematic hitbox to me. He was outnumbered though..:)And yes he is good at dodging.
can you put some color or something... I can't really see it. And yes it should be Kushan VHF.

I actually wrote in two separate threads and in the survey that the Catamaran should have a bigger hitbox. And yes I fly it since it's the only Kusari bomber there is
On your point of Marauder, I would love to fly it, however, it is outclassed in every category but one, agility. If it was brought up a little to compete with Viper MkI, I would use it. Sadly, it is out armored, out bat/bot, and out gunned. The agility is just not enough to compensate for such odds.

Now, the Kushan has 1,000 more armor than Viper MkI, and 200 less than MkII. In addition, it is out gunned. MkII and MkI have six guns to Kushan's three guns and 2 turrets. Agility is .15 faster than both so it seems the vessels are equal overall. Yet, you wish me to enter a gunfight with a knife. I shall not play the fool for your enjoyment. I desire at least a fighting chance.

Oso
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9