Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Glass.. knife?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"This is the last payment from our.. investment, ma'hm. Turned out quite useful to give that kid his ship and a life, yeah?" A twitchy, deformed hunchback of a man glanced from over his desk, four finger on an ingrown hand dancing over the keyboards like it were two hands and a half. Four monitors, two separate keyboards and only one hand available, due to the other arm being too short. He looked like he'd partially melted, but was smart enough to wrap himself in an altogether humongous blanket, to hide the nature of his being.

The woman, lounging across some luxury brand couch, just waved her hand. She lived inside a rock, a luxurious rock, but a rock nonetheless.

She glanced up at the large, ornate window before her, as it lighted up in a red hue and turned into an observation screen. The large number of eight million credits counting up on the screen. Then pried itself like a desperate fan in the queue of other numbers, some undefined, others high like it, underneath a large, absolutely ridiculous number up top forming a total of all assets.

"I'll offer him business sometime, if he doesn't get into trouble with other pirates than us.. He's good, for an independent trader that we've inhibited for months, now.. Heck, he's cute, even if a little too innocent looking for my tastes.." She sipped a glass, then sat up a little, a servant, a slave hurrying in, accompanied by two others and a guard would replace a canister, to which the humpback from earlier was attached, the freakshow nearly choking and throwing up during this process. But it was nessecary.

"T-th.. Milady. There's.." "I know." "But he-" "I know." "Then should I send out them?" The woman stood up, headed up to the large window-embedded monitor, crossing her arms, before rearranging a few windows on the screen. "He may owe us more than he should. enough to, perhaps, triple my un-assigned assets. But I'm fed up with his excuses, procrastinating and the sheer amount he probably won't pay off in a lifetime. That old man can rot.. So if you can arrange his displacement to, say, a cardiamine processing plant or the farms of, say, malta.. that would be plenty. His current assets and cargo should, according to report, be enough. Especially since he's trying to disappear from the radar. But I don't want to hire any of the usuals. There's a new avenue opening up. He's an explorer, you just don't hide stuff from these people, they'll find a way." She pressed a button on the monitor, a call across the neural net. Not the most safe channl, but the only way to contact the man in question, if he was off planet.

An unkempt man came on screen, scarred, and hair like a maelstrom of chaos. He was wearing a large, almost armored coat, full of tools and pens and nomad artifact...thingies who knows what else that stuff was.
It was a nessecity for him to get involved with the outcasts to explore his current locations, unmapped by any of the official houses. That, and he had a lead on the rumored new house, often discarded as mere myth and Harri.. Haggis.. He couldn't quite remember the term.

The man looked as though he had just had his soul sucked out and then forced back in through an uncomfortable orifice. And his face was mostly darkened, partially by the natural shape of it, and partially because he was on the night side of a colony planet out in the omicron systems.

"I see you've found me. Let me think.. that one wild party onboard some cruiser your personal henchmen were commandeering? I thought I said.."

"This isn't about that, I have work for you. I don't want to spend resources finding- and eliminating this man. So you do it. The pre-payment should be enough to replace your.. collateral damage from that time."

"My ship."

"Collateral damage."

"You almost gave me a new set of-"
"YES, now are you in?"

"I suppose."

"Then we're in business, mister Dr-"
"Obsidian."

"Obsidian, then. Sending you the details... now."

As the hunchback paused tapping his administral doodads, Obsidian looked up from his own terminal.
"Oh this is too easy... I'll see you in a standard day, with him in tow."
"I-Impressive, sssir." The hunchback uttered, flabbergasted.

"It happens."
<strike>Personal log, D. Obsidian.</strike>

That horrible, crazy-chick gave me a capture or kill job today, I thought she was going to have me manhandled and tossed into some 'nest' again 'for her sake'.
But nevermind that. She gave me a job to find and commandeer some guy's ship, belongings and/or the guy himself. Easy enough if I have a ship.
But here's the kicker.
Not only will she give me cash for a ship, she'll give me cash double when I'm done.
And as luck would have it, I already know where the guy is, and how to get him.

I was following up a lead on the supposedly bogus Gaul house the other day, seems like the guy talking about it actually didn't know squat, came to me looking for a way there, to escape, I reckon.
That much I know now, his 'hotel room' is right next to mine, too.
Easiest payroll I ever made.
But this isn't going to go down well for me, if it gets out too much, I do what I have to do to support my expeditions out here, but I frankly can't stay out here like this, inbetween the aliens and the smuggler-pirate feud. I'm going to have to pick off some traders after I cash out on this. But just in-case.. This log piece is invisible. I may take to pirating occationally.. but this is just a cluster of shame packed up in filth.

Then again, I'm only exploring to find new riches. Doesn't look like these people give bad jobs, once you get in deep with them. Still criminal. But I wasn't quite quasi-legal myself. Still have that warrant on me. Maybe I'll go taunt the police sometime.. Or take more jobs from her.
Seems like she's in the business of both supporting.. and totally ruining the day for others.