Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Exploration and research unit for hire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<strike>(Pardon if I'm not allowed to make a thread here.. being new and all. but it didn't quite seem like the news/commerce fit this.. since I'm using this for an rp opportunity rather than making actual creds. also pardon this use of OORP..)
---</strike>

[Image: coatl21.png]

==¤Zoner affiliated craft "Flourish", uncoded transmission¤==

|Playing recorded message|

As the insignia flickers off screen, it is replaced by a moderately corrupted recording of a figure with long drapes of rather archaic clothing, slightly hazy, the picture portrays the unclear figure as a tall, elegant one. The recording's background portrays pipes, valves and frozen liquid slowly melting off the underside of a few pipes.

Light tapping of feet is heard in the background and several people bustling back and forth seem to be working on fixing the pipes and other such things.
For some reason, those people seem more visible at first glance, rather than the speaker. Until he speeks, deep, almost neon green eyes sucking the viewer in towards them from behind a veil of obscurity. Making most want to know what's truly behind the mask he seems to wear. His voice is shaky, as if speaking was the same as suffering.

I.. *hkh*.. W-well met, Zoners and other spacefaring men, women and lifestakers!

I am the pilot of a small vessel, currently dubbed the Flourish, and affiliated with the a zoner station somewhere in the great depths of space.

I *nk.. *huff*.. Pardon..

I am currently in dock lending my equipment and expertise to repair and improve upon a ship passing through the Baffin system. And it's my first chance in a while to get some proper work done. I am, however, out of funding and a set goal for the time being. My main areas of expertise are space exploration and space anomaly research. Though I have other talents I will discuss in person, should you be interested in other, less specialized services. In-so-long as it doesn't betray the trust and guideline of the zoners who sanction my existance in this part of space.

I a-am W-willing to do many things at your behest for a modest coin.

And though I am willing to go to great lengths to meet a client and aid them in their business to the best of my abilities, I have to give you a first warning. If you plan to discuss with me in person at great length, you'll be adviced to take nessecary precautions as to the medical nature of my existance..
As you can see.. *cough.. hack* I am not in the best of conditions. And a filtration mask and a good pair of gloves would be a reccommended precaution. Though I try to inhibit the need for this with my own devices.. A brief meeting should be no problem..

Nevertheless, I am an issue solver, so if you need my services, or advice, I am sceduled to arrive at one of the zoner freeports later this evening, and will be sticking around to recieve responses for the near future, while my personal vessel is in for maintenance.. Please forward replies to any zoner station bartender, They'll know which way to send your reply and will get back to you with a personal contact channel.

Donations towards a more worthy, long-time monitoring vessels, and to the first or secondmost rights of information gained through any endeavour I undertake is also quite welcome.

*Cough..* I.. I look forward to any and all business, within the guidelines of.. *hnh.. neutrality and so forth.. Drai signing off.
[Image: Cordero_Incomming_message_02.png]

___Destroyer Krak.des.Chevaliers / / / Scientific deck___
___Re: Exploration and research job offered___

Hola senor

This is Cpt. Miguel Cordero speaking of the Maltese Navy. I have seen your message *ehm* advertisement on the "Sirius commerce net". Well, i could really use your services. I am very interested if you would be able to do a little research for my scientific deck. I have something special in my mind. But the circumstances doesnt allow me to travel with my ship to the desired location and to perform such a research by myself. Is your exploration unit ready? Let me know as quick as possible. All details will be arranged in the next communication.

***Attached secure link***

Regards

Cpt. Miguel Cordero

[Image: Cordero_Message_End_02.png]

==¤Zoner affiliated craft "Flourish", Scrambled format¤==

Direct Communication, Secure link

[Image: theblackskirtkopi.jpg]

As the screen flickers on, a more clearly visible, masked man on a deck observing a vortex-like anomaly of light in a deep nebula comes to view. As he turns, it almost looks like he's wearing a carnival mask or a movie prop. Half his face glistens with white serpent's scales. And his eyes seem to have no distinct pupils, solid green eyes staring down at the camera from behind a partial mask.

Pardon the delayed reply, I had to find a secure location for an operative of your nature, considering your status with the main houses. As well as the fact that I have been unavailable for a short while, getting ready to escalate a sister operation of mine... and a few medical issues as well. I'm sure you don't mind.

I currently hold pilot over a small Very Heavy Fighter, civilian make, fitted with observational tools and a lab in the meager cargo hold, but it serves me well. If you were interested in proper research, I, until further notice, require you to provide the locale..

But it doesn't have to be lab work, now does it? I mean, I am dealing with Malteseans here.

What.. *he shudders a bit, coughing, clutching his gut briefly* Did you have in mind?
[Image: nunchakus_trans.png]

Greetings friend,

I've recently received your broadcast and very much interested in the service that you are offering. If any time you are free, feel free to drop by Freeport 14. Just go to a bar called The Bear's Cave and ask the OSI crewmen hanging around there for me. I will arrange whatever free time I have to discuss our business terms.

Looking forward to see you.

[Image: transmissionbottomf.png]

__Communication via private secured link__

Hola senor

Well you are right as you guess already that the VHF's lab wont be really needed on this mission. It will be a purely exploration task. The research part in it consists from collecting of scanned data of the target which will be after its completion transfered directly to me.

Now to the target: Since my ship cannot travel to the desired location without raising unwanted attention by the local groups, I need from your research craft to gather any possible information about an solar object of which i have some brief information already - but not enough. When possible try to gain data from the surface - i am very interested on that. You should aim on everything strange you might find there. But you dont need to be concerned about my intentions with this. I need results from you.

There are some special things you should know about the target. According to our deep space reconnaisance drone which was sent some time ago to this area - there might be some form of radiaton around this solar object - be cautious. Also any connections to the Outcasts will be denied from our side, when your ship will get detected and questioned about the purpose of your mission there.

### Submitting available data /// Location ###

We need to clear the last thing. If you will be successful with this. I will pay you a good reward for this task and to cover your expenses on this mission. All depends on the gained data.

Regards

Cpt. Miguel Cordero

==¤Scrambled format¤==

We look forward to sharing our results with you. Keep in mind I have one prior engagement, and that I am still tuning my ship. It's been having engine problems lately. I wouldn't want to break down in the middle of space and not get you your results.

It is not desired that your ship would fall apart somewhere, in the worst case with all my research data. Good, i can transfer you some ante to repair your ship's engine and other components before your launch, so you can start with my mission and with a fully funtional vessel. Submit your repair price, but i need to warn you within our good relation, consider this now as a valid deal between us, if you will step out with my credits you are a dead man. Avaiting your response.

Cpt. Miguel Cordero

==¤Transmitting¤==

[Image: theblackskirtkopi.jpg]

It's not a question of money, dear friend, it's a question of components. Some nimwit's forgot to stock up, so I'm stuck making something myself. And don't worry, I have no intention of turning tail.

// (Yeah the problem is chiefly vista + antivirus = FL doesn't run.. but I'll be online as soon as possible x_x)

Very well, i will wait then until you have repaired your research ship. I hope it wont take you too long to get those components. My scientists need those data i have asked for, so try to hurry up. Let me know about your progress.

Cpt. Miguel Cordero

((Pardon me disappearing, computer went haywire, new laptop and windows 7.. It shouldn't take long now x_x))