Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Synth Foods Quarterly Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: mad-men-season-4-320.jpg]

::Peering out of the window, the flashes of the sun bouncing off of the windows of nearby buildings and the dozens of vehicles swirling around the high altitudes near the Synth Foods Inc. Corporate HQ, catches the eye of Roger Smith like a moth to a flame. The brilliance of the light cascading across the surfaces triggers a small smirk to form across his face before he takes in a few breaths and walks over to a large seat in the center of his office and eases himself into it. Almond hued eyes drift over the models that decorate the table in front of him. Several classes of Synth haulers are propped up on stands, each painted in the colors of the corporation he represents. Looking over his notes, he gives a slight nod to the camera as the Liberty Financial Network communication feed links up with the internal broadcasts going out to shareholders and Synth Captains all across the expanse. As the lights in his office dim and the ice tumbles in his glass of brandy, Roger Smith lights an Onyx blend cigar and exhales before speaking::

[Image: don-draper-final.jpg]

"Hello and greetings members of the Synth Foods Inc. Now I know that not all of you work directly for this company that I have had the opportunity to take leadership of, but all of you are invested in it's progress. For the past few weeks, there has been many rumors regarding the fate of SynthFoods Inc. (LibertyFinancialExchange Symbol:SYN). Some have heard that it was going to be bought out, others have heard that it was going to be broken up and it's bits and pieces sold off to the highest bidder. I announce with pride that none of the above will happen, nothing close to it at all."

::Smith takes a drag on the cigar before looking back to the camera::

"Through the good faith of the Board of Directors here at SynthFoods Inc, I have been allowed to embark on several plans that will elevate Synth to the status it used to have and beyond. Business is back, and it is booming. Our haulers have brought in record amounts of Paste, Luxury Goods, and Luxury Food from our nearby systems. The stock price, which was near at an all time low, has surged in recent trading to break even with our highest recorded amount. I am prepared to announce, that when trading resumes on the Liberty Exchange, SynthFoods Inc. can now offer a .5 percent dividend to every shareholder listening to the sound of my voice. This surge in stock price is a boost in the confidence you have in the hard working employees and associates here at SynthFoods Inc."

::Laughing slightly, Smith eyes the camera lens attentively::

"Now I know it is just a fancy corporate slogan that hundreds of hours was put towards developing, but all of you out there that own a share of SynthFoods.Inc really do "Believe in the Squeeze". For that, I thank you immensely. All of that being said, our plans for the future are great and in due time I will approach you, the movers and shakers of Synth for your input on what we should do next. As I am sure you have seen, I have reached out to two corporate entities, and they have both responded with open eyes and a willingness to hear the SynthFoods Inc. position. For that, I thank them for their time and attention. Tomorrow evening, the newly re-formed Board of Directors will be meeting to discuss the first phase of our new approach. Thank you for your time, and your continued financial support. As always, Taste the Paste"

::The lights inside Smith's office return to outside levels and the dark haired head of SynthFoods Inc. rises from the leather chair and slips his hands into the pockets of his trousers. Craning his head back, he looks over an antique map of Sirius that had been a part of this office since the companies founding. Removing the Onyx from his mouth, he flicked some ash into the nearby tray as his eyes drifted the first trade routes established for the company. Shaking his head slightly, he turns towards an updated LED map of the current routes and Sirius and the phased expansion project he was going to propose at his first meeting with the new Board of Directors::