Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Distorted Transmission from the Texas System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
>>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<<
>>>SOURCE: Unknown Location in the Texas System <<<
>>>ID Code: [color=#FFFFFF]15378, Williams, Thomas
<<<

A distorted figure of a man dressed in a lab coat appears on screen as a number of scientists run around behind him. The screen flickers as the figure appears to be that of Thomas Williams, the former President of Ageira Technologies presumed lost in the Grand Negra during an experiment.

This is Thomas Williams, President of Ageira Technologies or at least I was.... *Static* I presume that... time this reaches the outside world a.... *Static* must have been made in my absence. I predict that this message should reach the edge of the Grand Negra in a years time and... *Static* my theories about the time disturbance within the cloud.

If I am correct if and when I emerge only *Static* .... would have passed for my crew and I while as mentioned almost a year has passed since I vanished... I would like to first *Static*.... for my disappearance to the shareholders as I have no doubt it made *Static*.... drop in the share price but I needed to go on with the experiment and certain complications prevented me from putting it off.

I will attempt to leave the Grand Negra in *Static*...., and should I not appear a month or so after this message is received then I am as good as dead.

Thomas Williams, Out.

OOC: Thinking about coming back, but just so people don't freak out I have no claim to anything if I do return I have no idea what I'll Rp yet because I pretty much have nothing anymore. (I miss my Carrier) But the feeling to return has never been stronger.
++ Ageira Technologies: Emergency meeting of the Board of Directors; recorded notes.
++ Date: 20.4.818
++ This file is audio-to-text.

*Play*
++ Records resumed.

"...as good as dead. Thomas Williams, out."

(Silence, 24 seconds.)
(Quiet murmuring, 79 seconds.)

Voice of <censored #1>, head of Public Relations:
"Can we be sure it's really him? The chances of their survival were astronomically small.
Are we sure it's not some elaborate hoax?"

Voice of <censore #2>, head of Corporate Security:
"I don't like it. It looks a bit suspicious to me. I'm with <censored #1> on this one."

Voice of <censored #3>, head of Technology:
"Slow down for a moment, gentlemen. My people have modelled the situation numerous times, and while I've said that it's statistically improbable... I've never said it was impossible. Imagine the sort of data he might have with him!"

Voice of <censored #4>, head of Human Resources:
"I think it's worth a shot.
(clears throat)
Thaddeus, I'd like to call a vote."

Voice of Thaddeus Gideon, President of Ageira Technologies:
"Alright, then. Gentlemen, I am activating the voting interface. As usual, you have two minutes."

(The sound of several keystrokes are heard at uneven intervals.)
(1 minute, 23 seconds elapse.)

President:
"All votes are submitted.
(pause)
By a vast majority, the Directors have voted in favour of preparing an expedition to the Grande Negra danger zone to validate the authenticity of the transmission."

(The sound of a chair sliding back is heard.)

"It's time for a break. This meeting is adjourned."

++ Recording session ends.