Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 1 Faction per ID rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
' Wrote:OK, I think my original point has gotten a bit blurry. Let me clear that up. A price war is perfectly RP. However, my point is that the fact that a price war has started for purely OORP reasons is not alright and demonstrates potential issues with the 1 faction per ID rule. If there had been any sort of RP around this price war, I would be more than okay with it, but as it stands the group has created such an OORP conflict to increase faction activity. I am not okay with it. Telling me to stop whining does not make any sense, my complaint is legitimate, and it's a perfect example against the 1 faction per ID rule.

Your complaint is legitimate in your mind, because you feel you've been wronged. Your complaint has nothing to do with the 1 faction per ID rule.

The war between the GMG and Kusari was purely done to boost the GMG's activity too. The role play behind it made sense. Same thing here; so there is nothing wrong about it.

How does this issue demonstrate an issue with this rule? Go ahead, enlighten us.

Edit: I'll state again, that I'm fully for removing the rule myself. Just don't see how your QQ has anything to do with the rule.

Edit 2: Claiming there is no role play around the price war is a lie. Not all role play happens on the forums. I'd bet the Congress noticed you selling scrap in game, and then started a price war in game. Guess what? That is role play. They do not need to come to the forum to justify it. You, yourself are one of the most vocal supporters of people not having to come to the forum, yet you demand they do so in this case?
' Wrote:Factions with fundamentally different RP should use different ID or a generic one.

Not necessarily. Take a look at real world major corporations. Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing aka 3M, is a huge corporation that has expanded far beyond it's original niche in mining. They now produce Post-it notes, tape, electronic materials, medical and dental products, optical films, research laboratories in 35 countries, and in general over 55,000 products.

What this one company produces would encompass all of Ageira, IC, DSE and others in the FL world. Likewise, each of the major FL companies would likewise be involved in a well diversified number of enterprises, some with little to do with the name or original intent of the company.

For FL Disco, it's hard to do a company startup as some friends are involved with now. It would be far easier, and more inRP to make their a separate division of one of the larger Bretonia corporations, but they have no interest at this time in being a part of that particular player run faction that currently controls the ID.

Thus, for more realism as well as more involved RP within the corporations, allowing multiple business types withhin and NPC faction under a separate 'tag' is more than reasonable and helpful.

jmho,

- Tig

nevermind
-----
Stop chatting off topic guys.
Maybe just remove this rule instead.
[color=#FFFFFF][font=Agency fb]I say the rule is totally bogus and unnecessary. I'll put a firm example down, and even though people might see it as bias, I don't care. The Gaian ID/Gaian Guard ID. It should allow more than one official faction, since when people want to play actual Gaians and not NLH (bear in mind, not the same thing) they must be an indie. It really serves no purpose, this rule, and in the end, it's the players' fault if he coughs up 500 mill for official status and the faction goes under, no?
No, they don't have to be indy. This rule doesn't forbid unofficial factions being formed. Official status isn't always needed to run a successful faction. In the above mentioned case for example.
If this rule is to be left in place, some guidelines on how an unofficial faction may go about challenging an official faction for the ID would be peachy. If unofficials are even allowed to challenge them in the first place.

I mean do they post a creation request, pay their 500m, and state they are challenging the official? The admins monitor both factions over the course of [insert number] month(s). At the end of these time period one comes out the victor and becomes/remains official? Of course we, the community, would like to know the standards that the administration would be using to judge the two factions also.

Or the rule could be modified to allow those factions that would have multiple groups have multiple groups and force the factions to work together. Very much how the Zoners and the Corsairs currently work.
' Wrote:Your complaint is legitimate in your mind, because you feel you've been wronged. Your complaint has nothing to do with the 1 faction per ID rule.

The war between the GMG and Kusari was purely done to boost the GMG's activity too. The role play behind it made sense. Same thing here; so there is nothing wrong about it.

How does this issue demonstrate an issue with this rule? Go ahead, enlighten us.

Edit: I'll state again, that I'm fully for removing the rule myself. Just don't see how your QQ has anything to do with the rule.

Edit 2: Claiming there is no role play around the price war is a lie. Not all role play happens on the forums. I'd bet the Congress noticed you selling scrap in game, and then started a price war in game. Guess what? That is role play. They do not need to come to the forum to justify it. You, yourself are one of the most vocal supporters of people not having to come to the forum, yet you demand they do so in this case?

If GMG would have more then one official faction, I don't see how that war would become real unless the other faction would have approved it, given the fact that GMG's operating area is quite small.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9